- Dream Come True: Building websites by thinking about them - Nov 11, 2021.
From the mind to the computer, make websites using your imagination!
Brain, Deep Learning, Hackathon, Machine Learning, NLP
- DATAnalyze 2021 Analytics Hackathon Sponsored by Microsoft and WorldData.AI, $125,000 in prizes! - Oct 21, 2021.
Tech Tree Root is excited to introduce you to our DATAnalyze 2021 sponsors Microsoft, WorldData.AI, and HBCU Connect! Our online analytics hackathon is offering up to $125,000 USD in prizes!
Analytics, Hackathon, Microsoft, WorldData.AI
- Florida Hacks with IBM - Aug 25, 2021.
Join the Florida Hacks with IBM virtual hackathon and create a project to tackle sustainability challenges. IBM will provide mentorship and data sets to help bring your ideas to life.
Florida, Hackathon, IBM
- The Hackathon Guide for Aspiring Data Scientists - Jul 15, 2019.
This article is an overview of how to prepare for a hackathon as an aspiring data scientist, highlighting the 4 reasons why you should take part in one, along with a series of tips for participation.
Data Science, Flask, Hackathon, Mobile, Product
- Datathon 2019: The International Data Science Hackathon, 12-14 April - Mar 29, 2019.
The Data Science Hackathon is open for the global community to participate from all around the world virtually.
Data Science, Hackathon, Retail
- McKinsey Datathon: The City Cup
17 November, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Zurich. Apply Now - Oct 19, 2018.
While solving the challenge, you will gain insights into the types of problems that McKinsey Data Scientists solve daily to help their clients. Top prize is 5K Euro + conference attendance of your choice.
Amsterdam, Competition, Hackathon, McKinsey, Stockholm, Zurich
- AnalyticsX Hackathon: Seize the data! - Aug 17, 2018.
Join us for the AnalyticsX Hackathon, Sep 16-17 in San Diego, where the data is hot and the discoveries are cool. Reserve your seat now!
CA, Competition, Hackathon, San Diego, SAS, Viya
- McKinsey Analytics Online Hackathon, July 20-22 - Jul 13, 2018.
Calling all coders and data scientists to join McKinsey's hackathon. Prize: 5,000 USD + NIPS (Montreal, Canada) + Flights + Accommodation.
Analytics, Data Science, Hackathon, Hiring, McKinsey
- McKinsey Analytics Online Hackathon, 10 March, 2018 - Feb 28, 2018.
Calling all coders and data scientists to join McKinsey 24-hour hackathon on March 10, 2018. Win All-expenses paid trip to a tech conference of your choice.
Advanced Analytics, Hackathon, Machine Learning, McKinsey, Recommender Systems
- Spark Summit – Explore the future of Data Science and Machine Learning, San Francisco, June 5-7 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 25, 2017.
Choose from over 175 sessions in 10 different tracks, including Developer, Data Science, Enterprise Applications, Machine Learning, Streaming and Spark Experience & Use Cases. Save 15% with code KDNUGGETS.
Apache Spark, CA, Data Science, Developers, Hackathon, San Francisco, Summit
- Data Science Hackathon, Metis / Invisible Institute, Nov 19, San Francisco - Nov 14, 2016.
Join hackathon to explore data science models and D3 visualizations to help the efforts of the Citizens Police Data Project.
CA, Crime, D3.js, Data Visualization, Hackathon, Metis, Police, San Francisco
- Brainwaves hackathon on Machine Learning - Sep 28, 2016.
This hackathon aims at attracting top developers for a 30-hour build session focused on Machine Learning. The first qualifying event will be held online in October.
Data Science, Hackathon, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics
- NYC Taxi Hackathon – find privacy risks in public taxi datasets - Sep 19, 2016.
The NYC TLC has been a pioneer in sharing big data since 2010, but earlier data releases have been de-anonymized. TLC is considering releasing taxi data again, subject to a new anonymization method. This hackathon is to help test it.
Anonymized, Dataset, Hackathon, New York City, NY, Privacy, Risks, Taxi
- GE Intelligent World Hackathon: Insights from Street Lights - Jul 7, 2016.
In the Intelligent World Hackathon, running now through August 2, you can be one of the first developers to access GE smart LED streetlight network data and build urban apps on Predix, GE’s new IIoT data analytics platform.
Energy, GE, Hackathon, IoT
- Watson Developer Challenge: build conversational apps using Watson language APIs - Mar 18, 2016.
Watson Developer Challenge is an online hackathon to build conversational apps using Watson new language service APIs for NLP, document conversion, and speech and machine learning algorithms. Coders have till Apr 15 to build software that lets users interact with Watson through a natural conversational interface.
API, Cognitive Computing, Competition, Hackathon, IBM Watson, Natural Language Processing
- HackSummit Virtual Event, Feb 22-24 - Feb 10, 2016.
hack.summit() is a virtual conference, uniting renowned programming language creators, open-source contributors and other top experts. Free registration to all KDnuggets readers - use the code KDNUGGETS.
- History Meets Innovation: Big Data Hackathon with Yad Vashem - Jan 12, 2016.
For 70 years the dedicated people at Yad Vashem have listened, gathered, protected and curated. Now we make their data come alive.
API, Big Data, Hackathon, Haven OnDemand, Holocaust, HP, HPE, Yad Vashem
- Hackerday – Stay Updated in your Career through Hands-On Projects - Nov 19, 2015.
Hackerday is a platform at DeZyre – which allows you to come together as a group, code and work on day long hackathons, where you will be guided by an industry expert, as you are coding. Next Hackerday session Nov 21.
Data Science Platform, DeZyre, Hackathon, Python, R
- 10 Steps to Success in Kaggle Data Science Competitions - Mar 11, 2015.
The author, ranked in top 10 in five Kaggle competitions, shares his 10 steps for success. These also apply to any well-defined predictive analytics or modeling problem with a closed dataset.
Pages: 1 2 3
Competition, Hackathon, Kaggle, Overfitting, Yanir Seroussi
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-25: Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data - Nov 28, 2014.
Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data; #BigData Top Trends in 2015: In-memory DBs, Non-Data Scientists, Sensor Data ...; Hackathon pits data scientists against social problems; Great course: Intro to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R.
Big Data, Coursera, Hackathon, In-Memory Computing, Trends
- Boston Docker Global Hack Day and Meetup, Oct 30 - Oct 19, 2014.
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications. Join other Boston-area developers for Docker Global Hack Day #2 at O'Reilly Media in Cambridge, MA.
Boston-MA, Cambridge-MA, Competition, Docker, Hackathon
- Code for India 2014 Global Hack-a-thon – Building a Better India through Innovative Solutions - May 19, 2014.
Non-stop 24 hours of coding at the Code for India 2014 hackathon leads to creative solutions for major social problems of India through interesting software applications.
Data Mining, Google, Hackathon, India, Mountain View-CA, Predictive Modeling