- Spark for Scale: Machine Learning for Big Data - Sep 23, 2016.
This post discusses the fundamental concepts for working with big data using distributed computing, and introduces the tools you need to build machine learning models.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apache Spark, Big Data, Hadoop, HDFS, Machine Learning, MapReduce
- Making Data Science Accessible – HDFS - Aug 4, 2016.
This post explains some basic Big Data concepts and offers some insight into when HDFS can be useful, employing basic analogies to do so.
Data Science, Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce
- Hadoop Key Terms, Explained - May 30, 2016.
An straightforward overview of 16 core Hadoop ecosystem concepts. No Big Picture discussion, just the facts.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Spark, Explained, Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Key Terms, MapReduce, YARN
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Balancing Accuracy and Simplicity in Analytics - Aug 4, 2015.
We discuss common pain points in Big Data projects, evolution of Datameer technology, department specific solution – Datameer Professional, Datameer 5.0 Smart Execution, tacking over-simplicity and more.
Apache Spark, Data Warehousing, Datameer, Flink, Hadoop, Insights, Interview, MapReduce, Stefan Groschupf
- Big Data – yes, that’s what a latest Sensational Rap Music Video is all about - Jul 16, 2015.
Music video featuring Big Data and Hadoop (and Map-Reduce and NoSQL) might be all you need to light up your day!
Big Data, Data Scientist, Hadoop, MapReduce, Music, NoSQL, Viacom Velocity
- Introduction to Big Data with Apache Spark - Jun 23, 2015.
Apache spark, has been one of the exciting technologies in recent years for the big data development. Here, you can find why spark is better than its predecessors and what are its major pillars.
Apache Spark, Big Data, MapReduce
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 22, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 1 of Big Data Bootcamp 2015 in Austin.
Apache Spark, Bootcamp, Hadoop, MapReduce, MongoDB, NoSQL, Relational Databases, Sharding, Spark SQL
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Why Big Data needs Polyglots - Dec 13, 2014.
We discuss why not to focus on a single technology in Big Data, prevalent myths, what IBM & Twitter partnership means for the world, and current state of data governance.
Big Data, Hadoop, IBM, Interview, MapReduce, NoSQL, Paul Zikopoulos, Social Analytics, Twitter
- Containers: The Enabler of YARN - Jul 28, 2014.
The evolution of a data-center operating system is discussed along with the underlying challenges and approaches being followed. Containers play a big role in enabling the required abstraction and deliver additional benefits.
Altiscale, Applications, Containers, Docker, Hadoop, MapReduce, Mesos, Virtualization, YARN
- Hadoop: Elephants in the Cloud - Jan 9, 2014.
Hadoop in the Cloud became a trending topic in 2013, with many new product and project announcements. This guest post explores 6 reasons why customers are seeing increased value in this model.
Hadoop, Hadoop 2.0, MapReduce