- Data Analysis Using Scala - Sep 24, 2021.
It is very important to choose the right tool for data analysis. On the Kaggle forums, where international Data Science competitions are held, people often ask which tool is better. R and Python are at the top of the list. In this article we will tell you about an alternative stack of data analysis technologies, based on Scala.
Data Science, Machine Learning, Scala, Spark, YARN
- Hadoop Key Terms, Explained - May 30, 2016.
An straightforward overview of 16 core Hadoop ecosystem concepts. No Big Picture discussion, just the facts.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Spark, Explained, Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Key Terms, MapReduce, YARN
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Big Data TechCon How-To Conference, Apr 26-28, Boston - Mar 15, 2015.
Win a free KDnuggets Pass for Big Data TechCon in Boston - the conference to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty.
Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Big Data, Boston, Hadoop, HBase, MA, R, Techcon, YARN
- Big Data TechCon, the HOW-TO conference, Boston, April 26-28 - Feb 24, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon, April 26-28 in Boston, to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty. Special discount.
Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Big Data, Boston, Hadoop, HBase, MA, R, Techcon, USA, YARN
- The Post-Hadoop World: New Kid On The Block Technologies - Feb 5, 2015.
Big Data technology has evolved rapidly, and although Hadoop and Hive are still its core components, a new breed of technologies has emerged and is changing how we work with data, enabling more fluid ways to process, store, and manage it.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Chronos, Docker, Hadoop, YARN
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jan 6, 2015 and beyond - Jan 6, 2015.
Hadoop, Top BI Trends, Enter a KDD Cup or Kaggle, YARN, In-Database Analytics Deep Dive, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
Hadoop, In-Database, Kaggle, KDD Cup, YARN
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 18 and beyond - Nov 17, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Visualization, Scores Aren't Enough, Big Bioinformatics without Big Hassles, Starting Small and Scaling Big with Hadoop, YARN, WCAI Oppy: Desktop Software Subscription Analysis, and more.
Bioinformatics, Data Visualization, Hadoop, YARN
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
Advanced Analytics, Alpine, Collaboration, Hadoop, Interview, Joe Otto, Startup, Use Cases, YARN
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
Data Analytics, Deep Learning, Enlitic, Hadoop, Jeremy Howard, Machine Learning, YARN
- Containers: The Enabler of YARN - Jul 28, 2014.
The evolution of a data-center operating system is discussed along with the underlying challenges and approaches being followed. Containers play a big role in enabling the required abstraction and deliver additional benefits.
Altiscale, Applications, Containers, Docker, Hadoop, MapReduce, Mesos, Virtualization, YARN
- Big Data TechCon, The How-To Conference, Oct 27-29, San Francisco - Jul 15, 2014.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon in San Francisco, to learn HOW-TO accommodate the terabytes and petabytes of data, learn the latest big data technologies, mingle and network, and be inspired by keynotes.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Data Science Education, San Francisco-CA, Techcon, YARN
- YARN is All the Rage at Hadoop Summit 2014 - Jun 12, 2014.
Apache YARN, which enables much broader types of computations than MapReduce, is quickly becoming an integral part of Hadoop projects. We review best practices considerations for a YARN cluster.
Apache, Apache Spark, Daniel D. Gutierrez, Hadoop, Summit, YARN
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 19 and beyond - May 19, 2014.
Data Mining: FTL; Deep Learning with H2O; Purchase history to Customer Projects; Apache Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Solr; Python for Big Data Analytics, and more.
Deep Learning, Hadoop, Hortonworks, Solr, WCAI, Wharton, YARN
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 12 and beyond - May 12, 2014.
Who Owns the Data, The New Database Frontier, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Purchase history to Customer Projects, Hadoop and YARN, and more.
Analytically Speaking, Apache Storm, Deep Learning, Hadoop, SAS, YARN
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on YARN and Customer Analytics - May 12, 2014.
We discuss significance of YARN for Hadoop 2.0 platform, unique benefits of RedPoint Convergent Marketing Platform and Master Key Management for Customer Analytics.
Customer Analytics, George Corugedo, Hadoop 2.0, Interview, RedPoint, YARN
- Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data - Apr 18, 2014.
Spark solves similar problems as Hadoop MapReduce does but with a fast in-memory approach and a clean functional style API. Leveraging Hadoop Yarn, Alpine has made it very simple to get started with Spark.
Alpine, Apache Spark, Hadoop, YARN
- Hadoop Innovation Summit, San Diego, Feb 19-20 - Jan 9, 2014.
This summit boasts a line-up of world class speakers and is set to bring together professionals pioneering Hadoop in their organizations.
Hadoop, IE Group, San Diego-CA, YARN