- Why would you put Scikit-learn in the browser? - Jul 22, 2020.
Honestly? I don’t know. But I do think WebAssembly is a good target for ML/AI deployment (in the browser and beyond).
- Why the Data Scientist and Data Engineer Need to Understand Virtualization in the Cloud - Jan 25, 2017.
This article covers the value of understanding the virtualization constructs for the data scientist and data engineer as they deploy their analysis onto all kinds of cloud platforms. Virtualization is a key enabling layer of software for these data workers to be aware of and to achieve optimal results from.
Pages: 1 2
- 8 Myths about Virtualizing Hadoop on vSphere Explained - Dec 22, 2015.
This article takes some common misperceptions about virtualizing Hadoop and explains why they are errors in people’s understanding.
Pages: 1 2
- Containers: The Enabler of YARN - Jul 28, 2014.
The evolution of a data-center operating system is discussed along with the underlying challenges and approaches being followed. Containers play a big role in enabling the required abstraction and deliver additional benefits.
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.