2015 Oct Courses, Education
All (105) | Courses, Education (17) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (19) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (30) | Publications (7) | Software (2) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (11) | Webcasts (7)
- SAS Adds Certifications for Big Data and Data Science
- Oct 28, 2015.
SAS has been in the business of analytics and data science for long time, this new offering comes at an opportune time as big data technologies are requiring new skills and demand for analytical talent is at an all-time high.
- Explaining Analytics to Decision Makers: Insights to Actions
- Oct 27, 2015.
Communicating the value of analytics work requires different tools and skills than building predictive models, but you need to master these tools to have your work implemented.
- Saint Mary’s Mathematically Rigorous MS in Data Science, Primarily Online
- Oct 27, 2015.
At Saint Mary's you'll develop a strong mathematical base, an enduring skill set in an ever-changing world, that will allow you to take on complex data challenges now and in the future. Apply by Dec 1.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [San Jose, Dec 7-11]
- Oct 20, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in San Jose, Dec 3-4 or Orlando in February.
- Harness Big Data with NTU part-time MSc
- Oct 19, 2015.
NTU part-time MSc Data Analytics for Business will give you the analytical and technical skills to maximize the big data revolution. Find out more at our open event on 11 Nov 2015.
- DistrictDataLabs Courses on Data Mining, Machine Learning, R, NLP, Social Media, and more
- Oct 17, 2015.
District Data Labs upcoming workshops and courses include Data Mining & Machine Learning with R, Building a Django Data Product, Analyzing Social Media Data with R, and Natural Language Processing with R.
- SFBayACM Silicon Valley Data Science Camp, Oct 24 2015
- Oct 16, 2015.
This is a great (almost free = $5) opportunity to learn about Data Science and connect with others. SF Bay ACM annual Data Science Camp combines keynote, optional tutorial, and sessions.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Tampa, Dec 7-9, KDnuggets discount
- Oct 13, 2015.
This bootcamp is targeted to people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data, covering Hadoop, Spark, IoT, Kafka, Real time streaming, Industry use cases, NoSQL, Data Science, R, Python, Machine Learning, and more.
- SMU MS in Data Science Online
- Oct 13, 2015.
Designed for working professionals, DataScience@SMU features live online face-to-face classes, hands-on, project-based coursework, collaborative peer network, and more.
- Northwestern MOOC Specialization: “Social Marketing – How to Profit in a Digital World;” Lexalytics CMO Seth Redmore Featured Faculty Member
- Oct 12, 2015.
Six-part series offered through Coursera will teach entrepreneurs, executives, and marketing professionals how to manage, measure, and monetize social media marketing programs.
- Best Data Science Online Courses
- Oct 12, 2015.
The number of online data science courses have exploded in recent years and there courses for any needs. Here is a extensive list of free and paid courses from Coursera, DataCamp, Dataquest, edX, Udacity, Udemy, and other major providers.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Santa Clara, Nov 13-15
- Oct 10, 2015.
Fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape targeted towards technical and business people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data. Special KDnuggets discount.
- The Data Science for Internet of Things – practitioner course
- Oct 8, 2015.
The Data Science for IoT is the world first course that helps you to become a Data Scientist for the Internet Of Things. Starts Nov 10 in London, UK or online.
- Online course: Credit Risk Modeling
- Oct 7, 2015.
The course covers basic and advanced modeling, including stress testing Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD ) and Exposure At Default (EAD) models.
- Self-Paced E-learning course: Advanced Analytics in a Big Data World
- Oct 6, 2015.
The course covers the entire analytics process, from data preprocessing to advanced modeling, including ensemble methods (bagging, boosting, random forests), neural networks, SVMs, Bayesian networks, social networks, monitoring and more.
- INFORMS Courses: Essential Practice Skills, Data Exploration and Visualization, November, Baltimore
- Oct 5, 2015.
Two INFORMS courses teach Essential Practice Skills for High-Impact Analytics Projects (Nov 18-19) and Data Exploration & Visualization (Nov 10-11). Both courses are given at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Oct 1, 2015.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset. Upcoming application deadline is Nov 15.