- 8 Useful Advices for Aspiring Data Scientists - May 4, 2018.
I recently read Sebastian Gutierrez’s “Data Scientists at Work”, in which he interviewed 16 data scientists. I want to share the best answers that these data scientists gave for the question: "What advice would you give to someone starting out in data science?"
- 24 Interactive Data Science Talks, Totally FREE and Live Online 9/27 – Register Now! - Sep 13, 2017.
On Sep 27, watch 24 free, LIVE data science talks from industry-leading speakers who will collectively demystify the training, tools, and career paths associated with the exciting field of data science.
- PAW Keynotes: Tips, Tricks, Mistakes, and Examples - Jul 19, 2017.
PAW Business, Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2017 in NYC, will be packed with the top machine learning and predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors, business thought leaders - check the keynotes.
- Interviews with Data Scientists: Claudia Perlich - Dec 2, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, Roberto Zicari talks to a leading Data Scientist Claudia Perlich about what they must know about Machine Learning and evaluation, domain knowledge, data blending, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Top Data Scientist Claudia Perlich on Biggest Issues in Data Science - Sep 29, 2016.
Find out what top data scientist Claudia Perlich believes are - and are not - the biggest issues in data science today, and why spending 80% of their time with data preparation is not a problem.
- Top Data Scientist Claudia Perlich’s Favorite Machine Learning Algorithm - Sep 27, 2016.
Interested in the reasons why a top data scientist is partial to one particular algorithm over others? Read on to find out.
- Automating Data Ingestion: 3 Important Parts - Sep 9, 2016.
In the day and age of ‘Big Data”, data ingestion has to be automated on some level. How best to automate it?
- PAPIs 16 Conference on Predictive Applications & APIs, Oct 10-12, Boston - Aug 30, 2016.
PAPIs is the premier forum for the presentation of new machine learning APIs, techniques, architectures and tools to build intelligent applications. It also hosts the world’s 1st startup competition where the jury is an AI.
- Contest 2nd Place: Automated Data Science and Machine Learning in Digital Advertising - Aug 4, 2016.
This post is an overview of an automated machine learning system in the digital advertising realm. It is an entrant and second-place recipient in the recent KDnuggets blog contest.
- Open Data Science West, San Francisco, Nov 13-14 - Sep 19, 2015.
Open Data Science West, Nov 13-14 San Francisco has a stellar line-up of speakers including Brian Granger, Anthony Goldbloom, Claudia Perlich, and over 50 talks and 20 workshops from Data Science experts. Save 15% from already low rates with ODSC-KDNG code.
- Advancing Analytics – Global Analytics Leaders to Speak in Sydney, Aug 4 - Jun 18, 2015.
Seven global analytics leaders will talk in Sydney at Advancing Analytics 2015, on coping with 20 petabytes of data/year, sentiment analytics to understand customers, machine learning and IoT impact on the analytics industry, and more.
- Advancing Analytics 2015, Sydney, Australia, August 4, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015.
Hear from the leading thinkers on the analytics that drives business. The Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA) annual event features CERN, Barclays Bank, Fonterra, Oxford University, GILT, CISCO and Dstillery, Aug 4 - a week before KDD-15.
- Data Scientists Thoughts that Inspire - Apr 29, 2015.
Inspirational thoughts from leading data scientists, including Yann LeCun, Erin Shellman, Daniel Tunkelang, Claudia Perlich, and Jake Porway. What inspires you?
Pages: 1 2
- KDD-2014 Ice Bucket Challenge - Aug 30, 2014.
KDD-2014 team of Jure Leskovec, Claudia Perlich, Sofus Macskassy, Gregory Piatetsky, and Rayid Ghani responds to the Ice Bucket challenge.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Panel Report: A Data Scientist Guide to Startups - Aug 19, 2014.
A detailed report on the KDD-2013 panel with 4 leading data scientists and entrepreneurs - Ron Bekkerman, Oren Etzioni, Usama Fayyad, and Claudia Perlich, discussing the major issues in Big Data and Data Science startups.
- KDD Partners with Bloomberg to Unleash Data - Jun 21, 2014.
Researchers will be able to engage with practitioners, policy makers and activists engaged in NGOs to explore opportunities to utilize data science in socially relevant application domains. Abstracts or other submissions due July 15.