- How to Define a Machine Learning Problem Like a Detective - Oct 22, 2018.
The common refrain among machine learning practitioners is that it’s as much an art as a science. True enough, but in this discipline, you can only appreciate the former if you understand the latter.
- Open Data in Elections: Using Visualization and Graphical Discovery Analysis for Voter Education and Civic Engagement - Apr 5, 2016.
This article makes a case for the importance of innovating using open data, its also proves that adapting open data principles with visual design can enhance transparency, foster accountability, and aid citizen and voter education in elections.
- Support “Talking Machines” – the best podcast on Machine Learning, Data Science and AI - Sep 20, 2015.
Excitement, and worry, about ML, AI, and data science is at a fever pitch. It’s our responsibility to bring the conversation back to reality, and support the projects that do, or face another ‘winter’.
- Exclusive: Interview with Chris Wiggins, NYTimes Chief Data Scientist - Jan 13, 2015.
New York Times Chief Data Scientist Chris Wiggins on the transformation of digital journalism, key Data Science skills, favorite tools, why better wrong than nice, and how Thomas Jefferson is very relevant today.
- Tableau Top 10 Trends in Business Intelligence for 2015 - Dec 6, 2014.
Tableau Software presents its top 10 trends in business intelligence in 2015, including transformed data governance, improved social intelligence, and organizational analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 31 – Feb 2: Free books on statistical learning; Intro: Machine Learning and Apache Mahout - Feb 3, 2014.
3 Free books on statistical learning; Machine Learning and Apache Mahout : very good Introduction; 16 Top #BigData Analytics Platforms; Knowledge Graph, Google giant database of all the facts in the world