- Data storytelling: brains are built for visuals, but hearts turn on stories - Jun 17, 2021.
Today, we need much more than just numbers about our organization to understand, gain insights, and take relevant actions. While visualizations of the data are important, making an emotional connection with the stories behind the data is key. If you want to sell a story, send a missile to the heart.
- Forget Telling Stories; Help People Navigate - Mar 15, 2021.
When designing reporting & visualizations, think of them as part of a navigation framework rather than stand-alone information.
- Telling a Great Data Story: A Visualization Decision Tree - Feb 15, 2021.
Pick your visualizations strategically. They need to tell a story.
- 5 Concepts Every Data Scientist Should Know - Oct 2, 2020.
Once a Data Scientist, there are certain skills you will apply each and every day of your career. Some of these might be common techniques you learned during your education, while others may develop fully only after you become more established in your organization. Continuing to hone these skills will provide you with valuable professional benefits.
- Why data analysts should choose stories over statistics - Sep 26, 2019.
Join the Crunch Data Conference in Budapest, Oct 16-18, with stellar speakers from companies like Facebook, Netflix and LinkedIn. Use the discount code ‘KDNuggets’ to save $100 off your conference ticket.
- How to Make Stunning 3D Plots for Better Storytelling - Jul 17, 2019.
3D Plots built in the right way for the right purpose are always stunning. In this article, we’ll see how to make stunning 3D plots with R using ggplot2 and rayshader.
- Make your Data Talk! - Jun 28, 2019.
Matplotlib and Seaborn are two of the most powerful and popular data visualization libraries in Python. Read on to learn how to create some of the most frequently used graphs and charts using Matplotlib and Seaborn.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Want to Become a Data Scientist? Try Feynman Technique - Jan 24, 2018.
Get over the impostor syndrome by developing a strong understanding about the various Data Science topics using the Feynman Technique
- Storytelling: The Power to Influence in Data Science - Jul 6, 2016.
Data scientists need to share results, which is different than talking shop with other data scientists. Read about influencing people and telling stories as a data scientist.
- Automatic Data Science: DataRobot, Quill and Loom Systems - Apr 8, 2016.
Automatic data science is on the rise. This post examines three recent visionary solutions: DataRobot, Quill and Loom Systems.
Pages: 1 2
- How To Build Compelling Stories From Your Data Sets - Aug 31, 2015.
Are you done with digging, slicing and aggregating those numbers, your job is not over yet. Presenting your findings is an art itself, find out how by means of visualization you can achieve this.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Miriah Meyer, Univ. of Utah on the Art and Science of Visualization - Jan 12, 2015.
We discuss insights from the best paper at ACM AVI 2014, increasing interest in visualization, infographics, trends, challenges, advice and more.
- IIA 2015 Analytics Predictions - Dec 11, 2014.
Highlights and discussion from IIA 2015 Analytics Predictions webinar, including Storytelling will be the hot new job in analytics; companies double investment in generating NEW and UNIQUE data, and how does one become an expert if entry-level work is automated?