- They Want to Get Rid of Me! (Data Scientist Lament) - Apr 21, 2017.
We examine “citizen” data scientists and debate between Jeffersonians, who seek to empower everyday worker with data science tools, and Platonists who argue that democratizing data science leads to anarchy and overfitting.
- Citizen Data Scientist, Jumbo Shrimp, and Other Descriptions That Make No Sense - Dec 30, 2016.
No one would say “Citizen Lawyer” or “Citizen Nuclear Physicists” or “Citizen Physician.” I guess a “Citizen Physician” would be someone who “practices medicine but whose primary job function is outside of the field of medicine (meaning that they’ve had no training in medicine or medical procedures).”
- Driving Data Science Productivity Without Compromising Quality - Sep 14, 2016.
How will data science teams maintain quality standards in the face of advancing automation? Attend the IBM DataFirst Launch Event on Sep 27 in NYC and learn how to drive greater productivity from your data science teams without compromising the quality of the mission-critical business assets they produce.
- The Benefits of Decentralizing Analytics Talent - Jun 4, 2016.
Over the next several years data will be served in a variety of ways, greater innovation will come from companies that look to share raw data. Here we talk about, democratizing the data which requires a different philosophy to allow all business functions to participate in analytics.
- Building effective “Citizens Data Scientist” teams - Apr 28, 2016.
The idea of citizen data scientists is being for more than a year, which suggests businesses to put the people from the business side in the work of exploring and analyzing data. Understand how you and your organisation can be benefitted by this.
Pages: 1 2
- 3 Signs That BI Will Never Be The Same Again - Apr 22, 2016.
Gartner officially deemed 2016 the year of Modern BI and with this new era of BI changes are inevitable. Understand how the traditional BI is reshaping in this data century with Scrollytelling, citizen data scientist and new BI approaches.
- Advantages and Risks of Self-Service Analytics - Apr 13, 2016.
Self-service analytics is likely to spread in all the business layers, and with proper care to avoid certain risks, the culture of self-service analytics will help all organizations.
- Cartoon: Citizen Data Scientist At Work - Mar 26, 2016.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines Citizen Data Scientist at work and his previous career as a citizen dentist and a citizen pilot.
- “Citizen Data Scientist” Revolution - Mar 24, 2016.
The naysayers are on the wrong side of "citizen" Data Scientist debate. Business users already have self-service BI capabilities and make decisions whether they are statistically sound or not. We can’t stop them from making decisions but should make statistically sound decisions easier. This new approach is called Smart Data Discovery.
- The Mirage of a Citizen Data Scientist - Mar 1, 2016.
The term "citizen data scientist" has been irritating me recently. I explain why I think it both a bad term and a bad idea, and what we need instead.
- Lavastorm Webinar: Self-Service Advanced Analytics, Nov 19 - Nov 5, 2015.
Learn how citizen data scientists can mine data for valuable insights, combine Big Data with opportunities focused on business, and be free from tedious tasks to explore new paths to insight.
- Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 28, 2015.
Which are the most hyped technologies today? Check out Gartner's latest 2015 Hype Cycle Report. Autonomous cars & IoT stay at the peak while big data is losing its prominence. Smart Dust is a new cool technology for the next decade!