2016 Aug News, Features
All (123) | Courses, Education (11) | Meetings (15) | News, Features (23) | Opinions, Interviews (27) | Software (8) | Tutorials, Overviews (32) | Webcasts & Webinars (7)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 24-30: #DataScientist – sexiest job of the 21st century until …; Activation Function in #NeuralNetworks.
- Aug 31, 2016.
Cartoon: #DataScientist - sexiest job of the 21st century until ...; What is the Role of the Activation Function in Neural Networks?; LinkedIn Machine Learning team tutorial on building #Recommender system; Create a #Chatbot for #Telegram in #Python to Summarize Text.
- Whitepaper: Big Data Visualization With Datashader
- Aug 30, 2016.
Download this free whitepaper on how datashader helps tame the complexity of visualizing large amounts of data, along with examples for accomplishing this.
- New Book: TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence, KDnuggets Offer
- Aug 30, 2016.
TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence is a hands-on introduction to learning algorithms and the "TensorFlow book for humans." KDnuggets readers get a 25% discount, available here.
- Top Stories, Aug 22-28: How to Become a Data Scientist; 10 Need to Know Machine Learning Algorithms
- Aug 29, 2016.
How to Become a Data Scientist; 10 Need to Know Machine Learning Algorithms; How to Become a (Type A) Data Scientist; Cartoon: Data Scientist: The sexiest job of the 21st century until...
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update
- Aug 29, 2016.
Check out this thorough roundup of deep learning stories that made news in July. See if there are any items of note you missed.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist – the sexiest job of the 21st century until …
- Aug 27, 2016.
This Data Scientist thought that he had the sexiest job of the 21st century until the arrival of the competition ...
- New Poll: Which methods/algorithms you used for a Data Science or Machine Learning application?
- Aug 26, 2016.
Which methods/approaches you used in the past 12 months for an actual Data Science-related application? Please vote and we will analyze and publish the results.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 17-23: Approaching (Almost) Any #MachineLearning Problem; #Database Nirvana – can one query language rule them all?
- Aug 24, 2016.
In Search of #Database Nirvana - can one query language rule them all? Google Cloud Datalab: #Jupyter meets #TensorFlow, #cloud meets local deployment; Approaching (Almost) Any #MachineLearning Problem; The Gentlest Introduction to Tensorflow Part 1.
- Top Stories, Aug 15-21: 10 Need to Know Machine Learning Algorithms; Does Data Scientist Mean What You Think It Means?
- Aug 22, 2016.
The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know; Does Data Scientist Mean What You Think It Means?; The Gentlest Introduction to Tensorflow; Central Limit Theorem for Data Science - Part 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 10-16: 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career
- Aug 17, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career; Visualizing 1 Billion Points of #Data Webinar; #Cartoon: Make Data Great Again!; The role of the activation function in a #NeuralNetwork
- Top Stories, Aug 8-14: Beginner’s Guide to Neural Nets with R; 5 Data Science/Big Data Ebooks
- Aug 15, 2016.
Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with R; 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career; Cartoon: Make Data Great Again; Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff: An Overview
- Cartoon: Make Data Great Again
- Aug 13, 2016.
This KDnuggets cartoon considers a speech that a certain presidential candidate can give on a topic of Big Data.
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career
- Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 03-09: Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff: An Overview
- Aug 10, 2016.
Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff: An Overview; Cartoon: Facebook #DataScience experiments and Cats; Bayesian #Machine Learning, Explained; Deep Reinforcement Learning for Keras.
- MICCAI 2016 Cancer Radiomics Challenge
- Aug 9, 2016.
Details on the ongoing MICCAI 2016 Cancer Radiomics Challenge, organized by University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center radiation oncology team, hosted on Kaggle, and being held until September 12th.
- Top Stories, Aug 1-7: Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; Data Science for Beginners Video Series
- Aug 8, 2016.
Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; Data Science for Beginners Video Series; What Statistics Topics are Needed for Excelling at Data Science?; The Core of Data Science
- Cartoon: Facebook data science experiments and Cats
- Aug 8, 2016.
In honor of International Cat Day, we revisit KDnuggets cartoon that looks at the Facebook data science experiment on emotion manipulation and the importance of happy kittens.
- Top July stories: Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; Why Big Data is in Trouble: They Forgot About Applied Statistics
- Aug 6, 2016.
Also - How to Start Learning Deep Learning; What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data?
- Insurers, the new kids on the blockchain: Everledger, Guardtime and CGSC discuss why
- Aug 4, 2016.
Where are insurers in adopting blockchain technology and what are the benefits? Insurance Nexus conducted exclusive interviews with Everledger, Guardtime and CGSC and created an exclusive white paper which you can freely download.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 27 – Aug 2: Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; Getting Started with Data Science in Python
- Aug 3, 2016.
Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; The 100 Best-Funded #Analytics #DataScience #Startups; Great tutorial: Getting Started with #DataScience - #Python; #MachineLearning over 1M hotel reviews: interesting insights.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in July 2016
- Aug 2, 2016.
Director for the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State, Research Fellow - Data Science at Monash U; Postdocs at UTSW; PhD positions at TU/E Netherlands, Leiden U Netherlands, Ningbo China.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Google Brain AMA, Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal, Hinton ANN Course Lives!
- Aug 2, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal; Geoff Hinton's ANN Course Lives; Google’s DeepMind Reduces Data Center Cooling Bill; Training an artificial neural network to play Diablo 2
- Top Stories, July 25-31: What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data?; 35 Open Source tools for Internet of Things
- Aug 1, 2016.
What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data?; 35 Open Source tools for Internet of Things; 7 Steps to Understanding NoSQL Databases; SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer?