2015 Feb Software
All (104) | Courses, Education (13) | Meetings (7) | News, Features (19) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (30) | Publications (6) | Software (10) | Top Tweets (12) | Webcasts (7)
- Prismatic Interest Graph [API]: Organize and Recommend Content - Feb 20, 2015.
Prismatic Interest Graph API provides a set of tools for automatically analyzing unstructured text and annotating it with a variety of tags that are useful for organizing and recommending content.
- Google BigQuery Public Datasets - Feb 20, 2015.
Google BigQuery is not only a fantastic tool to analyze data, but it also has a repository of public data, including GDELT world events database, NYC Taxi rides, GitHub archive, Reddit top posts, and more.
- Fun and Top! US States in 2 Words using twitteR - Feb 19, 2015.
Combining twitteR package with text mining techniques and visualization tools can produce interesting outputs. Find out which US state is fun and top, and which is good and crazy, according to Twitter.
- Automatic Statistician and the Profoundly Desired Automation for Data Science - Feb 17, 2015.
The Automatic Statistician project by Univ. of Cambridge and MIT is pushing ahead the frontiers of automation for the selection and evaluation of machine learning models. In general, what does automation mean to Data Science?
- Tamr Enterprise Platform for Scalable, End-to-End Data Unification - Feb 17, 2015.
The new Tamr Platform radically simplifies and speeds the availability of unified data for analytics and downstream application, with key new features: catalog, connect, and consume. Tamr also announced solutions for Pharma and Procurement.
- Tinderbox: Automating Romance with Tinder and Eigenfaces - Feb 15, 2015.
Tinderbox is a software uses machine learning and image recognition to automate Tinder, a popular app for single meetings. The author describes his experience and feedback until it started to work too well.
- Ontotext: Integrated Text Mining and Triplestores, a form of graph database - Feb 12, 2015.
Learn about 2 hot trends: RDF triplestores, a form of graph database, and the use of text mining to extract meaning from Big Data, and how Ontotext enables both. Free eval, Feb 26 webinar, and more.
- Facebook Open Sources deep-learning modules for Torch - Feb 9, 2015.
We review Facebook recently released Torch module for Deep Learning, which helps researchers train large scale convolutional neural networks for image recognition, natural language processing and other AI applications.
- How Big Data Pieces, Technology, and Animals fit together - Feb 5, 2015.
How Big Data Pieces and animals fit together: MapReduce, HDFS, Apache Spark,, Pregel, Zookeeper, Flume, Hive, Pig, and more, explained by a Quora (and past Facebook) Data Scientist.
- Comics Recommendations: “Tinder for Comics” built with Tapastic and PredictionIO - Feb 2, 2015.
Here is how we built a cool demo of recommending comics, using PredictionIO new Similar Product Template and dataset provided by Tapastic.com.