- Using Caret in R to Classify Term Deposit Subscriptions for a Bank - Feb 4, 2019.
This article uses direct marketing campaign data from a Portuguese banking institution to predict if a customer will subscribe for a term deposit. We’ll be working with R’s Caret package to achieve this.
- Webinar: Minimizing Model Risk with Automated Machine Learning, Jan 31 - Jan 17, 2018.
See how banks can use Automated Machine Learning to gain a competitive advantage, while quickly aligning their business operation to regulatory requirements.
- Trust and Analytics in the Banking Sector - May 26, 2016.
This post explores the intricate relationship between customers, trust, and analytics in the banking sector, and offer actions that banks may need to take to assess the way they assure trust across the analytics lifecycle.
- How to combat financial fraud by using big data? - Mar 25, 2016.
Financial fraud methods are becoming more sophisticated and the techniques to combat such attacks also need to evolve. Big data has brought with it novel fraud detection and prevention techniques such as behavioral analysis and real-time detection to give fraud fighting techniques a new perspective.
- How banks can beat new finance boys with data - Jan 29, 2016.
The rise of Apple/Google smartphone payments and new fintech start ups present challenges to traditional banks. Banks can fight back, but they need to understand how to better use their data to understand its customers.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.