- 5 Concepts Every Data Scientist Should Know - Oct 2, 2020.
Once a Data Scientist, there are certain skills you will apply each and every day of your career. Some of these might be common techniques you learned during your education, while others may develop fully only after you become more established in your organization. Continuing to hone these skills will provide you with valuable professional benefits.
- How Bad is Multicollinearity? - Sep 17, 2019.
For some people anything below 60% is acceptable and for certain others, even a correlation of 30% to 40% is considered too high because it one variable may just end up exaggerating the performance of the model or completely messing up parameter estimates.
- Coding Random Forests® in 100 lines of code* - Aug 7, 2019.
There are dozens of machine learning algorithms out there. It is impossible to learn all their mechanics; however, many algorithms sprout from the most established algorithms, e.g. ordinary least squares, gradient boosting, support vector machines, tree-based algorithms and neural networks.
- How do you check the quality of your regression model in Python? - Jul 2, 2019.
Linear regression is rooted strongly in the field of statistical learning and therefore the model must be checked for the ‘goodness of fit’. This article shows you the essential steps of this task in a Python ecosystem.
- Common mistakes when carrying out machine learning and data science - Dec 6, 2018.
We examine typical mistakes in Data Science process, including wrong data visualization, incorrect processing of missing values, wrong transformation of categorical variables, and more. Learn what to avoid!
- You have created your first Linear Regression Model. Have you validated the assumptions? - Nov 15, 2017.
Linear Regression is an excellent starting point for Machine Learning, but it is a common mistake to focus just on the p-values and R-Squared values while determining validity of model. Here we examine the underlying assumptions of a Linear Regression, which need to be validated before applying the model.
- Pros and Pitfalls of Observational Research - May 3, 2017.
Why the connection between beer brand and region? Climate? Tradition? Or simply distribution? Some combination of the three, plus other factors?
- A Brief Primer on Linear Regression – Part 2 - Jun 13, 2016.
This second part of an introduction to linear regression moves past the topics covered in the first to discuss linearity, normality, outliers, and other topics of interest.
Pages: 1 2