- A Complete Guide To Survival Analysis In Python, part 3 - Jul 30, 2020.
Concluding this three-part series covering a step-by-step review of statistical survival analysis, we look at a detailed example implementing the Kaplan-Meier fitter based on different groups, a Log-Rank test, and Cox Regression, all with examples and shared code.
- A Complete Guide To Survival Analysis In Python, part 2 - Jul 14, 2020.
Continuing with the second of this three-part series covering a step-by-step review of statistical survival analysis, we look at a detailed example implementing the Kaplan-Meier fitter theory as well as the Nelson-Aalen fitter theory, both with examples and shared code.
- A Complete Guide To Survival Analysis In Python, part 1 - Jul 7, 2020.
This three-part series covers a review with step-by-step explanations and code for how to perform statistical survival analysis used to investigate the time some event takes to occur, such as patient survival during the COVID-19 pandemic, the time to failure of engineering products, or even the time to closing a sale after an initial customer contact.
- Survival Analysis for Business Analytics - Nov 27, 2017.
We compare survival analysis to other predictive techniques, and provide examples of how it can produce business value, with a focus on Kaplan-Meier and Cox Regression methods which have been underutilized in business analytics.
- The Challenges of Building a Predictive Churn Model - Mar 8, 2017.
Unlike other data science problems, there is no one method for predicting which customers are likely to churn in the next month. Here we review the most popular approaches.
- Discover the power of business analytics - Nov 3, 2015.
Learn the latest business practices, concepts, methodologies and techniques in advanced analytics, data mining, survival analysis, explaining analytics to decision makers, fraud detection, and more with these courses.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 04-10: Survival analysis in R – step by step guide - Aug 11, 2015.
Survival analysis in R - step by step guide; Neural Nets, AI and Deep Learning journey to acceptance; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Apache Flink and the case for #stream processing #BigData #Analytics.
- Behind the scenes insights with data mining expert Gordon Linoff - Jul 2, 2014.
Gordon Linoff is a widely respected thought leader, practitioner and teacher in the area of data mining. Register for his 2014 classes in Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Atlanta, or Dallas.