- Big Data Day Camp: Big Data Tools & Techniques (October 25-26) - Oct 4, 2018.
Learn how to use data to make wise, actionable data driven decisions! Our first 2-day camp, Big Data Tools & Techniques, is October 25-26 at Qualcomm Institute, UCSD.
- Brain Monitoring with Kafka, OpenTSDB, and Grafana - Aug 5, 2016.
Interested in using open source software to monitor brain activity, and control your devices? Sure you are! Read this fantastic post for some insight and direction.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Online Courses: Big Data Projects and Data Science Pipelines - Jul 14, 2016.
Check out these online courses from O'Reilly Media on managing big data projects and building distributed data pipelines.
- What do Postgres, Kafka, and Bitcoin Have in Common? - Jul 13, 2016.
These three technologies on the surface couldn't look any more different, but under the hood they have one interesting thing in common.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 29 – Jul 5: Big Data Ecosystem is Too Damn Big!; Deep Learning Intro with Caffe and Python - Jul 6, 2016.
The #BigData Ecosystem is Too Damn Big!; A Practical Introduction to #DeepLearning with Caffe and #Python; What do Postgres, Kafka, and Bitcoin have in common?
- GBDC: Real-Time Big Data Developer (focus on Spark, Storm, Flink, Kafka), Santa Clara, Apr 23-24 - Mar 23, 2015.
A fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Apache Spark landscape, with technical sessions, use cases and hands-on sessions. Get KDnuggets discount.
- Top Big Data influencers of 2014, according to HadoopSphere - Mar 13, 2015.
Top big data influencers of 2014 include analysts Mike Gualtieri and Curt Monash, IBM and TDWI media, Spark and Scala products, Ben Lorica @bigdata and Gregory Piatetsky @kdnuggets on social media, Data Collective and AngelList co-founder.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 10 and beyond - Mar 9, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, The State of Hadoop Adoption, Addressing the Challenges of Data Variety, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 3 and beyond - Mar 2, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Hadoop - A Solution for Big Data, Fast Data Meets Open Source, Real-Time Data on Hadoop with Apache Kafka, and more.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – report and highlights - Feb 27, 2015.
Highlights of Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, including Apache Spark vs Storm vs Samza for streaming data, Kafka as a universal message bus, what Netflix puts in front of HDFS, Parquet as a basis for ETL and analytics, DJ Patil, Internet of Things, and more.
- Interview: Nandu Jayakumar, Yahoo on How Yahoo is Harnessing Big Data - Jan 26, 2015.
We discuss the major Big Data uses cases at Yahoo, major challenges, trends in enterprise Big Data implementations, and advantages of using Spark.