- Semantic Search: Measuring Meaning From Jaccard to Bert - Jul 2, 2021.
In this article, we’ll cover a few of the most interesting — and powerful — of these techniques — focusing specifically on semantic search. We’ll learn how they work, what they’re good at, and how we can implement them ourselves.
- A Graph-based Text Similarity Method with Named Entity Information in NLP - Jun 16, 2021.
In this article, the author summarizes the 2017 paper "A Graph-based Text Similarity Measure That Employs Named Entity Information" as per their understanding. Better understand the concepts by reading along.
- Similarity Metrics in NLP - May 10, 2021.
This post covers the use of euclidean distance, dot product, and cosine similarity as NLP similarity metrics.
- Simple Question Answering (QA) Systems That Use Text Similarity Detection in Python - Apr 7, 2020.
How exactly are smart algorithms able to engage and communicate with us like humans? The answer lies in Question Answering systems that are built on a foundation of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. Let's build one here.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 04-10: AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 11, 2019.
AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments and Key Trends; Down with technical debt! Clean #Python for #DataScientists; Calculate Similarity - the most relevant Metrics in a Nutshell.
- Building a Bot to Answer FAQs: Predicting Text Similarity - Mar 2, 2017.
In this post, learn to build a bot to answer frequently asked questions, reducing lag time for more customers and taking the load off of engineers, ensuring they can concentrate on building products!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 22-28: Quantifying Similarity in Structured Data; #Oscar #DataScience: 4-5 nominations no guarantee of winning - Feb 29, 2016.
A Statistical View of #DeepLearning; Impressive tutorial - Tree Kernels: Quantifying Similarity in Structures; Conversation with Data Scientist Sebastian Raschka - new podcast; How to become a #Bayesian in eight easy steps.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 6-13: Languages have more “happy” words, esp. Spanish; Popular similarity measures in Python - Apr 14, 2015.
Languages have more "happy" words than unhappy; 5 most popular #similarity measures implementation in Python; Brilliant! Dilbert on Resume embellishing: if engineer, fire him; if marketer ...; Top programming languages change rapidly: SQL, C#, C++ down, Python, Node.js up.
- Data Mining finds JASBUG, a Critical Security Vulnerability - Feb 17, 2015.
We explain how the critical Microsoft security vulnerability JASBUG that existed for 15 years was detected with similarity search and regular expression inference.
- Fundamental methods of Data Science: Classification, Regression And Similarity Matching - Jan 12, 2015.
Data classification, regression, and similarity matching underpin many of the fundamental algorithms in data science to solve business problems like consumer response prediction and product recommendation.
- ADW, free software to measure semantic similarity - Oct 13, 2014.
ADW is a software for measuring semantic similarity of arbitrary pairs of lexical items, from word senses to texts, based on "Align, Disambiguate, and Walk", a WordNet-based state-of-the-art semantic similarity approach. Get it on github.