2014 Oct Software
All (105) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings (11) | News, Features (25) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (24) | Publications (7) | Software (8) | Top Tweets (14) | Webcasts (10)
- TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing - Oct 24, 2014.
A short overview of Natural Language Processing tools and utilities developed by Prof. Noah Smith, CMU and his team to analyze Twitter data.
- Overcoming Text Analytics Barriers - Oct 17, 2014.
Getting the value from companies text assets can be both time consuming and expensive. Learn how to overcome these barriers with “Overcoming Text Analytics Barriers" whitepaper, and at Text Analytics Summit West in San Francisco, Nov 4-5. KDnuggets discount.
- DataLadder outperforms IBM and SAS in Record Linkage - Oct 16, 2014.
Data scientists from the Centre for Data Linkage at Curtin U. found that Connecticut-based firm Data Ladder has outperformed several major companies on record linkage.
- GraphDB, a powerful graph database, 3 versions and KDnuggets offer - Oct 14, 2014.
GraphDB blends text mining, powerful SPARQL queries, semantic annotation and semantic search into a powerful database that infers new meaning at scale. Free GraphDB Lite and special KDnuggets offer for GraphDB Standard and Enterprise.
- ADW, free software to measure semantic similarity - Oct 13, 2014.
ADW is a software for measuring semantic similarity of arbitrary pairs of lexical items, from word senses to texts, based on "Align, Disambiguate, and Walk", a WordNet-based state-of-the-art semantic similarity approach. Get it on github.
- Develve statistical software, free for non-commercial use - Oct 10, 2014.
Check out Develve 2.0, a six-sigma tool, the new version featuring new utilities for measure system analysis and the design of sophisticated experiments.
- Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets - Oct 1, 2014.
Mirador is an open-source tool for visual exploration of complex datasets, enabling users to discover correlation patterns and derive new hypotheses from the data. Download Windows and Mac OS X versions from Github.