- Homebrewed Deep Learning and Do-It-Yourself Robotics - Mar 14, 2017.
Learn how to experiment with embodied robotic cognition with IBM Project Intu, a platform that extends Deep Learning and other cognitive services to new devices with minimum coding.
- Just How Smart Are Smart Machines? - Dec 12, 2016.
The number of sophisticated cognitive technologies that might be capable of cutting into the need for human labor is expanding rapidly. But linking these offerings to an organization’s business needs requires a deep understanding of their capabilities. Here we examine 4 levels of intelligence across task types.
Pages: 1 2
- Ten Take-Aways from IBM World of Watson - Nov 14, 2016.
“Enterprise applications, Cloud, Cognitive computing and IBM Watson”, Yes, you guessed it right. This article talks about highlights of 2016 World of Watson conference organised at Las Vegas,NV.
- Cognitive and Data Sciences Education Workshop, Las Vegas, Oct 23 - Sep 27, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic and research programs to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Science, Oct 23 - Sep 12, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic programs and research to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- KDnuggets Interview: Inderpal Bhandari, IBM Global Chief Data Officer on 4 key ideas of Cognitive Computing - Jul 17, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, we discuss the role of IBM global chief data officer, 4 key ideas of cognitive computing, risks of AI, IBM Data Science Experience, healthcare, basketball, sports analytics, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- AI for Fun & Profit: Using the new Genie Cognitive Computing Platform for P2P Lending - Jul 8, 2016.
This tutorials uses the recently-released Genie (an acronym for General Evolving Networked Intelligence Engine) platform to learn from P2P (peer-to-peer) loan data. Experts and non-experts alike can leverage Genie to analyze Big Data, recognize objects, events, and patterns, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Intel’s Investments in Cognitive Tech: Impact and New Opportunities - May 31, 2016.
An overview of Intel's recent investments in cognitive technology, the impact of these investments on technology and research, and the new opportunities these investments present.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science and Cognitive Computing with HPE Haven OnDemand: The Simple Path to Reason and Insight - May 10, 2016.
HPE Haven OnDemand is a diverse collection of APIs for interacting with data designed with flexibility in mind, allowing developers to quickly perform data tasks in the cloud. See why it is a simple path to reason and insight for data science and cognitive computing.
Pages: 1 2
- Watson Developer Challenge: build conversational apps using Watson language APIs - Mar 18, 2016.
Watson Developer Challenge is an online hackathon to build conversational apps using Watson new language service APIs for NLP, document conversion, and speech and machine learning algorithms. Coders have till Apr 15 to build software that lets users interact with Watson through a natural conversational interface.
- Webinar: Building Data Products for Predictive Maintenance, Mar 9 - Mar 1, 2016.
Dr. Kirk Borne, Data Science thought leader, will address the interesting trends in the world of data science. DataRPM Co-founder Ruban Phukan will show how a cognitive data science platform like DataRPM helps companies to build data products.
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- International Institute of Analytics (IIA) 5 Predictions and 5 Priorities for 2016 - Dec 18, 2015.
IIA 2016 Predictions include: Cognitive technology becomes the follow-on to automated analytics; Analytical Microservices facilitate embedded analytics; and analytics talent crunch eases.
- Deep Learning, Language Understanding, and the Quest for Human Capacity Cognitive Computing - Nov 16, 2015.
To develop cognitive computing at human capacity understanding, deep learning research must heed what certain aspects of human symbol processing reveal about the architecture of the human mind.
- HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database with results - Aug 19, 2015.
HeroX launched the Cognitive Computing Challenge – a $200,000 USD incentive prize to build a cognitive system that can read a document, then accurately load a database with what it finds.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Summary and Highlights - Jul 23, 2015.
Here, find out how leading analysts and researchers are exploring the sentiment analysis and text mining in their areas. Also, explore the opportunities, challenges and use-cases for the sentiment analysis.
- Cognitive Computing: Solving the Big Data Problem? - Jun 12, 2015.
With a shortage of data scientists, what are the alternatives for making sense of Big Data? We examine Cognitive Computing, its strengths, and how it can fit into the current Big Data landscape.
- Hurwitz: Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics - Mar 5, 2015.
New book from Judith Hurwitz and associates on Cognitive Computing is a comprehensive guide to the subject, providing both the theoretical and practical guidance technologists need.
- When Watson Meets Machine Learning - Jul 2, 2014.
Our report on a recent Cognitive Systems meetup co-sponsored by IBM Watson and NYU Center for Data Science, IBM Watson Ecosystem, and machine learning applications, from healthcare to cognitive toys. You will want Fang!