2017 Jan News, Featureshttp likes 22
All (106) | Courses, Education (12) | Meetings (15) | News, Features (23) | Opinions, Interviews (26) | Software (3) | Tutorials, Overviews (25) | Webcasts & Webinars (2)
- Top Stories, Jan 23-29: 6 Areas of AI and Machine Learning to Watch Closely; Pandas Cheat Sheet: Data Science and Data Wrangling in Python - Jan 30, 2017.
6 Areas of AI and Machine Learning to Watch Closely; Pandas Cheat Sheet; Great Collection of Minimal and Clean Implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms; Chatbots on Steroids: 10 Key Machine Learning Capabilities to Fuel Your Chatbot; The Top Predictive Analytics Pitfalls to Avoid
- Data Scientist – best job in America, again - Jan 30, 2017.
Glassdoor again ranked Data Scientist as the no. 1 job in USA, and 5 of the top 10 US jobs are related to Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science.
- IEEE Big Data 2016 keynotes, tutorial presentations - Jan 29, 2017.
Read the keynote and tutorial presentations on important topics including Big Data and Privacy, Mining Unstructured Text Data, Database Decay and How to Avoid It, Trajectory Data Mining, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 18-24: Most Popular Language For #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Intro to Geospatial Data with #Python - Jan 25, 2017.
The Most Popular Language For #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Introduction to Geospatial Data with #Python; The #DataScience Puzzle, Revisited; Best #DataScience Books and Articles That Will Surge Your Career
- Deploying Production-grade Data Products – Special Report - Jan 24, 2017.
Dataiku launched a survey a few months back to find out how companies handled going from designing to deploying a data product. Read the report and learn four ways that companies approach production.
- Top Stories, Jan 16-22: Time Series Analysis: A Primer; Deep Learning Can be Applied to Natural Language Processing - Jan 23, 2017.
Time Series Analysis: A Primer; Deep Learning Can be Applied to Natural Language Processing; The Current State of Automated Machine Learning; Introduction to Forecasting with ARIMA in R; 90 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning
- 100,000 LinkedIn Followers - Jan 20, 2017.
I reached a milestone of 100,000 LinkedIn followers this week. Here are some of my most popular recent posts.
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- Top Stories, Jan 9-15: The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science; Analytics and Data Science Make Business Smarter - Jan 16, 2017.
The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science; Analytics and Data Science Make Business Smarter; Exclusive Interview with Jeremy Howard; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January
- Data Exploration in Preparation for Modeling - Jan 13, 2017.
The most important traits for a good data analyst or data miner are curiosity, creativity and intuition for how to answer important questions using data. Read this white paper to learn more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 04-10: Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car takes you too far; A massive collection of free programming books - Jan 11, 2017.
Also AI #DataScience #MachineLearning: Main Developments 2016, Key Trends 2017; Scikit-Learn Cheat Sheet: #Python #MachineLearning
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, 2016: Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment - Jan 11, 2017.
Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment; Huggable Image Classifier; xkcd: Linear Regression; AlphaGO WINS!; TensorFlow Fizzbuzz
- KDnuggets Top Blogs and Bloggers in December 2016 - Jan 10, 2017.
We recognize our top blogs and bloggers in December 2016, who wrote about Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets, Machine Learning & AI Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017, and more.
- AI, Data Science, Machine Learning: Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017 - Jan 10, 2017.
2017 is here. Check out an encore installation in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- Top Stories, Jan 2-8: 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January; Machine Learning and Cyber Security Resources - Jan 9, 2017.
5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January; Machine Learning and Cyber Security Resources; Generative Adversarial Networks - Hot Topic in Machine Learning; Ten Myths About Machine Learning
- The Surprising Ethics of Humans and Self-Driving Cars - Jan 9, 2017.
The surprising finding is that people are much more willing to ride in a self-driving car that might kill them to save several pedestrians than in a car that would save them but kill pedestrians. Asian respondents had significantly different preferences from US and Europe.
- What Insurers in Asia doing about their digital transformation? - Jan 8, 2017.
Digital transformation that allows insurers to become more agile and customer-facing is fuelling growth globally. But what are Insurers in Asia doing about their digital transformation? Read this exclusive white paper.
- Top December Stories: 50+ Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Machine Learning/AI: Main 2016 Developments, Key 2017 Trends - Jan 5, 2017.
Also Why Deep Learning is Radically Different From Machine Learning; Bayesian Basics, Explained
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: OpenAI Universe; Deep Learning MOOC For Coders; Musk: Tesla Gets Awesome-er - Jan 5, 2017.
OpenAI Universe; Deep Learning For Coders—18 hours of lessons for free; Elon Musk on Twitter: Tesla Autopilot vision neural net now working well; Apple to Start Publishing AI Research; Duolingo's "half-life regression" method for modeling human memory
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 21 – Jan 03: R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jan 4, 2017.
R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; The Five Capability Levels of Deep Learning - Yann Lecun view; The Future Of Machine Learning, McKinsey 2016 Analytics Study; #BigData: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017
- Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car + Machine Learning takes you too far … - Jan 4, 2017.
What can happen in the not too distant future when advanced technologies like a Self-Driving car and Machine Learning Recommendations Engine are combined ...
- Top Stories, Dec 26-Jan 1: Game Theory Reveals the Future of Deep Learning; A Funny Look at Big Data and Data Science - Jan 2, 2017.
Game Theory Reveals the Future of Deep Learning; A Funny Look at Big Data and Data Science; Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017; How I Detect Fake News, by Tim O’Reilly
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in December 2016 - Jan 2, 2017.
Academic Director Data Science Notre Dame, Postdocs in ML at Oxford, PhD in Q/A at Bonn, Faculty at Washington Jefferson College, Faculty in Machine Learning at Edinburgh, and more.