- Data vault: new weaponry in your data science toolkit, by Bas Vlaming - Mar 31, 2021.
Data Vault is a modern data modelling approach for capturing (historical) data in a structurally auditable and tractable way. While very helpful for data engineers, the Data Vault also enables Data Science in practice.
- What Took Me So Long to Land a Data Scientist Job, by Soner Yildirim - Mar 29, 2021.
Learning all you need to learn about data science is only part of the adventure. Landing that first job is another. While it might take a while to get your foot into the door, there are several key efforts you can do to shorten this time as much as possible.
- Deep Learning Is Becoming Overused, by Michael Grogan - Mar 29, 2021.
Understanding the data is the first port of call.
- The question that makes your data project more valuable, by Brittany Davis - Mar 25, 2021.
If you are the "data person" for your organization, then providing meaningful results to stakeholder data requests can sometimes feel like shots in the dark. However, you can make sure your data analysis is actionable by asking one magic question before getting started.
- Data Science Curriculum for Professionals, by Brock Taute - Mar 25, 2021.
If you are looking to expand or transition your current professional career that is buried in spreadsheet analysis into one powered by data science, then you are in for an exciting but complex journey with much to explore and master. To begin your adventure, following this complete road map to guide you from a gnome in the forest of spreadsheets to an AI wizard known far and wide throughout the kingdom.
- 15 Habits I Learned from Highly Effective Data Scientists, by Madison Hunter - Mar 24, 2021.
I’m using these habits in 2021 to become a more effective future data scientist.
- How to Succeed in Becoming a Freelance Data Scientist, by Devin Partida - Mar 23, 2021.
With recent growth in data science, now is the best time to get into freelancing. The following steps will help you get started with finding clients or help you improve your current strategy.
- AI in Dating: Can Algorithms Help You Find Love?, by Yuliya Sychikova - Mar 19, 2021.
Can AI algorithms help us find love? Can they go a step further and replace a human being as a partner in a relationship? Here, we analyze how far technology has come in helping us meet "our" people, find love, and feel less lonely.
- Introducing dbt, the ETL and ELT Disrupter, by Terence Shin - Mar 17, 2021.
Moving and processing data is happening 24/7/365 world-wide at massive scales that only get larger by the hour. Tools exist to introduce efficiencies in how data can be extracted from sources, transformed through calculations, and loaded into target data repositories. However, on their own, these tools can introduce some restrictions in the processing, especially for the needs of data analytics and data science.
- Are you satisfied in your job? Take our Data Community Job Satisfaction Survey, by Matthew Mayo - Mar 15, 2021.
The latest KDnuggets survey is looking to determine the job satisfaction levels of the data community. Take a few moments to contribute your answer and help paint a picture of the current situation.
- 4 Machine Learning Concepts I Wish I Knew When I Built My First Model, by Terence Shin - Mar 9, 2021.
Diving into building your first machine learning model will be an adventure -- one in which you will learn many important lessons the hard way. However, by following these four tips, your first and subsequent models will be put on a path toward excellence.
- Is It Too Late to Learn AI?, by Frederik Bussler - Mar 9, 2021.
Have you missed the train on learning AI?
- More Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning, by Gregory Piatetsky - Mar 8, 2021.
Useful resources to help more women enter and succeed in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- Dask and Pandas: No Such Thing as Too Much Data, by Stephanie Kirmer - Mar 4, 2021.
Do you love pandas, but don't love it when you reach the limits of your memory or compute resources? Dask provides you with the option to use the pandas API with distributed data and computing. Learn how it works, how to use it, and why it’s worth the switch when you need it most.
- 9 Skills You Need to Become a Data Engineer, by Dorian Martin - Mar 4, 2021.
A data engineer is a fast-growing profession with amazing challenges and rewards. Which skills do you need to become a data engineer? In this post, we’ll take a look at both hard and soft skills.
- The Ultimate Guide to Acing Coding Interviews for Data Scientists, by Emma Ding & Rob Wang - Mar 2, 2021.
This article covers understanding the 4 types of coding interview questions and preparing for them effectively.
- Are You Still Using Pandas to Process Big Data in 2021? Here are two better options, by Roman Orac - Mar 1, 2021.
When its time to handle a lot of data -- so much that you are in the realm of Big Data -- what tools can you use to wrangle the data, especially in a notebook environment? Pandas doesn’t handle really Big Data very well, but two other libraries do. So, which one is better and faster?