- The secret to analysing large, complex datasets quickly and productively?, by Thomas Richardson - Apr 29, 2021.
Data is beautiful, and lots of data is simply sublime, but be wary of the pitfalls. Sometimes you have so much data you can waste hours exploring without answering the important questions. These 5 tips will show you how to analyse large complex datasets productively by constraining yourself.
- How to Build an Impressive Data Science Resume, by Sharan Kumar Ravindran - Apr 28, 2021.
Every one of us needs a resume to showcase our skills and experience but how much effort are we putting into it to make it impactful. It is undeniable that resumes play a key role in our job application process. This article will explore some simple strategies to significantly improve the presentation as well as the content of data science resumes.
- Best Podcasts for Machine Learning, by Ritobrata Ghosh - Apr 28, 2021.
Podcasts, especially those featuring interviews, are great for learning about the subfields and tools of AI, as well as the rock stars and superheroes of the AI world. Here, we highlight some of the best podcasts today that are perfect for both those learning about machine learning and seasoned practitioners.
- Using Data Science to Predict and Prevent Real World Problems, by Devin Partida - Apr 28, 2021.
Do you have an interest in data science but lack an understanding of what, exactly, it can be used to accomplish in the real world? Read this article for a few examples of just how helpful data science can be for predicting and preventing real world problems.
- Why You Should Consider Being a Data Engineer Instead of a Data Scientist, by Terence Shin - Apr 27, 2021.
A new king of the jungle has emerged.
- Data science is not about data – applying Dijkstra principle to data science, by Mehmet Suzen - Apr 26, 2021.
What is Data Science really about? Is it the data, or the algorithms, or something else? Similar foundational philosophical struggles exist with other scientific fields, including computer science, and maybe we can look to these resolutions to better understand the true 'meaning' of data science.
- Top 3 Challenges for Data & Analytics Leaders, by Minoo Agarwal - Apr 26, 2021.
The author shares the 3 top challenges faced as they led and established a data & analytics function, as well as ways in which these challenges were addressed. How have you solved the one challenge which has remained elusive to the author?
- Data careers are NOT one-size fits all! Tips for uncovering your ideal role in the data space, by Lillian Pierson - Apr 23, 2021.
Thriving as a data professional is about more than just making good money! It’s about FULFILLMENT & IMPACT. In this article, I will help you discover the BEST data role for you given your unique skill sets, personality & goals.
- Build an Effective Data Analytics Team and Project Ecosystem for Success, by Randy Runtsch - Apr 19, 2021.
Apply these techniques to create a data analytics program that delivers solutions that delight end-users and meet their needs.
- Data Profession Job Satisfaction: Beware Of The Drop, by Gregory Piatetsky - Apr 16, 2021.
Latest KDnuggets Poll results: The Job satisfaction has declined for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts, but remained the same for Data Engineers, and Managers/Directors. Data Scientist job satisfaction has an alarming drop in mid-career. Finally, which regions have the highest and lowest job satisfactions?
- The Most In-Demand Skills for Data Scientists in 2021, by Terence Shin - Apr 15, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career as a Data Scientist or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current role, this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 15,000 Data Scientist job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- Models of Data Science teams: Chess vs Checkers, by Marco Santoni - Apr 14, 2021.
Should we still consider data scientists and data engineers as separate roles? When should a team grow with full-stack data developers? Introducing the Checkers-like data team.
- 7 Must-Haves in your Data Science CV, by Elad Cohen - Apr 13, 2021.
If you are looking for a new role as a Data Scientist -- either as a first job fresh out of school, a career change, or a shift to another organization -- then check off as many of these critical points as possible to stand out in the crowd and pass the hiring manager's initial CV screen.
- Why Automated Feature Selection Has Its Risks, by Michael Grogan - Apr 13, 2021.
Theoretical relevance of features must not be ignored.
- Deepfakes are now mainstream. What’s next?, by Dan Abdinoor - Apr 9, 2021.
Deepfakes have become mainstream. Here we take a closer look at recent news about deepfakes, and what it all might mean for the future.
- Why machine learning struggles with causality, by Ben Dickson - Apr 8, 2021.
If there's one thing people know how to do, and that's guess what caused something else to happen. Usually these guesses are good, especially when making a visual observation of something in the physical world. AI continues to wrestle with such inference of causality, and fundamental challenges must be overcome before we can have "intuitive" machine learning.
- How to Make Sure Your Analysis Actually Gets Used, by Taylor Count - Apr 7, 2021.
Few things are as demoralizing as seeing your data analysis tossed aside. Learn from these tips -- assembled from experience, academic research, and industry best practice -- on how to make sure your hard work receives the credit it deserves and delivers the value to your organization that you expect.
- KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program, by Gregory Piatetsky - Apr 6, 2021.
To encourage more high-quality and especially original contributions to KDnuggets, we announce KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward program, where we will pay the authors of top blogs published each month, starting with blogs published in May 2021.
- One Million KDnuggets Visitors in March. Wow., by Gregory Piatetsky - Apr 3, 2021.
KDnuggets has reached an amazing milestone of one million unique visitors in March 2021. We review how we got here.
- What did COVID do to all our models?, by Heather Fyson - Apr 2, 2021.
An interview with Dean Abbott and John Elder about change management, complexity, interpretability, and the risk of AI taking over humanity.
- The 8 Most Common Data Scientists, by JABDE - Apr 1, 2021.
Admit it all you wanna-be, newbie, and old-old-school Data Scientists on the planet, whether you like it or not, you've probably behaved like one of these types. Or two. Or all eight.