- 7 Must-Haves in your Data Science CV, by Elad Cohen - Apr 13, 2021.
If you are looking for a new role as a Data Scientist -- either as a first job fresh out of school, a career change, or a shift to another organization -- then check off as many of these critical points as possible to stand out in the crowd and pass the hiring manager's initial CV screen.
- Why Automated Feature Selection Has Its Risks, by Michael Grogan - Apr 13, 2021.
Theoretical relevance of features must not be ignored.
- Deepfakes are now mainstream. What’s next?, by Dan Abdinoor - Apr 9, 2021.
Deepfakes have become mainstream. Here we take a closer look at recent news about deepfakes, and what it all might mean for the future.
- Why machine learning struggles with causality, by Ben Dickson - Apr 8, 2021.
If there's one thing people know how to do, and that's guess what caused something else to happen. Usually these guesses are good, especially when making a visual observation of something in the physical world. AI continues to wrestle with such inference of causality, and fundamental challenges must be overcome before we can have "intuitive" machine learning.
- How to Make Sure Your Analysis Actually Gets Used, by Taylor Count - Apr 7, 2021.
Few things are as demoralizing as seeing your data analysis tossed aside. Learn from these tips -- assembled from experience, academic research, and industry best practice -- on how to make sure your hard work receives the credit it deserves and delivers the value to your organization that you expect.
- KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program, by Gregory Piatetsky - Apr 6, 2021.
To encourage more high-quality and especially original contributions to KDnuggets, we announce KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward program, where we will pay the authors of top blogs published each month, starting with blogs submitted April 7 or later.
- One Million KDnuggets Visitors in March. Wow., by Gregory Piatetsky - Apr 3, 2021.
KDnuggets has reached an amazing milestone of one million unique visitors in March 2021. We review how we got here.
- What did COVID do to all our models?, by Heather Fyson - Apr 2, 2021.
An interview with Dean Abbott and John Elder about change management, complexity, interpretability, and the risk of AI taking over humanity.
- The 8 Most Common Data Scientists, by JABDE - Apr 1, 2021.
Admit it all you wanna-be, newbie, and old-old-school Data Scientists on the planet, whether you like it or not, you've probably behaved like one of these types. Or two. Or all eight.