- Upcoming December Webcasts and Chats on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Nov 25, 2013.
Webcast highlights include Predictive Talent Analytics, Is Data Science Your Next Career, What Lies Ahead for Big Data and Analytics, IIA 2014 Analytics Predictions, and Int. Year of Statistics Panel.
- IBM Webcast, Dec 6: What Lies Ahead for Big Data and Analytics - Nov 25, 2013.
More people than ever are interested in how big data and analytics can give them an edge. Join the panelists, Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Editor of KDNuggets, and Michael Karasick, VP of research in IBM acclaimed Almaden Research as they delve into these topics and give us a look at what they think will be the hottest topics and developments of 2014.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World 2014, San Francisco, super early bird - Nov 25, 2013.
Don't miss the predictive analytics industry BEST event. Before you fill up on your Thanksgiving feast, fill up your pockets with savings - get Super Early Bird pricing for Predictive Analytics World by Dec 6.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium 2014 features top companies - Nov 23, 2013.
Amazon, Huffington Post, American Express, MIT Media Lab, IBM, Gnip Speakers to Headline 2014 Sentiment Analysis Symposium in New York, March 5-6 in New York at the New York Academy of Sciences.
- KDD-2014, Top Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, New York - Nov 23, 2013.
KDD, the leading research conference in the field, will feature top research and application papers, industry practice, KDD Cup, workshops, tutorials, keynotes from field leaders, exhibits, and much more. Abstracts due Feb 13.
- Top Research Conferences in Data Mining, Data Science - Nov 21, 2013.
We examine the top Data Mining and Data Science conferences. The top 5 by field rating are KDD, ICDE, IEEE ICDM, CIKM, and SIAM SDM.
- IBM and SAP Big Data Science chats on Dec 4 - Nov 21, 2013.
By an interesting coincidence, IBM and SAP have back-to-back online chats on Data Science and Big Data on Dec 4, to examine the changing role of the data scientist and Data Science careers.
- Harvard CS109 Data Science Course, Resources Free and Online - Nov 20, 2013.
Harvard Fall 2013 CS109 Data Science is an excellent course, and most of its resources, including video archive and lecture slides, are freely available online - what a fantastic way to get ivy-league quality education (although without a diploma).
- Quebit: Better Decisions with Predictive Modeling: Nov 20 Webinar - Nov 19, 2013.
Learn advanced data mining techniques with QueBIT SPSS Modeler Seminar Series, starting with a free webinar on Nov 20.
- Upcoming Nov-Dec Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Nov 12, 2013.
Webcast highlights include Analytically Speaking with John Pullinger, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Fighting Fraud with Analytics, SPSS Modeler training, and Predicting Life Changes from Financial Activity.
- Data Marketing 2013, Toronto, Dec 9-10, Free VIP pass - Nov 12, 2013.
KDnuggets has 2 free VIP passes to DATA MARKETING 2013 (Toronto, Dec 9-10), which presents the latest in technology and data for marketers. Contact KDnuggets by Nov 15 if interested.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World, San Francisco, March 2014, Agenda released - Nov 12, 2013.
San Francisco will host the top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors, and business thought leaders at Predictive Analytics World. The detailed agenda has just been released and this event is not to be missed.
- NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics - Nov 11, 2013.
NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics is for experienced professionals, and teaches in 5 intensive 1-2 week sessions how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset.
- Learn Data Science in 12 Intense Weeks at Zipfian Academy - Nov 9, 2013.
Zipfian Academy is a school teaching data science through an immersive 12-week program in San Francisco. Learn with hands-on projects and data scientist mentors, and connect with top Bay area companies. Applications accepted now for Winter cohort (Jan 26 - Apr 11, 2014).
- IEEE ICDM 2013 International Conference on Data Mining, Dallas, Dec 7-10 - Nov 9, 2013.
IEEE ICDM ia a leading research conference in data mining, with excellent invited talks, technical papers, workshops and tutorials. Travel awards available for graduate students.
- Webinar: Predictive Analytics - Customer Churn Modeling, Dec 3 - Nov 9, 2013.
This webinar will show how to build a churn model, which allows you to identify customers with high churn risk, and act to proactively to keep them.
- Webcast: Analytically Speaking International Year of Statistics Panel, Dec 11 - Nov 5, 2013.
The leading experts on statistics and data science will tell their stories about the value of statistics to science, industry, health, business and beyond. Register for this insightful Dec 11 webcast.
- Stanford Big Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online - Nov 5, 2013.
"Big data" needs YOU! Stanford University certificates in data mining and statistics give you the knowledge, and credential, to prove you are the best for the job. Enroll for winter quarter courses thru Dec 9.
- Big Data Or Bad Data, an initiative by the Senseable City Lab at the MIT, Nov 15 - Nov 4, 2013.
BIG DATA OR BAD DATA, an initiative by the Senseable City Lab at the MIT, will kick off with a panel between Noam Chomsky, Barton Gellman, Pulitzer-prize winning journalist and publisher of Edward Snowden leaks in the Washington Post, and possibly a special speaker connected via remote link.
- Nov-Jan Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Nov 4, 2013.
26 upcoming meetings in Nov 2013 - Jan 2014, including Boston Data Festival, Engaging Data 2013 at MIT, global Big Data Festival, Text Analytics Summit West, Big Data and Analytics Innovation Summits in Beijing, ICDM 13, and EGC 2014.
- Salford Systems Data Mining Training, online or on-site, Dec 11-13 - Nov 3, 2013.
Salford Systems will be offering an online option for their annual data mining training course, covering exactly the same material as for those attending in-person. Dec 11-13, 2013.
- Videos from 2013 Strata Big Data Conference + Hadoop World - Nov 2, 2013.
Strata Conference + Hadoop World brings together the people, tools, and technologies that make data work. Watch the videos from 2013 conference, including Ken Rudin (Facebook) on Big Impact from Big Data", Claudia Perlich on separating ad bots from humans, and Doug Cutting, co-founder of Hadoop, on Hadoop future.
- Online MS in Data Analytics CUNY SPS - Nov 1, 2013.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) offers a fully online, low-cost MS in Data Analytics program that prepares graduates to manage, identify patterns and draw insights from large amounts of data.