- MIT Researcher New Meta-Analysis Method To Help Settle Unresolved Debates - Apr 27, 2017.
MIT Sloan professor builds new meta-analysis method to help settle unresolved debates. New method more accurately estimates basal metabolic rates and other effects only using prior studies.
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- Predicting Future Human Behavior with Deep Learning - Sep 30, 2016.
Carl Vondrick, MIT researcher, who studies computer vision and machine learning, discusses how to use Big Data with minimal annotations and applications to predictive vision and scene understanding.
- The Data Science Machine, or ‘How To Engineer Feature Engineering’ - Oct 22, 2015.
MIT researchers have developed what they refer to as the Data Science Machine, which combines feature engineering and an end-to-end data science pipeline into a system that beats nearly 70% of humans in competitions. Is this game-changing?
- Not So Fast: Questioning Deep Learning IQ Results - Jun 15, 2015.
Did deep learning just leap towards human intelligence? Not so fast.
- Database Pioneer Michael Stonebraker Wins ACM Turing Award, Computing “Nobel Prize” - Mar 25, 2015.
Michael Stonebraker, a database pioneer and a serial entrepreneur, won the 2014 ACM Turing Award (which carries $1 million prize) for fundamental contributions to the concepts and practices in modern database systems.
- Automatic Statistician and the Profoundly Desired Automation for Data Science - Feb 17, 2015.
The Automatic Statistician project by Univ. of Cambridge and MIT is pushing ahead the frontiers of automation for the selection and evaluation of machine learning models. In general, what does automation mean to Data Science?
- SUTD: Postdoctoral Fellowship at MIT and SUTD - Feb 12, 2015.
The SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Program offers unique research opportunities to highly talented individuals to engage in new or ongoing research programs at MIT and SUTD.
- Big Data Innovators Under 35 - Feb 11, 2015.
Young innovators in deep learning, interface design, and data science automation are all included in MIT Technology Review's Innovators Under 35 list.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- MIT CDOIQ Symposium: Where is the Big Data Boundary of Effectiveness? - Jul 25, 2014.
My report on Day 1 of MIT CDOIQ symposium, why MIT seniors may be less smart than freshmen, 6 types of digitization of capital, the main role of Chief Data Officer, 7-Eleven Japan, and the Big Data Boundary of Effectiveness.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 5-6: xkcd looks at Love and Statistics; Analytics job applicants – avoid these mistakes - May 7, 2014.
xkcd looks at Love and Statistics: Why it is important to label your axes; Analytics job applicants - avoid these common mistakes; Stanford Online Courses: Education + Advanced Skills = Awesome Career; Landmark for AI: computer system solves Algebra word problems.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 2-4: Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources - May 5, 2014.
Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources; 7 Free or low-cost ways to Learn Data Mining & Data Science ; Datasight.io - machine learning for the masses - now in beta; Every MIT undergrad will get $100 of Bitcoin.
- KDnuggets 14:n08, Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? FiveThirtyEight stumbles - Apr 3, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including candid advice on Data Scientist career, FiveThirtyEight stumbles on climate change, Boston Panel on Next Big Thing in Big Data, and White House/MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop report.
- White House-MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop – Top Researcher Reports - Mar 27, 2014.
Leading database researcher Michael Brodie gives a summary of an important White House-MIT Big Data Privacy workshop and discusses privacy, government, technical solutions, Edward Snowden, SXSW, and technical challenges associated with big data and privacy.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 3-4: Accenture/MIT data science challenge; Spark graduates, 100x faster than Hadoop - Mar 5, 2014.
Accenture and MIT data science challenge - analyze City of Chicago; Spark graduates from Apache Incubator, 100x faster than Hadoop over in-memory data; Stanford Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online; Data Mining Cup 2014 - Student Competition starts.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.