All (101) | Courses, Education (4) | Meetings (10) | News, Features (16) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (40) | Publications (7) | Software (6) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (7) | Webcasts (7)
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on the Hidden Value in Global Data Sets - Jul 31, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in analyzing global economic datasets, impact of Big Data growth on economics, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
- NYC Data Science Academy courses & bootcamps in Data Engineering, Data Science, R, Python, and Machine Learning - Jul 31, 2015.
Upcoming training from NYC Data Science Academy: 6-Week Intensive Data Engineering Bootcamp, 12-Week Data Science Bootcamp, courses in R, Python, Data Science and Machine Learning, and more.
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on Economic Intelligence from Integrating Public Datasets - Jul 30, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Prevedere Software, understanding the impact of external factors on a company’s performance, features of in-memory correlation engine and economic intelligence by Prevedere.
- Big Data Best-Practice Checklist for Small and Medium Enterprises - Jul 30, 2015.
As more and more companies getting into the competition, it is important for the SMEs to get Big Data right from the start. Learn, how you can make most of the big data analytics.
- Book: Mining Human Mobility in Location-Based Social Networks - Jul 30, 2015.
This book takes a data mining perspective to offer an overview of studying human mobility in location-based social networks (LBSN) and illuminate a wide range of related computational tasks. It also highlights what are the unique characteristics and research opportunities of LBSN data.
- CRN 10 Coolest Big Data Startups - Jul 30, 2015.
CRN identifies Top 10 startups which offer the coolest technology in big data. The list includes companies which focus on business intelligence, business & visual Analytics, Hadoop technology and cloud-based systems.
- Big Data TechCon, Nov 2-4, Chicago, the HOW-TO Big Data Event - Jul 29, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon in Chicago, to learn HOW-TO manage and analyze Big Data from your Web logs, social media interactions, transactions, sensors, etc. Use BIGDATA for special discount.
- Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape - Jul 29, 2015.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next technological revolution, expected to generate over $300 B by year 2020, according to Gartner. The IoT will also generate unprecedented amounts of data and its impact will be felt across the entire big data universe.
- TheWalnut.io: An Easy Way to Create Algorithm Visualizations - Jul 29, 2015.
Google's DeepDream project has gone viral which allows to visualize the deep learning neural networks. It highlights a need for a generalized algorithm visualization tool, in this post we introduce to you one such effort.
- Webinar On-Demand: Your First Hire in Predictive Analytics (Hint: it is not a Data Scientist) - Jul 28, 2015.
In a thriving analytic practice, the role of a data scientist is not defined by a person, but by a team. Within that team, several roles may be filled by one person-and several people may fulfill a given role.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 21-27: Beginner Guide to Time Series Analysis; Free Deep Learning online course - Jul 28, 2015.
Beginner #Guide to #TimeSeries #Analysis; Nvidia free #online course: Intro to #DeepLearning ; To Code or Not to Code with @KNIME; Guide To Linear #Regression
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jul 28, 2015.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts, and build analytic expertise.
- Interview: Brian Kursar, Toyota on Big Data & Advanced Analytics – Cornerstones of Innovation - Jul 28, 2015.
We discuss the Big Data architecture at Toyota, executives’ perception of Analytics, Toyota Innovation Fair, advice, trends, and more.
- Data Science Degrees – Analyzed and Visualized - Jul 28, 2015.
We use Silk to create an interactive data site of data science degree programs with visualizations on line. The USA has 181 programs, more than the rest of the world combined. Western Europe follows.
- Big Data for Sustainability - Jul 28, 2015.
With big data about energy usage at the device level, enterprises are reducing consumption, optimizing processes for efficiency, and creating sustainability initiatives that advance them in economic, social, and environmental realms.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jul 28 and beyond - Jul 27, 2015.
Integrating Customer Data at Scale, Drilling Insights Out of Big and Fast Data, Influencer Marketing, Apache Spark, and more.
- Interview: Brian Kursar, Toyota on What You Need to be Truly Data-Driven - Jul 27, 2015.
We discuss Toyota’s Customer 360 Advanced Analytics and Insights platform, Product Quality Analytics system, Predictive Analytics use cases & performance assessment, and challenges in analyzing data from social media.
- CIKM Machine Learning Competition 2015 - Jul 27, 2015.
CIKM 2015 competition is focused on Australian Football league (AFL), and predicting outcomes of future AFL matches using machine learning techniques based on historical data on teams, players and their performances.
- Story-Boarding in a D3.js dashboard using Intro.js - Jul 27, 2015.
Building the analytics dashboard using D3.js is a well-known practice now-a-days. Find out, how to enhance understanding of different components and what they actually contain.
- Top stories for Jul 19-25: Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Coursera/Stanford MMDS free online course - Jul 26, 2015.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Stop Hiring Data Scientists Until Ready; Top June stories; Coursera/Stanford "Mining Massive Datasets" free online course.
- Data for Humanity: A Request for Support - Jul 25, 2015.
The goal of this initiative is to bring people and institutions together who share the motivation to use Data for Common Good / human well-being. Join many other notable signatories.
- Interview: Thanigai Vellore, Art.com on Why Big Data vs RDBMS is the Wrong Question - Jul 24, 2015.
We discuss success factors with polyglot architectures, Big Data challenges, recommendations for using Big Data technologies, trends, advice, and more.
- From Big Data to Big Profits: A Lesson from Google’s Nest - Jul 24, 2015.
Google Nest is a very interesting example of how such a seemingly simple item as thermostat, with the addition to Big Data can transform an industry and lead to significant profits.
- You’re invited to join Dean Abbott & other industry thought leaders - Jul 23, 2015.
Dean Abbott is a "rock star" hands-on practitioner - attend his keynote, hands-on methods workshop, and hands-on ensembles workshop at PAW Business, Boston, Sep 27 - Oct 1. Use KDN150 for KDnuggets discount.
- Interview: Thanigai Vellore, Art.com on Delivering Contextually Relevant Search Experience - Jul 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at Art.com, the polyglot data architecture at Art.com, the use cases for Hadoop, vendor selection, supporting semantic search and experience with Avro.
- HP Big Data Helps Ford to Better Manage Fleets and Personalize Employee Drives - Jul 23, 2015.
HP-Ford partnership is leveraging Big Data for the next level of Telematics insights based intelligence.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Summary and Highlights - Jul 23, 2015.
Here, find out how leading analysts and researchers are exploring the sentiment analysis and text mining in their areas. Also, explore the opportunities, challenges and use-cases for the sentiment analysis.
- Coursera/Stanford “Mining Massive Datasets”, free online course - Jul 22, 2015.
Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Next session of this great course starts Sep 12 on Coursera and is free.
- Disruptive Innovation and Competitive Intelligence - Jul 22, 2015.
Disruptive innovation paradigm enables us to understand the rising competition in businesses. Here, we will show how this can be helpful to Competitive Intelligence and challenges ahead of it.
- The Perpetual Quest for Digital Trust - Jul 22, 2015.
Digital Trust is at a deficit – concludes the 2015 Accenture Digital Consumer Survey report “Digital Trust in the IoT Era”
- ACM SIGKDD 2015 Service Award to Jian Pei - Jul 22, 2015.
Prof. Jian Pei wins ACM SIGKDD 2015 Service Award for his significant technical contributions to the principles, practice and application of data mining and for his outstanding services to society and the data mining community.
- Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize”: ACM SIGKDD 2015 Innovation Award to Hans-Peter Kriegel - Jul 22, 2015.
Prof. Hans-Peter Kriegel wins ACM KDD Innovation Award for his influential research and scientific contributions to data mining in clustering, outlier detection and high-dimensional data analysis, including density-based approaches.
- To Code or Not to Code with KNIME - Jul 22, 2015.
Find out how KNIME allows us to integrating analytical languages, such as R and Python and visual design of SQL code. Also, learn to integrate your Hadoop, visualization and ETL systems with the KNIME.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-20: The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists - Jul 21, 2015.
The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists; 50+ #DataScience and #MachineLearning #CheatSheets; ;R remains primary #Analytics language, but #Python grows faster.
- arXiv.org and the 24 Hour Research Cycle - Jul 21, 2015.
ArXiv.org gives researchers the ability to instantly publish research, free of peer review and the publication cycle. This capability offers both advantages and pitfalls. We should warily eye the 24-7 news cycle as a cautionary tale for how this could go wrong.
- New Book: Mining Latent Entity Structures - Jul 21, 2015.
This collection investigate the principles and methodologies of mining latent entity structures from massive unstructured and interconnected data. We propose a text-rich information network model for modeling data in many different domains.
- Young Data Scientist Book: Inspiration for the future - Jul 21, 2015.
Focussing on ages 14 to 17, this book uses the space exploration for Data Science. Ultimate initiative of this book is to create an open curriculum to teach Data Science in schools.
- Analyzing and Visualizing Flows in Rivers and Lakes with MATLAB - Jul 20, 2015.
ADCPs and VMT have increased the pace of studies that rely on flow data. Find out how these toolkits from MathWorks are revolutionizing the analysis and visualisation processes.
- Jun 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jul 20, 2015.
Jun 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Spotify, Unicorn Power Law, Twitter + Whetlab, Belong, ZestFinance.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jul 21 and beyond - Jul 20, 2015.
Tips/Tricks for Customer Segmentation, Data Lake - Five Tips to Navigate, Listening vs Hearing, VEDO Intent, Integrating Customer Data at Scale, and more.
- Book: Healthcare Data Analytics - Jul 20, 2015.
Written by prominent researchers and experts working in the healthcare domain, this book provides a clear understanding of the analytical techniques currently available to solve healthcare problems.
- Top stories for Jul 12-18: 50+ Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning Adversarial Examples – Misconceptions - Jul 19, 2015.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Can deep learning help find the perfect date? Deep Learning Adversarial Examples - Clarifying Misconceptions; R, Python users show surprising stability, strong regional differences.
- Top June stories: Top 20 Python Machine Learning Projects; Which Big Data, Data Mining Tools go together? - Jul 18, 2015.
Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together?; Popular Deep Learning Tools - a review; Why Does Deep Learning Work?
- CHEMDNER competition: Chemical and drug name recognition task in patents - Jul 18, 2015.
Want to test your data science skills? Get ready for the next text mining and information retrieval challenge by CHEMDNER.
- Interview: Ali Vanderveld, Groupon on How Data Science is Changing the Global E-commerce Marketplace - Jul 17, 2015.
We discuss the tools used for data science, competitive landscape, journey from astrophysics to data science, advice, skills sought in data scientists, and more.
- Stop Hiring Data Scientists Until You’re Ready for Data Science - Jul 17, 2015.
Getting an unicorn and restraining it into the chains won't be helpful for you or the unicorn. Find out how you can tap into the potential of these new age unicorns.
- Drag and Drop Visuals in your Interactive Dashboard – Gridster & D3.js - Jul 17, 2015.
One aspect of BI self-service modules is the flexibility for the user to define his own story line and the order in which the user wants to see the visuals. Find out how you can build the rearrangeable dashboards.
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call For Research and Service Award Nominations - Jul 17, 2015.
The IEEE ICDM awards recognize influential research contributions to the field of data mining, and major service contributions that have promoted data mining as a field and ICDM as the world premier research conference. Nominations due Aug 15.
- OpenImpact – solve social problems with your data skills - Jul 16, 2015.
Help solve social problems with your data skills - DataLook #openimpact campaign has curated a list of 10 impressive reusable data-driven projects that can help to solve problems in your city.
- Interview: Ali Vanderveld, Groupon on Vital Ingredients of Analytics-powered Sales Force - Jul 16, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at Groupon, deciding factors for merchant priority, limitations of historical data, optimizing the efforts of sales force, data characteristics and dealing with Data Sparsity.
- Big Data – yes, that’s what a latest Sensational Rap Music Video is all about - Jul 16, 2015.
Music video featuring Big Data and Hadoop (and Map-Reduce and NoSQL) might be all you need to light up your day!
- Statistics Denial Myth: Repackaging Statistics With Straddling Terms - Jul 16, 2015.
Data science is nothing but the old wine in new bottle versions of the statistics with different fields. Here, we are busting the myth which states data scientist is new and different than traditional statisticians.
- Wharton Online: Strategic Value of Customer Relationships, Sep 28 – Nov 22 - Jul 16, 2015.
This 8-week online program (Sep 28 - Nov 22) by Wharton prof. Peter Fader, teaches how to decipher the streams of customer data flowing into your company. Enroll now.
- CYPHER 2015, Analytics India Summit – 12 Sep, Bangalore, India - Jul 16, 2015.
Cypher 2015, organized by Analytics India Magazine, brings you India most exciting Analytics event of the year - connect with talented professionals, senior leaders and innovative analytics organizations.
- IAPA Challenge the Chief Analytics Event, Sydney, Aug 4 - Jul 15, 2015.
Senior analytics professionals to be challenged by young guns in inaugural 'Challenge the Chief' event at IAPA national conference, Aug 4, Sydney, Australia.
- Deep Learning Adversarial Examples – Clarifying Misconceptions - Jul 15, 2015.
Google scientist clarifies misconceptions and myths around Deep Learning Adversarial Examples, including: they do not occur in practice, Deep Learning is more vulnerable to them, they can be easily solved, and human brains make similar mistakes.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Customer-focus Mindset for Analytics - Jul 15, 2015.
We discuss career advice, need for customer-focus, Analytics trends, desired skills in Data Science practitioners, and more.
- Predictive Policing – Free Book - Jul 15, 2015.
This free book is an easy to digest introduction to the world of predictive analytics and Big Data. The book is written from a policing perspective and shows interesting views in how the power of the police force can be increased by focusing on predictive policing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-13: Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 14, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse cant?; Emacs for Data Science; Dataiku DataScience Studio - intuitive solution.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jul 14 and beyond - Jul 14, 2015.
Tips/Tricks for Customer Segmentation, Data Lake - Five Tips to Navigate, Future-Proof Streaming Analytics, The CAO v. The CDO, and more.
- R, Python users show surprising stability, but strong regional differences - Jul 14, 2015.
R remains the dominant language, with Python slowly catching up, and other languages shrinking. We also found surprising stability, with about 90% of R and Python users staying with that language, and strong regional differences.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Actionable Insights – Easier Said Than Done - Jul 14, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Visa, adapting to the Big Data world, gaps between expectations and delivery from Analytics, delivering Actionable Insights, and tools/technologies used.
- 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets - Jul 14, 2015.
Gear up to speed and have Data Science & Data Mining concepts and commands handy with these cheatsheets covering R, Python, Django, MySQL, SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark and Machine learning algorithms.
- Lavastorm Webinar, July 22: Data Lake – Five Tips to Navigate the Dangerous Waters - Jul 14, 2015.
Data lakes can boost analytic speed by making the right data much more accessible, even for less technical users. Learn valuable tips to help you optimize data for agility and speed to insight, improve accessibility, and avoid data silos.
- How to properly present a Data Mining project? - Jul 14, 2015.
Building models and getting insights are job half done for the data scientist, presenting them to the audience is an art itself. See, how to approach the presentation after wrapping up the data science project.
- Continually Updated Data Science IPython Notebooks - Jul 13, 2015.
Continually updated Data Science IPython Notebooks: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, AWS, Kaggle, scikit-learn, matplotlib, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and various command lines.
- 3 Ways to Master Uplift Modeling - Jul 13, 2015.
The hot topic of Uplift modeling (aka persuasion modeling) is covered in 2 sessions at PAW Business Boston, Sep 27 - Oct 1, and in a article by PAW Founder Eric Siegel.
- Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl? – Part 2 - Jul 13, 2015.
Using Deep Learning to find the perfect match, PhD student Harm de Vries describes the process of data collection and analysis. Finally, the results from matching algorithm are compared to human assessment for identifying an individual's dating preferences.
- Hotlist of Training resources for Predictive Analytics - Jul 13, 2015.
A hotlist of training resources for Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, R, Python, SAS, and Excel, including MOOCs, blogs, meetups, courses, videos, and more.
- Global Data Competition focused on Climate Change - Jul 12, 2015.
This inaugural global data competition is focused on Climate Change and split into 22 regions around the world.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 06: Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books - Jul 12, 2015.
How Screenshot Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books; How to avoid #Overfitting using #Regularization; #DataScience must read: quick puzzle tests your problem solving.
- Top stories for Jul 5-11: Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; Data Science != Big Data - Jul 12, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; Data Science and Big Data: Two very Different Beasts; Top 20 R packages by popularity; 10 Key Tips for Entry-Level Analytics Professionals.
- Can deep learning help find the perfect date? - Jul 10, 2015.
When a Machine Learning PhD student at University of Montreal starts using Tinder, he soon realises that something is missing in the dating app - the ability to predict to which girls he is attracted. Harm de Vries applies Deep Learning to assist in the pursuit of the perfect match.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on Security Checklist for Data Architectures - Jul 10, 2015.
We discuss securing data-at-rest and data-in-motion, security recommendations for data architectures, trends, advice, and more.
- Emacs for Data Science - Jul 10, 2015.
Data science nowadays demands a polyglot developer and, choosing a correct code editor would definitely be a worthy investment. Here we provide, important features of Emacs and its advantages over other editors.
- ParseHub gives Data Scientists a better, faster way to collect data - Jul 10, 2015.
ParseHub enables data professionals to easily collect, structure, combine and manipulate data, and speed up the Data Science process.
- Webinar: Tips & Tricks for Customer Segmentation, July 21 - Jul 10, 2015.
We show customer segmentation of a German banking database, using different attributes to identify segments likely to be good credit risks. We will use CART and other algorithms like gradient boosting.
- Consumer and Market Research Info Kit - Jul 10, 2015.
JMP free info kit helps you determine the best ways to meet and shape customer needs and includes a webcast interview on voice of the customer, a chapter from Numbersense book, a demo on planning with predictive modeling, and more.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on How to Secure Data-in-Motion - Jul 9, 2015.
We discuss the security concerns in Big Data, challenges in securing Big Data locally and over cloud, and open source solutions – Knox and Ranger.
- 7 must attend Big Data Conferences – best price ends soon - Jul 9, 2015.
Multiple Global Big Data developer events, bootcamps, and conference will be held soon in San Francisco area, Boston, Seattle, Raleigh, Tampa and Austin.
- Lund University Develops an Artificial Neural Network for Matching Heart Transplant Donors with Recipients - Jul 9, 2015.
Finding the correct donor for the transplant has been challenging and intensively researched usecase in data science. Here, you can find how MathWorks was used to resolve this problem.
- Data Science Made in Switzerland - Jul 9, 2015.
Recently there was a data science conference at ZHAW Datalabs, which was attended by people with a wide range of skills, expertise, and levels. Check out the highlights of the events and future plans of the conference.
- Text Analytics Demands Insight, Intelligence and Integration – Free White Paper - Jul 9, 2015.
The Incite Group recent white paper takes an in-depth look at the current state of text analytics and unstructured data to give you the tips and tools you need.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio – intuitive solution for data professionals - Jul 8, 2015.
Data Science Studio (DSS) from Dataiku is an intuitive software solution that let data professionals harness the power of big data. The latest version DSS 2.0 brings predictive analytics to a whole new level in terms of collaboration and usability.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on Data-Centric Security for Big Data - Jul 8, 2015.
We discuss HP Security Voltage growth story, HP acquisition, assessing the state of current security standards, and the need for “data-centric” security.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, Boston, Sep 9-10 - Jul 8, 2015.
The Big Data Innovation Summit returns to Boston, Sep 9-10, with excellent speakers. Check agenda and get KDnuggets discount with code KD200.
- Standardizing the World of Machine Learning Web Service APIs - Jul 8, 2015.
We introduce Protocols and Structures for Inference (PSI) API specification which enables delivering flexible Machine Learning by specifying how datasets, learning algorithms and predictors can be presented as web resources.
- Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 7, 2015.
Theoretical guarantees are clearly desirable. And yet many of today's best-performing supervised learning algorithms offer none. What explains the gap between theoretical soundness and empirical success?
- Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1 - Jul 7, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World in New York sold out last year with more than 5,500 attendees. See what is new for 2015 and get 20% off with code KDNG by July 10.
- Top stories for Jun 28 – Jul 4: Top 20 R packages by popularity; Nine Laws of Data Mining - Jul 6, 2015.
Top 20 R packages by popularity; Top 20 R Machine Learning and Data Science packages; Nine Laws of Data Mining; The missing D in Data Science.
- The Definitive Guide to doing Data Science for Social Good - Jul 6, 2015.
Are you a data scientist, and looking for the opportunity to use your skill for social good? Here, you can find some of the options available for using the data science skills for well-being of society.
- Data Science and Big Data: Two very Different Beasts - Jul 6, 2015.
Creating artifact from the ore requires the tools, craftmanship and science. Same is the case of big data and data science, here we present the distinguishing factors between the ore and the artifact.
- 10 Key Tips for Entry-Level Analytics Professionals - Jul 4, 2015.
With so many companies hunting down the data scientist. There are few things which aspirants can do to increase their chances of being getting selected into the best ones.
- Cartoon: Where humans are still ahead of Deep Learning - Jul 3, 2015.
Deep Learning computer recently beats humans in an IQ test, and computers have beaten human champions in Chess and Jeopardy. However, KDnuggets cartoon finds an area where humans still have an advantage.
- Doubt and Verify: Data Science Power Tools - Jul 3, 2015.
In the end, there is no truth, no ultimate ground truth, no lie-free utterances, as everything is contextual based on incomplete facts and knowledge. All world models are flawed, but Data Science has 2 power tools.
- Microsoft Research Faculty Summit #FacSumm, keynotes streamed live July 8-9 - Jul 2, 2015.
Microsoft Research Faculty Summit will be streamed live from Redmond, WA, July 8-9. 2015 event focuses on AI and will feature three keynote speakers and a panel.
- 70+ upcoming July – December Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Jul 2, 2015.
Coming soon: Sentiment Analysis (NYC), TDWI The Analytics Experience (Boston), KDD-2015 (Sydney), Scala by the Bay, Global Big Data Conference (Santa Clara), Big Data Innovation Summit, and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Secret Sauce of Open Source - Jul 2, 2015.
We discuss the critical success factor for open source projects, entrepreneurial lessons, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- DataLead – Leading the Way in Big Data, Paris, Nov 5-6 - Jul 1, 2015.
Jointly organized by Berkeley MFE Program and ENSAE ParisTech (U. Paris Saclay) this conference will examine how big data is being applied to real world business issues with a particular focus on finance, insurance, and marketing.
- The missing D in Data Science - Jul 1, 2015.
Data science is often talked in terms of tools, insights and emerging use cases, but one of its important pillars domain expertise is left out. Find out why you should be concerned about it.