All (97) | Courses, Education (10) | Meetings (13) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (27) | Publications (5) | Software (3) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (7) | Webcasts (10)
- PAW: What is Predictive Analytics World for Government? [Infographic] - Aug 31, 2015.
Predictive Analytics World for Government is a practically focused conference that highlights case studies of how gov. agencies are using data analytics to solve real problems.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 1 and beyond - Aug 31, 2015.
Big Data Certification - which one, Data at the Speed of Business, The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- KDnuggets part-time internship in Data Science, Data Journalism - Aug 31, 2015.
Looking for graduate students in Analytics/Data Science or related topics for a part-time (10-15 hrs/week) paid internship.
- The Present and the Future of the KDD Cup Competition - Aug 31, 2015.
KDD cup is the first and among most prestigious competitions in data science, Among key takeaways from KDD Cup 2015: XGBoost – Gradient Boosted Decision Trees package works wonders in data classification, feature engineering is the king, and team work is crucial.
- Stanford Data Science, Optimization Courses and Programs, online - Aug 31, 2015.
Master powerful techniques and statistical methods for analyzing data that will empower you to solve large scale problems and earn a Stanford Graduate Certificate Online.
- Big Data Influence on Data Driven Advertising - Aug 31, 2015.
More and more companies relying on big data for their data driven initiatives. In a survey conducted by BlueKai, we are trying to capture what its impact on advertising strategies.
- How To Build Compelling Stories From Your Data Sets - Aug 31, 2015.
Are you done with digging, slicing and aggregating those numbers, your job is not over yet. Presenting your findings is an art itself, find out how by means of visualization you can achieve this.
- Top stories for Aug 23-29: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 30, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in; YCML Machine Learning library.
- O’Reilly Learning Paths – Data Science Training – reduced rate until Sep 2 - Aug 30, 2015.
O'Reilly Learning Paths will help you get learn Hadoop, Data Visualization, Data Science with R, Python for Data - until Sep 2 buy them for only $99.
- Join machine learning leaders at H2O World, Nov 9-11, early bird rates now - Aug 28, 2015.
Join H2O for 3-day machine learning conference, hear from top experts including Hilary Mason, Rob Tibshirani, and Stephen Boyd, participate in a hackathon and hands-on data science training.
- How to become a Data Scientist for Free - Aug 28, 2015.
Here are the most required skills for a data scientist position based on ReSkill’s analyses of thousands of job posts and free resources to learn each skill.
- Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 28, 2015.
Which are the most hyped technologies today? Check out Gartner's latest 2015 Hype Cycle Report. Autonomous cars & IoT stay at the peak while big data is losing its prominence. Smart Dust is a new cool technology for the next decade!
- What is the success rate in Hadoop adoption? - Aug 28, 2015.
Hadoop is no more an unknown term for the big data analytics, it’s to find its value return. Here, we tried to explore on the popular opinions of the Hadoop adopters, we also talk about current challenges for adoption.
- Data Hierarchy of Needs - Aug 28, 2015.
Data Hierarchy of Needs helps understand the steps in Big Data processing. Before going to advanced data modeling (top of the pyramid), organizations need to fill huge holes they frequently have in the base of the pyramid, lacking reliable complete data flow.
- Statistical Learning and Data Mining: 10 Hot Ideas for Learning from Data, NYC, Oct 8-9 - Aug 27, 2015.
Taught by top Stanford professors and leading statisticians Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani, this course presents 10 hot ideas for learning from data, and gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction.
- A Beginner’s Guide to SQL - Aug 27, 2015.
SQL is one of the core skills of a data engineer and data scientist. This mini-tutorial explains the four fundamental SQL functions: Create, Read, Update, and Delete using a fun example of movie quotes database.
- 4 Problems with Big Data (And How to Solve Them) - Aug 27, 2015.
Big Data Innovation Summit returns to Boston, Sep 9-10, with 60+ sessions covering Big Data biggest problems (and how to solve them). Use code KD300 to save $300 off all two-day pass prices.
- Systematic Fraud Detection Through Automated Data Analytics in MATLAB - Aug 27, 2015.
Fraud detection is one of the most challenging use case considering the number of factors it depend on. Here, we demonstrate how using hedge fund data in MATLAB you can automate the process of acquiring and analyzing fraud detection data.
- 5 questions to decide if you need a data scientist - Aug 26, 2015.
Here are 5 questions to answer if you are thinking about hiring a data scientist. It depends not only on a person, but on the company culture, business problem and understanding its potential.
- Data Marts as an indispensable analytical tool - Aug 26, 2015.
An analytical Data Mart is in effective and user-friendly tool for reporting, analyses and modeling. Explore, how data marts could provide time saving, less error prone and streamline solution for your business problems.
- Business Analytics & Business Intelligence Online Certificates & Degrees - Aug 25, 2015.
Here's a comprehensive list of Online graduate degrees and certificate programs in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence along with their curriculum & program costs. Most of these programs also have partnerships with industry certifications by market leaders.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-24: Machine Learning Certifications, #DataScience Bootcamps; AshleyMadison Data Analysis - Aug 25, 2015.
Ashley Madison Data analysis: 86% male, 30-46 is the trouble zone; Paradoxes of #DataScience examined; AI Market Overview and more visuals; MachineLearning Certifications and Best #DataScience Bootcamps.
- The stronghold of analytics events this fall - Aug 25, 2015.
5 upcoming analytics events to help you improve all of your days labors: PAW (Predictive Analytics World) Business, PAW Healthcare, eMetrics Summit, Predictive Analytics Times Executive Breakfast (all 4 in Boston), and PAW Government (DC). 15% off till Sep 7.
- OpenText Data Driven Digest Aug 21: College Majors, Hacking Glory, Innovation Performance - Aug 25, 2015.
The simple beauty of X-Y coordinates belies the power they hold; indeed, many of the best data visualizations created today rely on, and build upon, on the Cartesian plane concept to show complex data sets. Here are three examples.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 25 and beyond - Aug 24, 2015.
Advance Speech Analytics, Mobile Analytics, Scraping data with import.io, Graph Analytics, Big Data Certification - which one, and more.
- YCML Machine Learning library on Github - Aug 24, 2015.
YCML is a new Machine Learning library available on Github as an Open Source (GPLv3) project. It can be used in iOS and OS X applications, and includes Machine Learning and optimization algorithms.
- 3 Reasons Big Data Projects Fail - Aug 24, 2015.
Download Lavastorm whitepaper: How to Overcome 3 Key Big Data Challenges - how to operationalize the results, how to enable ETL to handle complexities of Big Data, and more.
- H2O Deep Learning Webinar - Aug 24, 2015.
H2O.ai is a Google-scale open source machine learning engine for R and Big Data. This webinar introduces Distributed Deep Learning concepts, implementation and results from recent developments.
- Top stories for Aug 16-22: Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science - Aug 23, 2015.
Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; R vs Python for Data Science; Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1, 2015 - Aug 21, 2015.
Enter to win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World NYC - let us know what buzzword will replace "Big Data". Submit your entry by Aug 31, 2015.
- Predictive Analytics Healthcare, Hot topics, KDn offer - Aug 21, 2015.
PAW for Healthcare delivers case studies and expertise on how Predictive Analytics improves patient care, reduces costs, and more. Check hot topics and get KDnuggets offer.
- New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? - Aug 21, 2015.
Please vote: How long did you stay at your PREVIOUS analytics/data science job/position and how long to you expect to stay at your current one?
- Paradoxes of Data Science - Aug 21, 2015.
There are many paradoxes, ironies and disconnects in today’s world of data science: pain points, things ignored, shoved under the rug, denied or paid lip.
- The Data Science Conference, Chicago, Nov 12-13 – KDnuggets discount - Aug 21, 2015.
Get ready to attend "The Data Science Conference" at University of Chicago on Nov 12-13. An industry led speaker line up of 23+ data science experts and passionate data science professionals come together. Avail the KDnuggets Reader's discount offer.
- UDEL Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data, Sep 10 – Dec 17, Wilmington, DE - Aug 20, 2015.
The Certificate in Analytics at U. of Delaware is a great way to bolster your quantitative skills, while diving deeper into data analytics. Classes start Sep 10 in Wilmington, DE.
- NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics – Transform your career - Aug 20, 2015.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art - Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- Information Management 10 IT Security Books for Big Data Scientists - Aug 20, 2015.
As the big data and cybersecurity markets converge with one another, each of these books examines new threats and new opportunities for data scientists who want to analyze and safeguard data.
- Metis: Data Visualization with D3.js course, New York City, Sep 16 – Oct 28 - Aug 19, 2015.
Designed and taught by Kevin Quealy, Graphics Editor for the New York Times, this course is for anyone who wants to be proficient in the use of D3 and seeks expertise visualizing quantitative information. Enroll today!
- HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database with results - Aug 19, 2015.
HeroX launched the Cognitive Computing Challenge – a $200,000 USD incentive prize to build a cognitive system that can read a document, then accurately load a database with what it finds.
- Learn to Map Census Data in R – free email course - Aug 19, 2015.
The course, split into 5 lessons, is designed to teach people how to easily make beautiful and informative maps of US demographics. People start with US State maps and progress to county and zip code maps.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-17: Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding overfitting; Top Big Data, Data Science influencers - Aug 18, 2015.
Understanding #Convolution in #DeepLearning; Top #BigData #DataScience influencers @hmason @hackingdata @kirkdborne @flowingdata; Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding #overfitting: The reusable holdout method; R Programming: Where are 50,000 R programmers?
- Looker: Data at the Speed of Business, Sep 2 - Aug 18, 2015.
Learn how SnagAJob reinvented their data strategy with HP Vertica and Looker, including creating a centralized data experience for the entire company.
- Apache Drill Makes Big Data Analysis Easier for Everyone - Aug 18, 2015.
Apache Drill is an open source query engine that provides interactive and secure SQL analytics at the scale of petabytes. Provides data querying and exploring capabilities from varied NoSQL databases and file formats.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- Anaconda Data Science Platform for R, Python, or both - Aug 18, 2015.
Got R, Python, or both? Download conda, the leading package and environment manager for data science, which works with both R and Python packages.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 18 and beyond - Aug 17, 2015.
Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, Extracting Value from Hadoop, Build Smart Apps With Deep Learning APIs, and more.
- Big Idea To Avoid Overfitting: Reusable Holdout to Preserve Validity in Adaptive Data Analysis - Aug 17, 2015.
Big Data makes it all too easy find spurious "patterns" in data. A new approach helps avoid overfitting by using 2 key ideas: validation should not reveal any information about the holdout data, and adding of a small amount of noise to any validation result.
- Smartcon Dubai: Leadership for Data Driven Economy, November 23-24 - Aug 17, 2015.
Big data, and its wide range of innovative business applications will be discussed in smartcon 2015 in Dubai, 23th & 24th Nov at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, led by world-renowned experts including Alex Pentland, Amr Awadallah, and Dr. Michael Wu.
- Top stories for Aug 9-15: Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees/Certificates; Top influencers in Big Data, Data Science - Aug 16, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics, & Data Mining Online Degrees and Certificates; Key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science; Overcoming Overfitting with the reusable holdout algorithm; 3 Key Components of a Successful Data Science Team.
- OpenText Data-Driven Digest, Aug 14 - Aug 15, 2015.
In three data visualizations, we dive into what you would see looking west or east across the ocean; the contours and makeup of the seabed; and the width of rivers throughout North America.
- EARL2015 Conference for users, developers of R, London (Sep 14-16) and Boston (Nov 2-4) - Aug 14, 2015.
The primary focus of both London and Boston Conferences is the commercial use and application of R across a broad range of business sectors.
- Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning - Aug 14, 2015.
Deep learning exploits gigantic datasets to produce powerful models. But what can we do when our datasets are comparatively small? Transfer learning by fine-tuning deep nets offers a way to leverage existing datasets to perform well on new tasks.
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
- ITB Online MSc BI, Data Mining Q&A, Aug 26 - Aug 14, 2015.
Attend Live Q&A about ITB part-time Online MSc in Business Intelligence & Data Mining, designed for computing professionals who want to learn BI and Data Mining. Q&A is online Aug 26.
- Data Science, Analytics, & Data Mining Online Degrees and Certificates - Aug 13, 2015.
We present a comprehensive list of Online masters and graduate degree certificates in Data science, data mining, analytics & machine learning along with their curriculum & program costs.
- Rapidminer Webinar: Taming Hadoop – Extracting Value, Aug 20 - Aug 13, 2015.
Join Dr. Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CTO and leading EMA Analysts for a discussion on how to close the loop between predictive insights and action using big data analytics.
- 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis - Aug 13, 2015.
Seth Grimes, a text analytics guru, shares 11 key observations on what works, what is past, what is coming, and what to keep in mind while doing sentiment analysis.
- Overcoming Overfitting with the reusable holdout: Preserving validity in adaptive data analysis - Aug 12, 2015.
Misapplication of statistical data analysis is a common cause of spurious discoveries in scientific research. We demonstrate a new approach for addressing the challenges of adaptivity based on insights from privacy-preserving data analysis.
- Predictive Analytics as an Engine Of R&D and New Product Launches - Aug 12, 2015.
Predictive analytics is not only the way to discover the underlying patterns, but it can also help you with innovation. Here, we discuss the ways to innovate by combining it with business logic, marketing and bridging demand supply factors.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 04-10: Survival analysis in R – step by step guide - Aug 11, 2015.
Survival analysis in R - step by step guide; Neural Nets, AI and Deep Learning journey to acceptance; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Apache Flink and the case for #stream processing #BigData #Analytics.
- PAW: The Fall Four – Score early bird rates at 4 predictive analytics events this fall - Aug 11, 2015.
Whether you want to captain predictive analytics efforts in the worlds of business, healthcare and government or you simply would like a predictive analytics warm-up, PAW has the event to match you. Use KDN150 to save.
- Consumer and Market Research Info Kit - Aug 11, 2015.
JMP free info kit helps you determine the best ways to meet and shape customer needs. It includes a webcast interview on the Voice of the Customer, a chapter from "Numbersense" book, a demo on planning with predictive modeling, and more.
- RightRelevance helps find key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Beyond - Aug 11, 2015.
RightRelevance leverages the social web to find key topics and top influencers in many areas, from Big Data to emergency medicine. We use it to identify top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Data Mining.
- Book: Practical Text Analytics - Aug 11, 2015.
New publication provides guidance on the application of text analytics for marketing professionals who must interpret results and apply them in their campaigns.
- Top July stories: 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Aug 11, 2015.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; Can deep learning help find the perfect date? Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape.
- Big Data Innovation, Boston, Sep 9-10: a fresh perspective - Aug 11, 2015.
Big Data Innovation Summit (next in Boston, Sep 9-10) is your best chance to gain the tips and tricks of the trade. Get $300 off with code KD300.
- 3D Data Sculptures: a New Way to Visualize Data - Aug 11, 2015.
3D printing can go beyond printing products like iPod cases, or butterfly earrings, and can offer a sustainable way to understand strategic DATA by printing decision support landscapes.
- R Programming: Who, Where and What - Aug 11, 2015.
The “sexiest job” has the sexiest demand, and R is one of their leading weapons. Here, we are trying to capture how these unicorns are distributed, and also where you can move if you want to have great opportunities.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [Wash. DC, Sep | San Jose, Dec] - Aug 10, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Washington DC (Sep), San Jose (Dec).
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 11 and beyond - Aug 10, 2015.
How Scale-Out and In-Memory Solve ETL, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Harnessing the Hadoop Ecosystem, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, and more.
- Three Essential Components of a Successful Data Science Team - Aug 10, 2015.
A Data Science team, carefully constructed with the right set of dedicated professionals, can prove to be an asset to any organization,
- Understanding Basic Concepts and Dispersion - Aug 10, 2015.
In analytics it is a common practice to understand the basic statistical properties of its variables viz. range, mean and deviation. Centrality measures are the most important to them, explore how to use these measures.
- Five Steps to Implement an Enterprise Data Lake - Aug 10, 2015.
This guide helps you to initiate a new IT culture mapped to your business goals, and shows how do create an efficient data reservoir, what makes data more useful, and what are the cutting-edge tools/devices/applications you need.
- Top stories for Aug 2-8: Data is Ugly – Tales of Data Cleaning; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question - Aug 9, 2015.
R vs Python for Data Science; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question; New Standard Methodology for Analytical Models; Why SQL on Hadoop is a Bad Idea.
- World Economic Forum Tech Pioneers & Analytics Winners - Aug 8, 2015.
World Economic Forum selected its 2015 Tech Pioneers, which included quite a few companies on the cutting edge of Analytics, Big Data, and Machine Learning.
- Lavastorm Webinar, Aug 19: Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization - Aug 7, 2015.
Learn why data governance and a data framework are essential to visualization success; how to adopt an agile, self-service approach to data access, analytics and visualization; and tips for optimizing visualization tools through better data prep.
- Apache Flink and the case for stream processing - Aug 7, 2015.
Realtime analytics have been proven challenging in the past, but with new tools it will be possible to setup your pipelines in relative short time. Apache Flink is one of such framework, find out how you can exploit it for your demands.
- How Long Should You Stay at Your Analytics Job? - Aug 7, 2015.
Considering the huge demand for the data scientists many are pondering to switch for a better profile and salary. But, there some things to be pondered about like what should be the interval between two switches, acquiring new skills and your loyalty.
- Big Data Analytics Pain Points - Aug 6, 2015.
Big data analytics is still in infancy, and we haven't yet embraced a data-driven decision making. Here, we discussed the current pain points in it and how you can deal them in better ways.
- Statistics – Understanding the Levels of Measurement - Aug 6, 2015.
For doing statistics or analytics it is first step to understand the variables. Moreover, it is important that one truly knows which measure to take with different available types.
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Why Domain Expertise is More Important than Algorithms - Aug 6, 2015.
We discuss large-scale data architectures in 2020, career path, open source involvement, advice, and more.
- Patterns for Streaming Realtime Analytics - Aug 5, 2015.
Design patterns are well-known for solving the recurrent problems in software engineering, on similar lines we can have Streaming Realtime Analytics patterns and avoid reinventing the wheel. Here, you can see the major patterns we found out for it.
- The Big ‘Big Data’ Question: Hadoop or Spark? - Aug 5, 2015.
With a considerable number of similarities, Hadoop and Spark are often wrongly considered as the same. Bernard carefully explains the differences between the two and how to choose the right one (or both) for your business needs.
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Why SQL on Hadoop is a Bad Idea - Aug 5, 2015.
We discuss the startups landscape in Big Data, valuation of Big Data companies, recognition earned by Datameer, and why SQL on Hadoop is a bad idea.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 28 – Aug 03: Very nice Visual Introduction to Machine Learning; Microsoft Capitulation and The End of Windows Everywhere - Aug 4, 2015.
Very nice: A Visual Introduction to #MachineLearning; Microsoft, Capitulation and The End of Windows Everywhere; Data is Ugly - @importio Tales of #DataCleaning; 8 Tools That Show Whats on the Horizon for #Python
- 84 upcoming August – February Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 4, 2015.
Coming soon: KDD-2015, HP Big Data Conf, Scala by the Bay, Global Big Data Conference, Big Data Innovation East, Cypher 2015, Boston Data Festival, and many more.
- New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined? - Aug 4, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Will Gigabyte range dominate for another year or will Big Data miners share increase?
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Balancing Accuracy and Simplicity in Analytics - Aug 4, 2015.
We discuss common pain points in Big Data projects, evolution of Datameer technology, department specific solution – Datameer Professional, Datameer 5.0 Smart Execution, tacking over-simplicity and more.
- IAPA Informed Australia roadshow with Data Scientist Patrick Hall - Aug 4, 2015.
In 3 sessions in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra (tickets free, but seats are limited), SAS Data Scientist Patrick Hall will provide an inspiring look into his team machine learning research and how it applies to industry.
- Speaking Opportunity: Predictive Analytics World for Workforce - Aug 4, 2015.
PAW for the workforce has been getting traction in recent times, if you are amongst those people or companies who benefitted from it this is your chance to present your insights. We have also provided few examples in the domain.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 4 and beyond - Aug 3, 2015.
Build Smart Apps With Deep Learning, Which Chief is Chief: CAO v. CDO, How to scrape data from the web, Fast-cycle Business-ready Insights on More Data, and more.
- Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question - Aug 3, 2015.
It used to be that nobody on the internet knew that I was a dog ... New KDnuggets cartoon examines the dog question in the era of Big Data.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch
[Aug 18] - Aug 3, 2015.Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Aug 18.
- New Standard Methodology for Analytical Models - Aug 3, 2015.
Traditional methods for the analytical modelling like CRISP-DM have several shortcomings. Here we describe these friction points in CRISP-DM and introduce a new approach of Standard Methodology for Analytics Models which overcomes them.
- Top stories for Jul 26 – Aug 1: Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets - Aug 2, 2015.
Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data for Humanity: A Request for Support; Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets.
- Data is Ugly – Tales of Data Cleaning - Aug 1, 2015.
Whether you want to do business analytics or build the deep learning models, getting correct data and cleansing it appropriately remains the major task. Find out experts opinions on how you can make efficient data cleansing and collection efforts.