Opinions, Interviews, Reports
We welcome guest blogs and opinions - see submission guidelines.
AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2020 and Key Trends for 2021 - Dec 3, 2020.
2020 is finally coming to a close. While likely not to register as anyone's favorite year, 2020 did have some noteworthy advancements in our field, and 2021 promises some important key trends to look forward to. As has become a year-end tradition, our collection of experts have once again contributed their thoughts. Read on to find out more.
- Is Your Machine Learning Model Likely to Fail?
- The 4 Stages of Being Data-driven for Real-life Businesses
- How to Know if a Neural Network is Right for Your Machine Learning Initiative
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving and Turkey Data Science
- Fraud through the eyes of a machine
- How Data Professionals Can Add More Variation to Their Resumes
The Rise of the Machine Learning Engineer
The evolution of Big Data into machine learning applications ushered in an exciting era of new roles and skillsets that became necessary to implement these technologies. With the Machine Learning Engineer being such a crucial component today, where the evolution of this field will take us tomorrow should be fascinating.
- How Machine Learning Works for Social Good
- How Data Scientists Can Avoid ‘Lost in Translation’ Syndrome When Communicating With Management
- Compute Goes Brrr: Revisiting Sutton’s Bitter Lesson for AI
- Is Data Science for Me? 14 Self-examination Questions to Consider
How to Get Into Data Science Without a Degree
Breaking into any new field or slogging through a career change is always a challenge, and requires focus and even a little grit. While transitioning to becoming a Data Scientist is no different, aspiring to this role is possible, even without a formal post-secondary degree, largely due to the vast amount of quality learning resources available today.
- When Machine Learning Knows Too Much About You
- Predicting Heart Disease Using Machine Learning? Don’t!
- Moving from Data Science to Machine Learning Engineering
- My Data Science Online Learning Journey on Coursera
- Doing the impossible? Machine learning with less than one example
- Six Ethical Quandaries of Predictive Policing
- Essential data science skills that no one talks about
The Best Data Science Certification You’ve Never Heard Of
The CDMP is the best data strategy certification you’ve never heard of. (And honestly, when you consider the fact that you’re probably working a job that didn’t exist ten years ago, it’s not surprising that this certification isn’t widespread just yet.)
- When good data analyses fail to deliver the results you expect
- The Missing Teams For Data Scientists