- How to Get Into Data Science Without a Degree [Gold Blog]
Breaking into any new field or slogging through a career change is always a challenge, and requires focus and even a little grit. While transitioning to becoming a Data Scientist is no different, aspiring to this role is possible, even without a formal post-secondary degree, largely due to the vast amount of quality learning resources available today.
- Top Python Libraries for Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing & Computer Vision [Gold Blog]
This article compiles the 30 top Python libraries for deep learning, natural language processing & computer vision, as best determined by KDnuggets staff.
- How to Acquire the Most Wanted Data Science Skills [Gold Blog]
We recently surveyed KDnuggets readers to determine the "most wanted" data science skills. Since they seem to be those most in demand from practitioners, here is a collection of resources for getting started with this learning.
- Learn to build an end to end data science project [Silver Blog]
Appreciating the process you must work through for any Data Science project is valuable before you land your first job in this field. With a well-honed strategy, such as the one outlined in this example project, you will remain productive and consistently deliver valuable machine learning models.
- The Best Data Science Certification You’ve Never Heard Of [Gold Blog]
The CDMP is the best data strategy certification you’ve never heard of. (And honestly, when you consider the fact that you’re probably working a job that didn’t exist ten years ago, it’s not surprising that this certification isn’t widespread just yet.)
- Top Python Libraries for Data Science, Data Visualization & Machine Learning [Gold Blog]
This article compiles the 38 top Python libraries for data science, data visualization & machine learning, as best determined by KDnuggets staff.
- The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists [Silver Blog]
The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists? It’s not what you think.
- How to ace the data science coding challenge [Silver Blog]
Preparing to interview for a Data Scientist position takes preparation and practice, and then it could all boil down to a final review of your skills. Based on personal experience, these tips on how to approach such a review will help you excel in the coding challenge project for your next interview.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science [Gold Blog]
This free course from MIT will help in your transition to thinking computationally, and ultimately solving complex data science problems.
- Goodhart’s Law for Data Science and what happens when a measure becomes a target? [Silver Blog]
When developing analytics and algorithms to better understand a business target, unintended biases can sneak in that ensure desired outcomes are obtained. Guiding your work with multiple metrics in mind can help avoid such consequences of Goodhart's Law.
- Software Engineering Tips and Best Practices for Data Science [Silver Blog]
Bringing your work as a Data Scientist into the real-world means transforming your experiments, test, and detailed analysis into great code that can be deployed as efficient and effective software solutions. You must learn how to enable your machine learning algorithms to integrate with IT systems by taking them out of your notebooks and delivering them to the business by following software engineering standards.
- A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project [Gold Blog]
Especially if you are starting out launching yourself as a Data Scientist, you will want to first demonstrate your skills through interesting data science project ideas that you can implement and share. This step-by-step guide shows you how to do go through this process, with an original example that explores Germany’s biggest frequent flyer forum, Vielfliegertreff.
- Data Science Minimum: 10 Essential Skills You Need to Know to Start Doing Data Science [Platinum Blog]
Data science is ever-evolving, so mastering its foundational technical and soft skills will help you be successful in a career as a Data Scientist, as well as pursue advance concepts, such as deep learning and artificial intelligence.
- The Best Free Data Science eBooks: 2020 Update [Silver Blog]
The author has updated their list of best free data science books for 2020. Read on to see what books you should grab.
- Statistics with Julia: The Free eBook [Silver Blog]
This free eBook is a draft copy of the upcoming Statistics with Julia: Fundamentals for Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Interested in learning Julia for data science? This might be the best intro out there.
- Top Online Masters in Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science – Updated [Gold Blog]
We provide an updated list of best online Masters in AI, Analytics, and Data Science, including rankings, tuition, and duration of the education program.
- If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? [Platinum Blog]
While different ways to learn Data Science for the first time exist, the approach that works for you should be based on how you learn best. One powerful method is to evolve your learning from simple practice into complex foundations, as outlined in this learning path recommended by a physicist who turned into a Data Scientist.
- The List of Top 10 Lists in Data Science [Gold Blog]
The list of Top 10 lists that Data Scientists -- from enthusiasts to those who want to jump start a career -- must know to smoothly navigate a path through this field.
- Going Beyond Superficial: Data Science MOOCs with Substance [Silver Blog]
Data science MOOCs are superficial. At least, a lot of them are. What are your options when looking for something more substantive?
- Unit Test Your Data Pipeline, You Will Thank Yourself Later [Silver Blog]
While you cannot test model output, at least you should test that inputs are correct. Compared to the time you invest in writing unit tests, good pieces of simple tests will save you much more time later, especially when working on large projects or big data.
- New Poll: Which Data Science Skills You Have and Which Ones You Want? Vote Now [Silver Blog]
Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll, and share your insights with the community. Which Data Science skills do you currently possess, and which are you looking forward to add or improve upon? Vote now!