Topic: Data Science
This page features most recent and most popular posts on Data Science.
Latest posts on Data Science
- 6 Data Science Technologies You Need to Build Your Supply Chain Pipeline - Jan 19, 2022Here are some of the data science technologies needed to build a comprehensive and smooth supply chain pipeline.
- Demystifying Bad Science - Jan 18, 2022Rigorous science is challenging and any study can be questioned. Deception is part of human nature and scientists are human, as are journalists and policymakers. We are too and must be careful not to trust a study just because we find it exciting, or because it comforts us or conforms to our beliefs.
- Data Quality: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Jan 17, 2022Incorrect or unclean data leads to false conclusions. The time you take to understand and clean the data is vital to the outcome and quality of the results. Data Quality always takes the win against complex fancy algorithms.
- Running Redis on Google Colab - Jan 14, 2022Open source Redis is being increasingly used in Machine Learning, but running it on Colab is different compared to on your local machine or with Docker. Read on for a 2-step tutorial on how to do it.
- Fake It Till You Make It: Generating Realistic Synthetic Customer Datasets - Jan 11, 2022Finding the data you need is hard. So why not fake it?
Most popular (badge-winning) recent posts on Data Science
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) [Silver Blog]Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist [Silver Blog]I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science [Silver Blog]Let’s take a look at the current state of statistics in data science, and what you can do to accelerate your learning.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist [Gold Blog]Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science [Silver Blog]How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 [Gold Blog]This curated list of data science projects offers real-life problems that will help you master skills to demonstration that you are technically sound and know how to conduct data science projects that add business value.
- 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners [Platinum Blog]This article features 19 data science projects for beginners, categorized into 7 full project tutorials, 5 places to come up with your own data science projects using data, and 7 skills-based data science projects.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network [Gold Blog]Instead, focus on what matters.
- What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course [Silver Blog]First steps to learning data science & machine learning are the foundations.
- Four Basic Steps in Data Preparation [Silver Blog]What we would like to do here is introduce four very basic and very general steps in data preparation for machine learning algorithms. We will describe how and why to apply such transformations within a specific example.
- Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not) [Gold Blog]Choosing what to include in your data science portfolio during the job search is the most important part of the process. Each project should be well-structured so that a hiring manager can assess your skills quickly. To help you get started, we highlight a few data science project ideas that you should consider for your portfolio.
- The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science [Gold Blog]Do you do Python? Do you do data science and machine learning? Then, you need to do these crucial Python libraries that enable nearly all you will want to do.
- How to Ace Data Science Interview by Working on Portfolio Projects [Silver Blog]Recruiters of Data Science professionals around the world focus on portfolio projects rather than resumes and LinkedIn profiles. So, learning early how to contribute and share your work on GitHub, Deepnote, and Kaggle can help you perform your best during data science interviews.
- Data science SQL interview questions from top tech firms [Gold Blog]As a data scientist, there is one thing you really need to understand and know how to handle: data. With SQL being a foundational technical approach for working with data, it should not be surprising that the top tech companies will ask about your SQL skills during an interview. Here, we cover the key concepts tested so you can best prepare for your next data science interview.
- How to Build Strong Data Science Portfolio as a Beginner [Platinum Blog]After learning the basics of data science, you can start to work on real-world problems. But how do you showcase your work? In this article, we are going to learn a unique way to create a data science portfolio.
- Path to Full Stack Data Science [Gold Blog]Start your journey toward mastering all aspects of the field of Data Science with this focused list of in-depth self-learning resources. Curated with the beginner in mind, these recommendations will help you learn efficiently, and can also offer existing professionals useful highlights for review or help filling in any gaps in skills.
- Nine Tools I Wish I Mastered Before My PhD in Machine Learning [Gold Blog]Whether you are building a start up or making scientific breakthroughs these tools will bring your ML pipeline to the next level.
- A Data Science Portfolio That Will Land You The Job [Gold Blog]Landing a data science job is no easy feat, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. This article provides aspiring data scientists with advice on building a data science portfolio that stands out.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- Data Science Cheat Sheet 2.0 [Silver Blog]Check out this helpful, 5-page data science cheat sheet to assist with your exam reviews, interview prep, and anything in-between.