Topic: Data Science
This page features most recent and most popular posts on Data Science.
Latest posts on Data Science
- Where Does Data Come From? - Aug 5, 2022In this article, we will go over the top five ways to collect or receive data, whether to help optimize an AI-driven machine or simply forecast future consumer demand.
- Full Stack Everything? Organizational Intersections Between Data Science, Dev & Tech - Aug 3, 2022Breakthrough value is found when teams collaborate at their intersections to come up with innovative solutions.
- ETL vs ELT: Data Integration Showdown - Aug 1, 2022Extract-Transform-Load vs Extract-Load-Transform: Data integration methods used to transfer data from one source to a data warehouse. Their aims are similar, but see how they differ.
- 10 Most Used Tableau Functions - Aug 1, 2022Learn about the most used string, number, date, logical, and aggregation Tableau functions.
- Online Training and Workshops with Nvidia - Jul 29, 2022Learn about the Nvidia Self-Paced Online Training from their Deep Learning Institute.
Most popular (badge-winning) recent posts on Data Science
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) [Silver Blog]Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist [Silver Blog]I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science [Silver Blog]Let’s take a look at the current state of statistics in data science, and what you can do to accelerate your learning.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist [Gold Blog]Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science [Silver Blog]How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 [Gold Blog]This curated list of data science projects offers real-life problems that will help you master skills to demonstration that you are technically sound and know how to conduct data science projects that add business value.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network [Gold Blog]Instead, focus on what matters.
- What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course [Silver Blog]First steps to learning data science & machine learning are the foundations.
- Four Basic Steps in Data Preparation [Silver Blog]What we would like to do here is introduce four very basic and very general steps in data preparation for machine learning algorithms. We will describe how and why to apply such transformations within a specific example.
- Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not) [Gold Blog]Choosing what to include in your data science portfolio during the job search is the most important part of the process. Each project should be well-structured so that a hiring manager can assess your skills quickly. To help you get started, we highlight a few data science project ideas that you should consider for your portfolio.
- The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science [Gold Blog]Do you do Python? Do you do data science and machine learning? Then, you need to do these crucial Python libraries that enable nearly all you will want to do.
- How to Ace Data Science Interview by Working on Portfolio Projects [Silver Blog]Recruiters of Data Science professionals around the world focus on portfolio projects rather than resumes and LinkedIn profiles. So, learning early how to contribute and share your work on GitHub, Deepnote, and Kaggle can help you perform your best during data science interviews.
- Data science SQL interview questions from top tech firms [Gold Blog]As a data scientist, there is one thing you really need to understand and know how to handle: data. With SQL being a foundational technical approach for working with data, it should not be surprising that the top tech companies will ask about your SQL skills during an interview. Here, we cover the key concepts tested so you can best prepare for your next data science interview.
- Path to Full Stack Data Science [Gold Blog]Start your journey toward mastering all aspects of the field of Data Science with this focused list of in-depth self-learning resources. Curated with the beginner in mind, these recommendations will help you learn efficiently, and can also offer existing professionals useful highlights for review or help filling in any gaps in skills.
- Nine Tools I Wish I Mastered Before My PhD in Machine Learning [Gold Blog]Whether you are building a start up or making scientific breakthroughs these tools will bring your ML pipeline to the next level.
- A Data Science Portfolio That Will Land You The Job [Gold Blog]Landing a data science job is no easy feat, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. This article provides aspiring data scientists with advice on building a data science portfolio that stands out.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- Data Science Cheat Sheet 2.0 [Silver Blog]Check out this helpful, 5-page data science cheat sheet to assist with your exam reviews, interview prep, and anything in-between.
- Learning Data Science and Machine Learning: First Steps After The Roadmap [Silver Blog]Just getting into learning data science may seem as daunting as (if not more than) trying to land your first job in the field. With so many options and resources online and in traditional academia to consider, these pre-requisites and pre-work are recommended before diving deep into data science and AI/ML.
- Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers [Gold Blog]After analyzing 900+ data science interview questions from companies over the past few years, the most common data science interview question categories are reviewed in this guide, each explained with an example.