Python leads the 11 top Data Science, Machine Learning platforms. This page brings you the latest KDnuggets Opinions and Tutorials related to Python, as well as our most popular - gold and silver-badge winning content. Enjoy!
Latest posts on Python
- Making Python Programs Blazingly Fast - Sep 25, 2020Let’s look at the performance of our Python programs and see how to make them up to 30% faster!
- Create and Deploy your First Flask App using Python and Heroku - Sep 25, 2020Flask is a straightforward and lightweight web application framework for Python applications. This guide walks you through how to write an application using Flask with a deployment on Heroku.
- Introduction to Time Series Analysis in Python - Sep 24, 2020Data that is updated in real-time requires additional handling and special care to prepare it for machine learning models. The important Python library, Pandas, can be used for most of this work, and this tutorial guides you through this process for analyzing time-series data.
- The Most Complete Guide to PyTorch for Data Scientists - Sep 24, 2020All the PyTorch functionality you will ever need while doing Deep Learning. From an Experimentation/Research Perspective.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n36, Sep 23: New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020?; Automating Every Aspect of Your Python Project - Sep 23, 2020New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020?; Automating Every Aspect of Your Python Project; Autograd: The Best Machine Learning Library You're Not Using?; Implementing a Deep Learning Library from Scratch in Python; Online Certificates/Courses in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning; Can Neural Networks Show Imagination?
Most popular (badge-winning) recent posts on Python
- Automating Every Aspect of Your Python Project [Gold Blog]Every Python project can benefit from automation using Makefile, optimized Docker images, well configured CI/CD, Code Quality Tools and more…
- Autograd: The Best Machine Learning Library You’re Not Using? [Silver Blog]If there is a Python library that is emblematic of the simplicity, flexibility, and utility of differentiable programming it has to be Autograd.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computer Science and Programming in Python [Gold Blog]This free introductory computer science and programming course is available via MIT's Open Courseware platform. It's a great resource for mastering the fundamentals of one of data science's major requirements.
- Modern Data Science Skills: 8 Categories, Core Skills, and Hot Skills [Silver Blog]We analyze the results of the Data Science Skills poll, including 8 categories of skills, 13 core skills that over 50% of respondents have, the emerging/hot skills that data scientists want to learn, and what is the top skill that Data Scientists want to learn.
- The List of Top 10 Lists in Data Science [Gold Blog]The list of Top 10 lists that Data Scientists -- from enthusiasts to those who want to jump start a career -- must know to smoothly navigate a path through this field.
- 5 Different Ways to Load Data in Python [Silver Blog]Data is the bread and butter of a Data Scientist, so knowing many approaches to loading data for analysis is crucial. Here, five Python techniques to bring in your data are reviewed with code examples for you to follow.
- Setting Up Your Data Science & Machine Learning Capability in Python [Silver Blog]With the rich and dynamic ecosystem of Python continuing to be a leading programming language for data science and machine learning, establishing and maintaining a cost-effective development environment is crucial to your business impact. So, do you rent or buy? This overview considers the hidden and obvious factors involved in selecting and implementing your Python platform.
- Easy Guide To Data Preprocessing In Python [Gold Blog]Preprocessing data for machine learning models is a core general skill for any Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer. Follow this guide using Pandas and Scikit-learn to improve your techniques and make sure your data leads to the best possible outcome.
- A Complete Guide To Survival Analysis In Python, part 1 [Silver Blog]This three-part series covers a review with step-by-step explanations and code for how to perform statistical survival analysis used to investigate the time some event takes to occur, such as patient survival during the COVID-19 pandemic, the time to failure of engineering products, or even the time to closing a sale after an initial customer contact.
- Exploratory Data Analysis on Steroids [Silver Blog]This is a central aspect of Data Science, which sometimes gets overlooked. The first step of anything you do should be to know your data: understand it, get familiar with it. This concept gets even more important as you increase your data volume: imagine trying to parse through thousands or millions of registers and make sense out of them.
- Feature Engineering in SQL and Python: A Hybrid Approach [Silver Blog]Set up your workstation, reduce workplace clutter, maintain a clean namespace, and effortlessly keep your dataset up-to-date.
- Getting Started with TensorFlow 2 [Gold Blog]Learn about the latest version of TensorFlow with this hands-on walk-through of implementing a classification problem with deep learning, how to plot it, and how to improve its results.
- Speed up your Numpy and Pandas with NumExpr Package [Gold Blog]We show how to significantly speed up your mathematical calculations in Numpy and Pandas using a small library.
- 4 Free Math Courses to do and Level up your Data Science Skills [Silver Blog]Just as there is no Data Science without data, there's no science in data without mathematics. Strengthening your foundational skills in math will level you up as a data scientist that will enable you to perform with greater expertise.
- The Most Important Fundamentals of PyTorch you Should Know [Silver Blog]PyTorch is a constantly developing deep learning framework with many exciting additions and features. We review its basic elements and show an example of building a simple Deep Neural Network (DNN) step-by-step.
- Easy Speech-to-Text with Python [Platinum Blog]In this blog, I am demonstrating how to convert speech to text using Python. This can be done with the help of the “Speech Recognition” API and “PyAudio” library.
- Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything you need to know [Silver Blog]Naïve Bayes is a probabilistic machine learning algorithm based on the Bayes Theorem, used in a wide variety of classification tasks. In this article, we will understand the Naïve Bayes algorithm and all essential concepts so that there is no room for doubts in understanding.
- Natural Language Processing with Python: The Free eBook [Gold Blog]This free eBook is an introduction to natural language processing, and to NLTK, one of the most prevalent Python NLP libraries.
- Deep Learning for Detecting Pneumonia from X-ray Images [Silver Blog]This article covers an end to end pipeline for pneumonia detection from X-ray images.
- Model Evaluation Metrics in Machine Learning [Silver Blog]A detailed explanation of model evaluation metrics to evaluate a classification machine learning model.
- Python For Everybody: The Free eBook [Gold Blog]Get back to fundamentals with this free eBook, Python For Everybody, approaching the learning of programming from a data analysis perspective.