All (103) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings (6) | News, Features (24) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (32) | Publications (4) | Software (10) | Top Tweets (16) | Webcasts (5)
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in September - Dec 30, 2014.
One pattern is random, other is machine-generated. Can you guess which?; 14 Awesome (and Free) #DataScience Books; Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Watch: Statistical, Machine learning with R, great 15 hour online course.
- Interview: Ben Werther, CEO, Platfora on Insightful Analytics for Big Data - Dec 30, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in implementing end-to-end solutions for Big Data, Platfora use cases, Big Data trends, advice and more.
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in October - Dec 29, 2014.
Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama; Air traffic data is being analyzed to predict Ebola Spread; A Great Collection of #MachineLearning Algorithms; Best Programming Language for Machine Learning.
- Interview: Ben Werther, CEO, Platfora on Why Big Data Needs Self-Service Tools - Dec 29, 2014.
We discuss the importance of self-service model for Big Data tools, Small Data vs. Big Data, unique advantages of Platfora, key enhancements in Platfora 4.0 and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 22-28: Top 10 Data Science Skills, and How to Learn Them; How to tell correlation from causation - Dec 29, 2014.
Top 10 Data Science Skills, and How to Learn Them; Mathematicians claim to figure out how to tell correlation from causation; Review of #MOOC Learning from Data - the class that changed everything; Free Big Data sources every Data Science enthusiast should know.
- KDnuggets 14:n35, Data Mining: Hottest Skill; 2015 Predictions; KDD-2015 - Dec 29, 2014.
2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science? KDD-2015 in Sydney - CFP; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; The Big Data of Wearables.
- Top stories for Dec 21-27: 2015 Predictions for big data and data science; The Big Data of Wearables - Dec 28, 2014.
2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science?; The Big Data of Wearables; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; FICO CAO sees a Post-Big Data World.
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in November - Dec 27, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design; Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Stanford’s AI100: Century-Long Study on Effects of Artificial Intelligence on Human Life - Dec 26, 2014.
Stanford unveils new 100 year study on the impact of artificial intelligence, particularly on democracy, privacy, the military. Surprisingly, perspectives from outside the AI community are absent from the initial panel.
- BIME Business Intelligence Predictions for 2015 - Dec 26, 2014.
Business intelligence in 2015 will see greater social media involvement, data mining applications, health data analysis, data-driven drones, and BI in the cloud.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Fast Approaching Perfect Storm - Dec 24, 2014.
We discuss why we should anticipate a technology perfect storm soon, Enterprise IT challenges, distinct capabilities of IBM BlueMix and more.
- Hot or Not: Data Science Trends in 2015 - Dec 24, 2014.
CrowdFlower infographic predicts the hot trends for data science in 2015 and which trends will fade away.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 22-23: Great list: 20 new data viz tools of 2014; Review of “Learning from Data” MOOC - Dec 24, 2014.
Review of #MOOC Learning from Data (#MachineLearning) - the class that changed everything; #DeepLearning is like Renormalization: deep link between physics, biology, ML; Great list: 20 new #data #viz tools of 2014; "Back to the drawing board" - first appeared in New Yorker cartoon in 1941.
- Low-cost Salford Hands-On Data Mining Mini Training, Jan 23, Phoenix - Dec 24, 2014.
Attend this training and you will walk away with the models you create, ready to start your own data mining projects.
- KDD-2015 Call for Papers, Workshop Proposals - Dec 23, 2014.
KDD-2015, the premier research conference on Data Mining and Data Science, invites submissions of research papers, practice track papers, workshop proposals.
- The Big Data of Wearables - Dec 23, 2014.
Wearables are becoming more common, creating real-time demands on the data-driven systems behind them for applications like forecasting and recommender systems.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 15-21: Cartoon: Unexpected Machine Learning Recommendations; Data Science at the Command Line - Dec 22, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon: Unexpected #MachineLearning Recommendations for holidays; Review: #DataScience at the Command Line - great book; 4 questions that reveal whether you have the hottest job skill of 2014; Why #Amazon Ratings Might Mislead You: Herding Effects.
- UIC Big Data Symposium, Chicago, Mar 17, 2015 - Dec 22, 2014.
Chicago will host a BIG Data Symposium, focusing on the innovative ways of solving business challenges with BIG Data, Emerging Capabilities, Social Network Analytics and Visual Analytics.
- DIY Crawlers vs. Crawlers as Service - Dec 22, 2014.
Crawling structured data from the web has been made easier with the choice between crawlers as a service, like webhose.io, and do-it-yourself, like import.io.
- FICO Chief Analytics Officer Sees a Post–Big Data World in 2015 - Dec 21, 2014.
Predictive analytics and the Big Data that fuels it become deeply and broadly embedded in business and society – no longer a phenomenon but widely accepted as part of the foundation. Here are a few of his predictions for the coming year.
- “Vite fait, bien fait” – Averaging improves both accuracy and speed of time series classification - Dec 21, 2014.
Time series classification using k-nearest neighbors and dynamic time warping can be improved in many practical applications in both speed and accuracy using averaging.
- 2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science? - Dec 21, 2014.
What’s next in the world of big data? Commonplace terms begin to vanish as businesses put an increased emphasis on the predictive and prescriptive analytics needed to drive value.
- Top stories for Dec 14-20: Most Demanded Data Science/Data Mining Skills; Watson Analytics vs. Azure Machine Learning - Dec 21, 2014.
Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills; IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations; 16 NoSQL, NewSQL Databases To Watch.
- Interview: Brian Hampton, SF 49ers on Competitive Edge through Football Analytics - Dec 20, 2014.
We discuss the shortcomings of football analytics, how San Francisco 49ers use analytics, future of football analytics, advice and more.
- Consulting Request: Analyze Share Economy vertical - Dec 20, 2014.
Looking for a data scientist to help analyze mined data of several companies in the share economy vertical.
- BabelNet 3.0, Large Multilingual Dictionary and Semantic Network - Dec 20, 2014.
BabelNet 3.0 covers 271 languages, and offers brand-new user interface, Improved accuracy of seamless integration of WordNet, Open Multilingual WordNet, Wikipedia, OmegaWiki, Wikidata and Wiktionary, around 2 billion RDF triples available via a public SPARQL endpoint.
- Eric Siegel vs Stephen Hawking on the risk of artificial intelligence - Dec 19, 2014.
Eric Siegel comments on current controversy whether AI is a threat to human race, says AI is safe. Whether you agree or not, vote in KDnuggets Poll: Is AI a threat?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 17-18: Why Amazon Ratings Might Mislead You; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning - Dec 19, 2014.
Why #Amazon Ratings Might Mislead You: The Story of Herding Effects; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; #DeepLearning Intelligence Platform - Addressing AML #Terrorism #Financing; #NIPS2014 #MachineLearning Trends: Rapid progress in #DeepLearning.
- Interview: Brian Hampton, San Francisco 49ers on Playing Football the Analytics Way - Dec 19, 2014.
We discuss the role of analytics in football, the underrated challenges, evolution since the era of draft trade value chart and analytics-supported team selection.
- Data Mining (and Statistical Analysis) is LinkedIn Hottest Skill in 2014 - Dec 18, 2014.
Data Mining was LinkedIn Hottest Skill in 2014, moving up from number 5 in 2013. Top locations for "data mining" skill were US, India, Australia, and Canada, while top companies were IBM, Microsoft, Google, and Accenture.
- Interview: Peter Alvaro, UC Berkeley, on Managing Asynchrony and Partial Failure - Dec 18, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in simultaneously managing asynchrony and partial failure, the problem of composition, research motivation, trends and more.
- Data Analytics for Government, Wash. DC, Feb 23-25: Keynotes - Dec 18, 2014.
The DAW for Government team is proud to announce keynote speakers: Hemanth Setty (CIO, Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board) and Kenneth Nesbit, Associate CIO, US Treasury.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 15-16: KDnuggets Cartoon: Unexpected Machine Learning Recommendations - Dec 17, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon: Unexpected Machine Learning Recommendations; Review: #DataScience at the Command Line - great book; Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills; The problem is that many ML researchers are not working on on most impactful areas.
- Interview: Peter Alvaro, UC Berkeley, on Consistency Challenge in Distributed Systems - Dec 17, 2014.
We discuss the performance limitations caused by treating datastore as black box, consistency as an application-level property, Dedalus and LDFI approach for testing.
- Open Source Tools for Machine Learning - Dec 17, 2014.
Open source machine learning software makes it easier to implement machine learning solutions on single computers and at scale, and the diversity of packages provide more options for implementers.
- New RapidMiner Streams Simplifies Analytics on Apache Storm - Dec 17, 2014.
Streaming RapidMiner product accompanies additional releases of core platform which now include Qlik, Solr, and Mozenda connectors.
- KDnuggets 14:n34, Is AI a threat? Most Demanded Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; Watson vs Azure ML - Dec 17, 2014.
New Poll: Is AI a threat to humanity? Most Demanded Data Science Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; IBM Watson vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and more Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories in 2014 - Dec 16, 2014.
Top KDnuggets stories in 2014 had several themes - Deep Learning; Data Scientist career, education, and salary; Resources for learning Data Science, especially R and Python, and polls on popular languages for data science and data mining.
- Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations - Dec 16, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon examines an unexpected shopping recommendation from Big Data and machine learning algorithms.
- Spatial Data Platform from SpaceCurve for Real-Time Operational Intelligence - Dec 16, 2014.
SpaceCurve Spatial Data Platform will deliver strong spatial and temporal analytics capabilities. SpaceCurve CEO Dane Coyer and CTO Andrew Rogers tell us more.
- IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (Part 1) - Dec 16, 2014.
IBM Watson Analytics prototype seeks to abstract away data science, taking ordinary natural language queries and answering them based on the content of uploaded datasets. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning goes the opposite route, streamlining existing data mining methodology for fast results and integration with MS's other cloud services.
- National Data Science Bowl: Predict Ocean Health - Dec 16, 2014.
Enter the 1st ever National Data Science bowl, with 175K in prizes and build an algorithm to automate the plankton image identification across 100+ classes. Plankton are critically important to ecosystem, but traditional methods for measuring their populations are time consuming and cannot scale for large-scale studies.
- 8 Things to Check when you analyze Twitter data - Dec 16, 2014.
A review of biases and issues on large scale studies of human behavior in social media discussed by a recent paper published on Science.
- Analyze And Visualize Chatter from Nigeria Elections 2015 - Dec 16, 2014.
A visual listening open data platform helps to see the chatter around upcoming Nigeria 2015 election – facts, ideas, topics, issues, statistics, queries – in a bare minimum of words and beautiful imagery.
- 16 NoSQL, NewSQL Databases To Watch - Dec 15, 2014.
NoSQL and NewSQL databases have become much more important with the proliferation of big, mobile, and networked data, and these sixteen database solutions are some of the biggest up-and-comers.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Dec 16 and beyond - Dec 15, 2014.
Top Data Science Trends for 2015, How EAT Club is using analytics, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 7-14: Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Random Forests, SVM give best results - Dec 15, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA bot-trap trains #AI; O'Reilly Data Scientist Salary and Tools Survey 2014; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; 10 Data Science Newsletters to Subscribe to.
- Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills - Dec 15, 2014.
Our analysis of most demanded data scientist skills shows that Data Science is a team effort focused on business analytics, with top 5 platform skills being SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Hadoop.
- Open Innovation in the Age of Big Data - Dec 15, 2014.
Open platforms for data analysis are more important than ever with big data and increasing access to heterogeneous data sources for analysts.
- Our Iceberg is Melting.. Now where is that Data Scientist? - Dec 15, 2014.
Marketing analytics teams could improve their effectiveness by employing a marketing effectiveness strategy similar to that used by penguins dealing with their iceberg melting.
- Open Source Big Data Analytics Platform - Dec 14, 2014.
Download IKANOW open source analytics platform for FREE and start analyzing structured and unstructured data sources. Great for cyber, social, and crisis use cases.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- Top stories for Dec 7-13: Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is Applied; Neural Networks, Brain, and Machine Learning - Dec 14, 2014.
If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL?; Tableau Top 10 Trends in BI for 2015; Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Why Big Data needs Polyglots - Dec 13, 2014.
We discuss why not to focus on a single technology in Big Data, prevalent myths, what IBM & Twitter partnership means for the world, and current state of data governance.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 10-11: Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains AI; Big Data in 2015: Security, #IoT, data markets - Dec 12, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Data Scientist Salary/Tools Survey finds #BigData scientists earn more; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; Visual Sentiment Analysis: Researchers train #NeuralNets to rate images for #Happiness.
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- 2015 Predictions – What’s Next for Data Scientists? - Dec 12, 2014.
What’s next for data scientists in 2015 - new areas they will focus on - cyber threats to fraud detection - and how the expectations for this profession will change.
- IIA 2015 Analytics Predictions - Dec 11, 2014.
Highlights and discussion from IIA 2015 Analytics Predictions webinar, including Storytelling will be the hot new job in analytics; companies double investment in generating NEW and UNIQUE data, and how does one become an expert if entry-level work is automated?
- November 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Dec 11, 2014.
November 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Target buys Powered Analytics, Ve buys qunb, Sentient raises 100M+, Galvanize buys Zipfian Academy, Intel backs 16 startups.
- Interview: Daqing Zhao, Macys.com on Building Effective Data Models for Marketing - Dec 11, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in identifying the fair price of ad media, recommendations for building effective models for online marketing, unique challenges of Mobile channel, selection of Big Data tools, and more.
- FICO Analytics Competition: Helping Santa Helpers - Dec 11, 2014.
FICO is sponsoring a Kaggle competition to optimize Santa's scheduling algorithm. Competitors can win in multiple categories and the best solution using FICO Xpress Optimization Suite will receive a special prize.
- VentureBeat Webinar, Dec 16: How EAT Club is using analytics to grow their business - Dec 10, 2014.
Get an overview of how organizations are using data analytics today for better forecasting and more. See how modern data exploration tools, like Looker, are faster, more agile and easier to use by all people in an organization.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 8-9: On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free - Dec 10, 2014.
On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Anyone Can Now Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free; Economists are NOT nonpartisan - @FiveThirtyEight quantifies their bias; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- Interview: Daqing Zhao, Macys.com on Advanced Analytics for Marketing in the Big Data era - Dec 10, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Macys.com, comparison of advanced analytics with traditional BI, building data models for scalability, problem of data models becoming quickly obsolete and challenges in customer targeting.
- Australia Analytics Professionals Skills and Salary Report - Dec 10, 2014.
The Institute of Analytics Professionals has published a report showing that in Australia data science recruitment is challenging, salaries are high, social analytics is hot, and there are business challenges that analysts face.
- KDnuggets 14:n33, Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Top trends for 2015 - Dec 10, 2014.
Also: If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? 2nd look at Geoff Hinton AMA; Stop ignoring your text data, and more Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [Orlando, Feb | Las Vegas, May] - Dec 9, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Orlando (Feb), Las Vegas (Apr), or Washington DC (May).
- Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning - Dec 9, 2014.
In a wide-ranging Q&A, Geoff Hinton addresses the future of deep learning, its biological inspirations, and his research philosophy.
- PAW: Unwrap Holiday Cheer for Big Data - Dec 9, 2014.
Get super early bird pricing for PAW and TAW conferences in San Francisco, March 2015, get expert insights at PAW Business, cutting edge keynotes at PAW workforce and more.
- Lexalytics: Stop ignoring your text data - Dec 9, 2014.
Have a bunch of open-ended questions that need analyzing? Curious about social media? Want to track online reviews? Try Lexalytics Semantria Web Service - first 20k documents analyzed free.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Dec 17] - Dec 9, 2014.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Dec 17.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Dec 1-7: Hilarious ! If programming languages were vehicles; Big Data Scientists have the highest salaries - Dec 8, 2014.
Hilarious! If programming languages were vehicles; Data Scientists who know #BigData tools have the highest salaries; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning; Scary! Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Dec 9 and beyond - Dec 8, 2014.
Correlation Using Spark/Hadoop, 2015 Predictions, Big Data Landscape, The Key to Big Data Analytics, in-memory Data Fabric, ask SAP, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, and more.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics courses, 30% off - Dec 8, 2014.
Keep pace with the competition - upgrade your Big Data and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses in Cloud computing, Hadoop, SAS, R and more, now 30% off until Dec 31, 2014.
- Top stories for Nov 30 – Dec 6: Hinton on Deep Learning, Google and AI; Top 10 Big Data companies - Dec 7, 2014.
Geoff Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything; Top 10 Big Data Companies by Revenue; Big Data Top Trends in 2015; Sisense 2015 predictions for BI, Big Data.
- If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? - Dec 6, 2014.
We expand on the idea "If programming languages were vehicles" and examine what would be the main languages for data science: R, Python, SAS, and SQL?
- Tableau Top 10 Trends in Business Intelligence for 2015 - Dec 6, 2014.
Tableau Software presents its top 10 trends in business intelligence in 2015, including transformed data governance, improved social intelligence, and organizational analytics.
- Zicari: Big Data: A Data-Driven Society - Dec 6, 2014.
Roberto Zicari talk at Stanford reviews how Big Data is enabling a data-driven economy, examines 3 Big Data research challenges, and makes a case for Big Data for Social Good.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 3-4: Google funds Automatic Statistician project; Data Science Ontology, visualized - Dec 5, 2014.
Data Science Ontology, visualized; Holiday Gift Ideas for the Data & Statistically Interested; Google funds "Automatic Statistician" project; Nice Tutorial for R learners.
- Mode Playbook for Open Source Analytics - Dec 5, 2014.
Mode Analytics is open-sourcing their internal analysis and data visualizations which can be tailored to common data structures in SQL databases.
- SBP15 Grand Data Challenge - Dec 5, 2014.
Use social media analytics on public data to help analyze and explore social inequality and aid the disadvantaged in SBP15 Grand Data Challenge. Submissions due Jan 20.
- Data Scientist: Owning Up to the Title - Dec 5, 2014.
Regardless of how Data Science or Data Scientist is defined, if you are going to use the word "scientist" in your title, you are going to be held accountable for it.
- Research Challenge: 2015 ACM India SIGKDD Conference on Data Sciences - Dec 5, 2014.
For the 2015 ACM India SIGKDD challenge data scientists are tasked with using social media and traffic data in the form of text, images, and video to track traffic movement in an effort to improve traffic management. Jan 15 Deadline.
- Interview: Igor Elbert, Gilt on Boosting Sales through Analytics-curated Shopping - Dec 4, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Gilt, unique Analytics challenges of a flash sales portal, consumer behavior across channels, interesting insights, advice and more.
- Top stories in November: 9 Must-Have Skills for a Data Scientist; IBM Watson Analytics replacing a data scientist? - Dec 4, 2014.
9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists ? Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- SlamData Open Source Analytics Tool for MongoDB - Dec 4, 2014.
SlamData is an open source SQL-based tool designed to make accessing data in MongoDB easy for developers and non-developers alike with the goal of making application intelligence easier.
- EMC: Big Data, Data Science Courses, up to 57% off - Dec 4, 2014.
EMC offers industry-leading training and certification in Big Data, Hadoop, and Data Science. Get up to 57% off original price - offer ends Dec 22.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 1-2: Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google Translates Pictures Into Words - Dec 3, 2014.
Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning, #BigData; Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century; Forbes 50 Most Innovative Companies 3x more likely to use #BigData Analytics.
- Sisense 2015 predictions for BI, Big Data - Dec 3, 2014.
Mobile devices, text analytics, Google Glass, and data intelligence will be key to the evolution of business intelligence in 2015 according to Adi Azaria and Eldad Farkash of SiSense.
- KDnuggets 14:n32, On Deep Learning, Google and AI; Top SlideShare on Data Science - Dec 3, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- WordStat 7: Shifting Text Analytics Into High Gear - Dec 2, 2014.
WordStat 7 lets users get valuable and actionable insights from text faster, connect unstructured and structured information, and provides better help for the creation and validation of accurate text-categorization dictionaries.
- Practical Machine Learning for Engineers, New York, Jan 19-21 - Dec 2, 2014.
Learn the fundamental concepts of machine learning by working on a dataset of moderate size, using open source software tools. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Dec – May Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Mining, Data Science - Dec 2, 2014.
Coming soon: TDWI Orlando, IEEE ICDM, Big Data Las Vegas, INFORMS, EGC, IKDD, PAW San Francisco, PAW for Workforce, Big Data TechCon, and more.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World for Workforce, San Francisco - Dec 2, 2014.
Co-located with Predictive Analytics World for Business, Text Analytics World, the new PAW Workforce has an engaging program with keynotes from top experts, useful sessions, and leading-edge workshops.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Dec 2, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career opportunities, and learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty with Online MS in Predictive Analytics.
- Top 10 Big Data Companies by Revenue - Dec 1, 2014.
IBM, HP, Dell, and SAP lead the list of Big Data companies with the most revenue from big data hardware, software, and IT services.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-30: How Word Meanings Change; Data wrangling with R: Things I wish I’d been told - Dec 1, 2014.
Linguistic Mapping Reveals How Word Meanings Sometimes Change Overnight; Practical #DataScience Cookbook, helps data practitioner; Facebook #AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of #SVM; Starting data analysis/wrangling with R: Things I wish I'd been told.
- Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything - Dec 1, 2014.
A review of Dr. Geoffrey Hinton’s Ask Me Anything on Reddit. He talked about his current research and his thought on some deep learning issues.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Dec 2 and beyond - Dec 1, 2014.
NoSQL Database Architecture, Big Data Use Cases, IBM Watson Analytics, The 2015 Predictions, Big Data Landscape, and more.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in November - Dec 1, 2014.
TDWI Orlando, Big Data Innovation Summit Las Vegas, Oracle BIWA Summit, Text Analytics World SF, and more meetings, education, and software in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science.