- Data Science for the Layman (No Math Added) - Apr 20, 2017.
Written for the layman, this book is a practical yet gentle introduction to data science. Discover key concepts behind more than 10 classic algorithms, explained with real-world examples and intuitive visuals.
- New Book: TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence – KDnuggets Holiday Offer - Dec 12, 2016.
TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence is a hands-on introduction to learning algorithms and the "TensorFlow book for humans." For a limited holiday special, KDnuggets readers get a 40% discount, available here.
- Process Mining: Where Data Science and Process Science Meet - Nov 17, 2016.
A data scientist without Process Mining training is ill-equipped to uncover the organization’s real processes, analyze compliance, diagnose bottlenecks and improve processes, so improve your skills with a new version of the free Coursera course "Process Mining: Data Science in Action" will start on November 28, 2016.
- New Book: TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence, KDnuggets Offer - Aug 30, 2016.
TensorFlow for Machine Intelligence is a hands-on introduction to learning algorithms and the "TensorFlow book for humans." KDnuggets readers get a 25% discount, available here.
- Predictive Analytics Introductory Key Terms, Explained - Jul 18, 2016.
Here is a collection of introductory predictive analytics terms and concepts, presented for the newcomer in a straight-forward, no frills definition style.
- New Book: Effective CRM using Predictive Analytics – get 20% discount - Jul 11, 2016.
A comprehensive step-by-step guide to designing, setting up, executing and deploying data mining techniques in marketing. Use code VBM93 for 20% discount.
- New Andrew Ng Machine Learning Book Under Construction, Free Draft Chapters - Jun 20, 2016.
Check out the details on Andrew Ng's new book on building machine learning systems, and find out how to get your free copy of draft chapters as they are written.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: New Google Machine Learning Videos, Deep Learning Book, TensorFlow Playground - May 2, 2016.
Check out the most popular topics on Reddit's Machine Learning subreddit from April, including TensorFlow, deep learning, tutorials, self-reflection, and free books.
- Recommender Systems: New Comprehensive Textbook by Charu Aggarwal - Apr 15, 2016.
Covers recommender systems comprehensively, both fundamentals and advanced topics, organized into: Algorithms and evaluation, recommendations in specific domains and contexts, and advanced topics and applications.
- New Deep Learning Book Finished, Finalized Online Version Available - Apr 12, 2016.
What will likely become known as the seminal book on deep learning is finally finished, with the online version finalized and freely-accessible to all those interested in mastering deep neural networks.
- Free audiobook – Revised & Updated “Predictive Analytics” - Jan 12, 2016.
Get the Revised and Updated Edition of Eric Siegel’s acclaimed Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die. Free audiobook with order,
- Amazon Top 20 Books in Neural Networks - Nov 30, 2015.
These are the most popular neural networks books on Amazon. Perhaps there is something of interest to you here.
- Amazon Top 20 Books in Statistics - Nov 9, 2015.
These are the most popular statistics books on Amazon. Some interesting books made their way onto this list, and hopefully you find something of interest here.
- Amazon Top 20 Books in AI & Machine Learning - Nov 2, 2015.
These are the most popular AI & machine learning books on Amazon. Have a look... you may find something of interest here.
- Amazon Top 20 Books in Data Mining - Oct 27, 2015.
These are the most popular data mining books on Amazon. As you look to increase your knowledge, is there something listed here that is missing from your collection?
- You’ve Read the Book, Now Listen to the Podcast - Oct 26, 2015.
Podcasts are a great way to enhance your education without sacrificing precious time. Here are six of the best data-science-oriented podcasts to listen to if you’re a fan of popular data science books.
- New Books on Accelerating Discovery, Event Mining, Networking for Big Data - Oct 23, 2015.
New books cover important Data Science topics, including Mining Unstructured Information for Hypothesis Generation, Event Mining, and Networking for Big Data. Use GZP42 to save 20%.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- The Master Algorithm – new book by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos - Sep 25, 2015.
Wonderfully erudite, humorous, and easy to read, the Master Algorithm by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos takes you on a journey to visit the 5 tribes of Machine Learning experts and helps you understand what the Master Algorithm can be.
- New Book: Big Data Analytics - Sep 8, 2015.
A new book on Big Data analytics provides a broad overview of techniques and applications, focusing on both challenges and opportunities.
- 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R, and more - Sep 4, 2015.
Here is a great collection of eBooks written on the topics of Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Science Tools, and Programming Languages for Data Science.
- Book: Practical Text Analytics - Aug 11, 2015.
New publication provides guidance on the application of text analytics for marketing professionals who must interpret results and apply them in their campaigns.
- Book: Mining Human Mobility in Location-Based Social Networks - Jul 30, 2015.
This book takes a data mining perspective to offer an overview of studying human mobility in location-based social networks (LBSN) and illuminate a wide range of related computational tasks. It also highlights what are the unique characteristics and research opportunities of LBSN data.
- New Book: Mining Latent Entity Structures - Jul 21, 2015.
This collection investigate the principles and methodologies of mining latent entity structures from massive unstructured and interconnected data. We propose a text-rich information network model for modeling data in many different domains.
- Young Data Scientist Book: Inspiration for the future - Jul 21, 2015.
Focussing on ages 14 to 17, this book uses the space exploration for Data Science. Ultimate initiative of this book is to create an open curriculum to teach Data Science in schools.
- Book: Healthcare Data Analytics - Jul 20, 2015.
Written by prominent researchers and experts working in the healthcare domain, this book provides a clear understanding of the analytical techniques currently available to solve healthcare problems.
- Model-Based Machine Learning, Free Early Book Draft - Jun 22, 2015.
Are you a newbie to machine Learning? Here's a fresh new perspective to learning it. It's called "Model-based machine Learning". It makes the process of creating effective machine learning solutions much more systematic for any newcomer!
- On the Shelf: Data Science Books - Apr 28, 2015.
Here are some great books About Data Science, Data Science for Businesses, Data Science in Popular Culture, Data Science How Tos & Manuals, and more - brought to you by UC Berkeley online Master of Information and Data Science.
- Data Mining: New Comprehensive Textbook by Charu Aggarwal - Apr 23, 2015.
This comprehensive data mining textbook explores the different aspects of data mining, from basics to advanced, and their applications, and may be used for both introductory and advanced data mining courses.
- Women Analytics Book Authors – Meta List - Apr 6, 2015.
Meta Brown is mission to promote accomplished women in analytics - her catalog includes hundreds of women who published books on many analytics topics - useful for finding experts to present at your event, comment on an issue or work for you.
- More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources - Mar 25, 2015.
More free resources and online books by leading authors about data mining, data science, machine learning, predictive analytics and statistics.
- Hurwitz: Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics - Mar 5, 2015.
New book from Judith Hurwitz and associates on Cognitive Computing is a comprehensive guide to the subject, providing both the theoretical and practical guidance technologists need.
- The Elements of Data Analytic Style – checklist - Mar 4, 2015.
Jeff Leek book "Elements of Data Analytic Style" had a rocket launch, thanks to author course on Coursera. The book includes a useful checklist that can guide beginning data analysts or serve for evaluating data analyses.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 15-16: KDnuggets Cartoon: Unexpected Machine Learning Recommendations - Dec 17, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon: Unexpected Machine Learning Recommendations; Review: #DataScience at the Command Line - great book; Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills; The problem is that many ML researchers are not working on on most impactful areas.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-30: How Word Meanings Change; Data wrangling with R: Things I wish I’d been told - Dec 1, 2014.
Linguistic Mapping Reveals How Word Meanings Sometimes Change Overnight; Practical #DataScience Cookbook, helps data practitioner; Facebook #AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of #SVM; Starting data analysis/wrangling with R: Things I wish I'd been told.
- Companion Website for “Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms” - Nov 19, 2014.
Supplementary materials for the textbook Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms are now available online and include figures, slides, datasets, videos, and more. Download them today.
- Book: Data Mining for Managers - Oct 14, 2014.
This book by a leading data mining consultant is meant for both practitioners and end users of data mining solutions, and it focuses more on the data and less on the math.
- Book: Modern Optimization with R - Oct 10, 2014.
Learn the most relevant concepts related to modern optimization methods and how to apply them using multi-platform, open source, R tools in this new book on metaheuristics.
- Predictive Analytics Using Oracle Data Miner - Sep 24, 2014.
Learn about basic data mining concepts and how to apply data mining techniques to your data using Oracle SQL and Data Miner tools in this new book.
- Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Aug 2, 2014.
Learn a wide variety of data classification techniques and their methods, domains, and variations in this comprehensive survey of the area of data classification.
- Book: Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendations - Jul 28, 2014.
Learn about the challenges of the recommendation problem and common probabilistic solutions to it, then dive into state of the art techniques in Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendation.
- Book: Win With Advanced Business Analytics - Jun 26, 2014.
Written for the non-technical professional, this definitive guide shows you how to gain the most opportunity and value from every type of advanced business analytics.
- Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Jun 14, 2014.
This new book explores the underlying algorithms of classification and applications in text, multimedia, social network, biological data, and other domains. 25% off with KDnuggets discount.
- Book: Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms - May 27, 2014.
This textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate data mining courses provides a broad yet in-depth overview of data mining, integrating related concepts from machine learning and statistics. Companion website has data, slides and other teaching material.
- Outlier Detection for Temporal Data - May 22, 2014.
Outlier Detection for Temporal Data covers topics in temporal outlier detection, which have applications in numerous fields. It starts with the basic topics then moves on to state of the art techniques in the field.
- New Book: Analytics in a Big Data World – The Essential Guide to Data Science - May 13, 2014.
For organizations looking to enhance their capabilities via data analytics, this book is the go-to reference for applying Data Science to make the right business decisions.
- Did Target Really Predict a Teen’s Pregnancy? The Inside Story - May 7, 2014.
We examine the origin and the facts behind this explosive story, the importance of headlines, and how unsubstantiated assumptions gain traction and mainstream attention and help create myths around Predictive Analytics.
- New Book: Social Media Mining – free PDF download - Apr 22, 2014.
Social Media Mining integrates social media, social network analysis, and data mining to enable students, practitioners, researchers, and managers to understand the basics and potentials of this field.
- Vincent Granville Data Science Book - Apr 12, 2014.
The Data Science book from Analytic Bridge founder Vincent Granville shows you what employers want and the skill set that separates the quality data scientist from other IT professionals.
- Book Review: Data Just Right - Apr 7, 2014.
An introduction to technology and software at play in the current quest to define the Big Data Analytics computing paradigm, the book Data Just Right is reviewed in detail here.
- Book: Visual Analytics of Movement - Apr 2, 2014.
This new book is about the exciting possibilities created by visual analytics for anyone interested in understanding movement, analyzing movement, or simply make decisions influenced by the way people, animals, and objects move.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- Top stories for Mar 23-29 - Mar 30, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Poll: US, Canada, Australia lead; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? New Book: Practical Data Science with R; Test your numbersense.
- New Book: Practical Data Science with R - Mar 29, 2014.
This new book will help you learn and apply the R programming language and statistical analysis techniques to carefully explained examples based in marketing, business intelligence, and decision support.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 14-16: Is Apache Spark the Next Big Thing? R Meta-Book – best CRAN posts assembled - Mar 17, 2014.
Apache Spark promises to be the Next Big Thing in #Big Data - 100x faster than #Hadoop; An R Meta-Book - best CRAN posts assembled; The Beauty of pi - the fastest (and most incomprehensible) formula; Tips for Hiring Data Scientists: look for quants with business hustle.
- New book: Big Data, Mining, and Analytics: Components of Strategic Decision Making - Mar 15, 2014.
This book ties together big data, data mining, and analytics to explain how readers can leverage them to extract valuable insights from their data.
- LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization – completed, free personal download - Mar 11, 2014.
This book combines two usually separated topics: machine learning and intelligent optimization, and does it with enough technical details to satisfy professionals, but also with concrete examples, vivid images, and fun. Buy a low-cost paperback or ebook (Kindle), or download a free PDF.
- Book: Ask, Measure, Learn – Social Media Analytics for Customer Behavior - Mar 3, 2014.
Ask-Measure-Learn is a rare book intended both for a manager and for a data scientist. It presents a framework that helps you ask the right questions, measure the right data, and then learn from the results.