All (110) | Courses, Education (8) | Meetings (19) | News, Features (23) | Opinions, Interviews (21) | Software (3) | Tutorials, Overviews (28) | Webcasts & Webinars (8)
- Stand out in the analytics crowd by getting IAPA-certified in Data Analytics - Apr 30, 2017.
Introduced by IAPA, the largest analytics association in Australia, the Credential recognises analytics skills and capabilities benchmarked to global industry standards. Learn how to apply and be certified.
- Cartoon: Machine Learning – What They Think I Do - Apr 29, 2017.
Different views of Machine Learning: What society, my friends, my parents, other programmers think I do, and what I really do.
- Keep it simple! How to understand Gradient Descent algorithm - Apr 28, 2017.
In Data Science, Gradient Descent is one of the important and difficult concepts. Here we explain this concept with an example, in a very simple way. Check this out.
- One Deep Learning Virtual Machine to Rule Them All - Apr 28, 2017.
The frontend code of programming languages only needs to parse and translate source code to an intermediate representation (IR). Deep Learning frameworks will eventually need their own “IR.”
- Resource-aware Machine Learning – International Summer School, Sep 25-28, TU Dortmund - Apr 27, 2017.
How to deal with data analysis and limited resources: Computational power, data distribution, energy or memory? Learn at TU Dortmund International Summer School. Apply by July 15.
- Join us at the Heart of Data Science, PAW Manufacturing, Jun 19-22 in Chicago - Apr 27, 2017.
Predictive Analytics World for Manufacturing has been at the heart of applied data science from the start. Join us June 19-22 in Chicago.
- MIT Researcher New Meta-Analysis Method To Help Settle Unresolved Debates - Apr 27, 2017.
MIT Sloan professor builds new meta-analysis method to help settle unresolved debates. New method more accurately estimates basal metabolic rates and other effects only using prior studies.
- Hadoop is Not Failing, it is the Future of Data - Apr 27, 2017.
The author disagrees with a previous KDnuggets post on “Why Hadoop is Failing” and argues that the Darwinian Open Source Ecosystem ensures Hadoop is a robust and mature technology platform .
- Models: From the Lab to the Factory - Apr 27, 2017.
In this post, we’ll go over techniques to avoid these scenarios through the process of model management and deployment.
- Dask and Pandas and XGBoost: Playing nicely between distributed systems - Apr 27, 2017.
This blogpost gives a quick example using Dask.dataframe to do distributed Pandas data wrangling, then using a new dask-xgboost package to setup an XGBoost cluster inside the Dask cluster and perform the handoff.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 19-25: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 26, 2017.
Also Practical #DeepLearning For Coders-18 hours of free lessons; Different views of #Machinelearning #cartoon #humor; Scikit-learn #MachineLearning classification algorithms.
- Live Immersive Predictive Analytics &
Data Science Experiential Training - Apr 26, 2017.Successful analytics at the organizational-level starts with immersive, interactive training and goal-driven strategy. TMA’s live online and classroom training spans all skill levels and analytic team roles to build analytic leaders. Live Online in May and September, Seattle in July and Wash-DC in October.
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
- Webinar: Predictive Analytics, Failure to Launch – May 16 - Apr 26, 2017.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is May 16.
- The Analytics of Emotion and Depression - Apr 26, 2017.
Analytics can be used to provide a boost to the cure of depression. How analytics is being adopted by companies like Microsoft, Facebook to handle and detect vulnerable targets of depression.
- How to Build a Recurrent Neural Network in TensorFlow - Apr 26, 2017.
This is a no-nonsense overview of implementing a recurrent neural network (RNN) in TensorFlow. Both theory and practice are covered concisely, and the end result is running TensorFlow RNN code.
- Spark Summit – Explore the future of Data Science and Machine Learning, San Francisco, June 5-7 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 25, 2017.
Choose from over 175 sessions in 10 different tracks, including Developer, Data Science, Enterprise Applications, Machine Learning, Streaming and Spark Experience & Use Cases. Save 15% with code KDNUGGETS.
- The Data Science of Steel, or Data Factory to Help Steel Factory - Apr 25, 2017.
Applying Machine Learning to steel production is really hard! Here are some lessons from Yandex researchers on how to balance the need for findings to be accurate, useful, and understandable at the same time.
- AI & Machine Learning Black Boxes: The Need for Transparency and Accountability - Apr 25, 2017.
When something goes wrong, as it inevitably does, it can be a daunting task discovering the behavior that caused an event that is locked away inside a black box where discoverability is virtually impossible.
- Must-Know: When can parallelism make your algorithms run faster? When could it make your algorithms run slower? - Apr 25, 2017.
Efficient implementation is key to achieving the benefits of parallelization, even though parallelism is a good idea when the task can be divided into sub-tasks that can be executed independent of each other without communication or shared resources.
- Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $10 till Apr 29) - Apr 24, 2017.
Here a list of the best courses in data science from Udemy, covering Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, Tableau, and Hadoop - only $10 until April 29, 2017.
- Industrial Asset Management – Slaying hurdles to get the most from your assets - Apr 24, 2017.
A well-structured asset performance management (APM) plan can give real-time visibility of equipment reliability while predicting possible failures.
- Top Stories, Apr 17-23: Awesome Deep Learning: Most Cited Deep Learning Papers; The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis - Apr 24, 2017.
Awesome Deep Learning: Most Cited Deep Learning Papers; The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis; 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions; Data Science for the Layman
- How to Battle the Data Wheel of Death - Apr 24, 2017.
Data not Constantly Maintained ->Data Becomes Irrelevant -> People Lose Trust -> Use Data Less. We examine 4 reasons for such wheel of death, and what can you do about it.
- How Automated ML is Transforming the Predictive Analytics Landscape - Apr 24, 2017.
Learn how DataRobot automates predictive modeling, and how our platform can deliver these same types of insights and a substantial productivity boost to your machine learning endeavors, on Tuesday, May 2nd at 1:00 pm ET.
- Data Science Dividends – A Gentle Introduction to Financial Data Analysis - Apr 24, 2017.
This post outlines some very basic methods for performing financial data analysis using Python, Pandas, and Matplotlib, focusing mainly on stock price data. A good place for beginners to start.
- PAW for Manufacturing Chicago Needs You - Apr 24, 2017.
Join us again this year in Chicago for Predictive Analytics World for Manufacturing, June 19-22, and receive 20% off current conference rates for two-day passes with the discount code MISSYOU.
- Cartoon: the distance between Espresso and Cappuccino - Apr 22, 2017.
This cartoon takes a vector space approach to your favorite drinks and examines the distance between Espresso and Cappuccino. Warning: this is only funny to Data Scientists and mathematicians.
- The AI Conference – continue the conversation, San Francisco, June 2 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 21, 2017.
AI Conference will focus on emerging technology with a specific focus around projects, teams and people who are working on Artificial General Intelligence and related topics. Use code KDnuggets to save on tickets.
- Difference Between Big Data and Internet of Things - Apr 21, 2017.
If you cannot manage real-time streaming data and make real-time analytics and real-time decisions at the edge, then you are not doing IOT or IOT analytics, in my humble opinion. So what is required to support these IOT data management and analytic requirements?
- They Want to Get Rid of Me! (Data Scientist Lament) - Apr 21, 2017.
We examine “citizen” data scientists and debate between Jeffersonians, who seek to empower everyday worker with data science tools, and Platonists who argue that democratizing data science leads to anarchy and overfitting.
- Awesome Deep Learning: Most Cited Deep Learning Papers - Apr 21, 2017.
This post introduces a curated list of the most cited deep learning papers (since 2012), provides the inclusion criteria, shares a few entry examples, and points to the full listing for those interested in investigating further.
- Stanford Webinar: Pitfalls of A/B Testing - Apr 21, 2017.
Join Ramesh Johari, Associate Professor, Stanford Department of Management Science & Engineering, as he discusses some common practices and pitfalls in A/B testing, Apr 26, 2017.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference from O’Reilly Media, NYC, June 26-29 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 20, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. The organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences are bring you new conference on AI in NYC in June. Use code PCKDNG to save.
- Dataiku: The Complete Data Sheet - Apr 20, 2017.
Whether your every day tool is Scala, Python, R, or Excel, you can now use one tool - Dataiku - to transform raw data to predictions without the hassle. Discover the platform!
- The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis - Apr 20, 2017.
In this post, we will give a high level overview of what exploratory data analysis (EDA) typically entails and then describe three of the major ways EDA is critical to successfully model and interpret its results.
- How to Lie with Data - Apr 20, 2017.
We expect data scientists to be objective, but intentionally or not, they can produce results that mislead. We examine three common types of “lies” that Data Scientists should be aware of.
- Negative Results on Negative Images: Major Flaw in Deep Learning? - Apr 20, 2017.
This is an overview of recent research outlining the limitations of the capabilities of image recognition using deep neural networks. But should this really be considered a "limitation?"
- Data Science for the Layman (No Math Added) - Apr 20, 2017.
Written for the layman, this book is a practical yet gentle introduction to data science. Discover key concepts behind more than 10 classic algorithms, explained with real-world examples and intuitive visuals.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 12-18: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience - Apr 19, 2017.
Also Modern NLP in Python, or What you can learn about food by analyzing a million Yelp reviews; The Periodic Table of #DataScience; What is #Blockchain Technology?
- Putting Alexa to Work: Moving Conversational UI from Hype to Reality - Apr 19, 2017.
The rise of conversational UI signals exciting progress for the BI world but there are pitfalls to be avoided. This blog presents 3 considerations for guiding your conversational UI implementation to ensure success and maximize the value of your data analytics.
- How Big Data Helps Today’s Airlines Operate - Apr 19, 2017.
Companies all over the world have placed a lot of value on getting more insights from big data analytics. That’s not without good reason.
- E-learning courses on Advanced Analytics, Credit Risk Modeling, and Fraud Analytics - Apr 18, 2017.
These online courses, developed by Prof. Bart Baesens and SAS, include videos, case studies, quizzes, and focus on focusses on the concepts and modeling methodologies and not on specific software.
- The dynamics between AI and IoT - Apr 18, 2017.
We see the need for a new type of Engineer who will combine knowledge from Electronics & IoT with Machine learning, AI, Robotics, Cloud and Data management (devops).
- Time Series Analysis with Generalized Additive Models - Apr 18, 2017.
In this tutorial, we will see an example of how a Generative Additive Model (GAM) is used, learn how functions in a GAM are identified through backfitting, and learn how to validate a time series model.
- Join Deep Learning leaders in Boston, May 25-26 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 18, 2017.
We're gathering 400+ leading experts and healthcare professionals at the Deep Learning Summit, and Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston on May 25-26. KDnuggets subscribers get 20% off pass prices for all RE•WORK events with discount code KDNUGGETS.
- Must-Know: What is the curse of dimensionality? - Apr 18, 2017.
What is the curse of dimensionality? This post gives a no-nonsense overview of the concept, plain and simple.
- Open Source is Central to the Data Management Conversation, Boston, June 26-28 - Apr 18, 2017.
Open source dominates the data management conversation. Postgres Vision, June 26-28, Boston, explores the business value realized from innovative solutions and strategies. Use code KDPV17 to save.
- Predictive Maintenance: A Primer - Apr 17, 2017.
Companies can no longer afford to have product rollbacks or have wastage because of replacement parts. This is where the need for “Predictive Maintenance” comes into play.
- Level-up your analytics with text mining, Apr 27 Webinar - Apr 17, 2017.
MeaningCloud, leader in SaaS semantic analytics, has new RapidMiner extension that offers very powerful and flexible text analytics and the ability to extract the meaning of any unstructured text. Learn more in April 27 webinar.
- New Online Data Science Tracks for 2017 - Apr 17, 2017.
In 2017 there are many new and revamped data science tracks that are much more comprehensive for beginners than ever before. The tracks are designed to give you the skills you need to grab a job in data science, and some even have a job guarantee.
- More Deep Learning “Magic”: Paintings to photos, horses to zebras, and more amazing image-to-image translation - Apr 17, 2017.
This is an introduction to recent research which presents an approach for learning to translate an image from a source domain X to a target domain Y in the absence of paired examples.
- Top Stories, Apr 10-16: 10 Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can’t Overlook - Apr 17, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, April; Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions; Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people
- Cartoon: Taxes, Artificial Intelligence, and Humans - Apr 15, 2017.
In honor of Tax Day, new KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unexpected white-collar job that may resist automation and Machine Learning.
- DataScience Launches Interactive Tool For Exploring Data Science Trends - Apr 14, 2017.
DataScience Trends, a new interactive tool from DataScience Inc., gives users the ability to explore and visualize data across 2.8 million open source repositories without writing code.
- What Makes a Good Analyst? - Apr 14, 2017.
Without doubt, critical thinking is necessary in order to be a good analyst but particular skills and experience are also required. What are some of these skills?
- Is Blockchain the Ultimate Enabler of Data Monetization? - Apr 14, 2017.
Is blockchain the ultimate enabler of data and analytics monetization; creating marketplaces where companies, individuals and even smart entities (cars, trucks, building, airports, malls) can share/sell/trade/barter their data and analytic insights directly with others?
- Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions - Apr 14, 2017.
Who leads in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics? We compare the latest Forrester and Gartner reports for this industry for 2017 Q1, identify gainers and losers, and strong leaders vs contenders.
- ACM SIGKDD Calls for Nominations for Top Awards in Data Science, Data Mining Awards - Apr 14, 2017.
ACM SIGKDD, the premier global professional organization for data science and data mining, is calling for nominations for top awards in the field: Doctoral Dissertation Award, Test-of-time Award, Innovation Award (the "Nobel" prize of Data Science), and Service Award.
- WordStat for Stata Now on Macs - Apr 14, 2017.
WordStat is a flexible and easy-to-use text analysis software – whether you need text mining tools for fast extraction of themes and trends, or careful and precise measurement with state-of-the-art quantitative content analysis tools. Now works on Macs.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Irving (Dallas area), May 5-7 - Apr 13, 2017.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape targeted towards both technical and non-technical people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people - Apr 13, 2017.
There are no cover articles praising the fails of the many data scientists that don’t live up to the hype. Here we examine 3 typical mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning , Part 2 - Apr 13, 2017.
In this article we will talk about basics of deep learning from the lens of Convolutional Neural Nets. We plan to use this knowledge to build CNNs in the next post and use Keras to develop a model to predict lung cancer.
- Streaming vs Batch Analytics, Model Creation and Deployment – April 19 Webinar - Apr 13, 2017.
Catch this live webinar from Open Data, which will explain both streaming and batch analytic types, typical use cases for each, as well as the best way to deploy these analytics in production. It happens April 19th, 2017 at 10am PST (1pm EST).
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, April - Apr 13, 2017.
It's about that time again... 5 more machine learning or machine learning-related projects you may not yet have heard of, but may want to consider checking out. Find tools for data exploration, topic modeling, high-level APIs, and feature selection herein.
- Speaker Introduction for the Deep Learning Summit & Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May (KDnuggets Offer) - Apr 13, 2017.
Explore the latest advancements in deep learning and their applications in industry and healthcare at the Deep Learning Summit and Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May. Use discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% off all tickets.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 05-11: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning, Data Science; Making beautiful data visualizations in Python, matplotlib - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; How to make beautiful data visualizations in Python with matplotlib; #DeepLearning in 7 lines of code; Data Science of Variable Selection: A Review.
- High Frequency, new journal on high-frequency data – submit your research - Apr 12, 2017.
Submit your research to HF, the first and only interdisciplinary journal on high-frequency data questions, including HF data assimilation, analysis, and/or methods for decision-making.
- Machine Learning Finds “Fake News” with 88% Accuracy - Apr 12, 2017.
In this post, the author assembles a dataset of fake and real news and employs a Naive Bayes classifier in order to create a model to classify an article as fake or real based on its words and phrases.
- DataRobot Webinar, May 2: How Automated Machine Learning is Transforming the Predictive Analytics Landscape - Apr 11, 2017.
Learn how DataRobot automates predictive modeling, and how our platform can deliver these same types of insights and a substantial productivity boost to your machine learning endeavors.
- Webinar: R with RStudio, Spark, sparklyr in Minutes, April 26 - Apr 11, 2017.
Find out how to expand R capabilities with RStudio + sparklyr on Apache Spark on a fast cloud platform and how simple to get started in the cloud with Cazena Data Science Sandbox as a Service.
- Anonymization and the Future of Data Science - Apr 11, 2017.
This post walks the reader through a real-world example of a "linkage" attack to demonstrate the limits of data anonymization. New privacy regulation, most notably the GDPR, are making it increasingly difficult to maintain a balance between privacy and utility.
- The Evolution of a Productive Data Team - Apr 11, 2017.
Successful data teams at companies of any size are able to produce results because they develop gradually through a series of stages and acquire skills along the way that help them stay efficient and effective.
- Must-Know: How to evaluate a binary classifier - Apr 11, 2017.
Binary classification is a basic concept which involves classifying the data into two groups. Read on for some additional insight and approaches.
- New Poll: What data types you analyzed? - Apr 11, 2017.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What data types you analyzed in the past 12 months? Please vote.
- The Librarian, the Scientist, the Alchemist and the Engineer: Anatomy of a DataOps Expert - Apr 10, 2017.
We know various job profiles in data science – data engineer, data scientist, data analyst etc. Here we explain how these roles fits in a real world data science team and what they do.
- Train AI 2017 is about what takes 90% of Data Scientist work, May 17, San Francisco, KDnuggets Offer - Apr 10, 2017.
Train AI comes to San Francisco on May 17, 2017, and focuses on everything except the algorithm - the training data and feature selection and deployment issues that end up being 90% of the work. KDnuggets readers get 30% off registration with code KDAI30.
- 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 10, 2017.
Spring. Rejuvenation. Rebirth. Everything’s blooming. And, of course, people want free ebooks. With that in mind, here's a list of 10 free machine learning and data science titles to get your spring reading started right.
- Help Define the Future of Open Source Data Management, Boston, June 26-28 - Apr 10, 2017.
Postgres Vision, June 26-28, Boston, will be a forum for the sharpest minds in open source as organizations strive to harvest greater strategic value and actionable insight from their data. Use code KDPV17 to save.
- Don’t miss Eric Siegel’s Keynote at PAW for Workforce, San Francisco, May 14 - Apr 10, 2017.
Predictive Analytics World Workforce (May 14-18, San Francisco) is pleased to announce the Weird Science Keynote by Eric Siegel, "How to Know Your Predictive Discovery Is Not BS."
- Top Stories, Apr 3-9: Top 20 Machine Learning & Deep Learning Research Papers; Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 10, 2017.
Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence; Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning; Introduction to Anomaly Detection; The 42 V’s of Big Data and Data Science
- The 42 V’s of Big Data and Data Science - Apr 7, 2017.
It's 2017 now, and we now operate in an ever more sophisticated world of analytics. To keep up with the times, we present our updated 2017 list: The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science.
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 7, 2017.
This post is a brief outline of what happened in artificial intelligence in the last 60 years. A great place to start or brush up on your history.
- Chief Data Officer, Financial Services, San Francisco, April 26 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 7, 2017.
Chief Data Officer, Financial Services, West is coming to San Francisco on April 26th. Corinium Global Intelligence and KDnuggets would like to offer you an exclusive 30% discount to join us. Save over $500 using discount code KD30 during registration.
- ODSC East 2017: Accelerate your Deep Learning & Machine Learning Knowledge and Career Opportunities, Boston, May 3-5 - Apr 7, 2017.
With change comes opportunity! The pace of data science innovation continues to quicken. New tools and techniques are constantly emerging especially around deep learning and machine learning. In 2017 many more companies are embarking on data science projects.
- Analytically Speaking Featuring Melisa Buie – On Demand - Apr 6, 2017.
Learn how to keep your audience from struggling to understand your work, why others should review your experimentation process, how to build your experimental muscle, and more.
- AI in Healthcare Summit, San Francisco, June 26-27 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 6, 2017.
From care delivery to care coordination, diagnostics to population health management - AI, machine learning, big data, and cognitive computing are revolutionizing healthcare systems worldwide. Don't get left behind! Use code KDN15 to save.
- Stuff Happens: A Statistical Guide to the “Impossible” - Apr 6, 2017.
Why are some people struck by lightning multiple times or, more encouragingly, how could anyone possibly win the lottery more than once? The odds against these sorts of things are enormous.
- How to stay out of analytic rabbit holes: avoiding investigation loops and their traps - Apr 6, 2017.
Data scientists tend to think that their main job is to answer complex questions and gain in-depth insights, bu in reality it is all about solving problems – and the only way to solve a problem is to act on it.
- Are You a Big Data Genius or a Cybersecurity Hero? - Apr 6, 2017.
The world is experiencing a digital revolution: Big Data and Cybersecurity are now playing a key role in a growing number of diverse industries. Get the jump on the digital revolution with a graduate education from IE School of Human Sciences & Technology.
- Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning, by Thuy T. Pham - Apr 6, 2017.
Machine learning and Deep Learning research advances are transforming our technology. Here are the 20 most important (most-cited) scientific papers that have been published since 2014, starting with "Dropout: a simple way to prevent neural networks from overfitting".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 29 – Apr 04: Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning; #Apache Slug, new #BigData project - Apr 5, 2017.
Also Self-driving talent is fleeing Google and Uber to catch the autonomous-driving; Using Docker, CoreOS For #GPU Based #DeepLearning; A Short Guide to Navigating the Jupyter Ecosystem.
- Join 350+ Insurance executives at Insurance Analytics Canada, Toronto, June 28-29 - Apr 5, 2017.
The largest gathering of insurance analytics, data and technology executives in Canada in back in 2017 – the Insurance Analytics Canada Summit (June 28-29, Toronto). KDnuggets readers use code 4819KD200 to save.
- Make Analytics Pay with Live Immersive Training. - Apr 5, 2017.
Successful analytics starts with immersive, interactive training and goal-driven strategy. TMA’s live online and classroom training spans all skill levels and analytic team roles to build analytic leaders. Washington, DC in April, Live Online in May and Seattle in July.
- New James Bond is a Data Scientist: Data Science Challenge sponsored by UK MI5 and MI6 - Apr 5, 2017.
Two Data Science challenges were launched by UK Government agencies, including MI5 and MI6. One challenge involves classifying vehicles from aerial images, and another analyzing crisis reports. Can you take part and be the next James Bond?
- Top March Stories: 7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Apr 5, 2017.
Also Every Intro to Data Science Course on the Internet, Ranked; What Is Data Science, and What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- Putting Together A Full-Blooded AI Maturity Model - Apr 5, 2017.
Here is a proposed “7A” model that is useful enough to capture of the core of what AI offers without falsely implying there is a static body of best practices in this area.
- Does the Muslim Ban Make Us Safer?: Data Science vs Fake News - Apr 5, 2017.
An obvious metric we can look at for how much harm terrorists from the banned countries do to America is looking at the number of people killed on American soil by terrorists from these countries.
- Finding “Gems” in Big Data - Apr 4, 2017.
Detecting anomalous cases in large datasets is critical in conducting surveillance, countering credit-card fraud, protecting against network hacking, combating insurance fraud, and many more applications in government, business and healthcare. Learn how to do it online in "Anomaly Detection" course at Statistics.com.
- Upcoming Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning: April and Beyond - Apr 4, 2017.
Coming soon: Marketing Metrics and Analytics NYC, SDM Houston, Deep Learning Singapore, Chief Analytics Officer Scottsdale, PLOTCON Oakland, ODSC Boston, TDWI Chicago, PAW San Francisco, and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, March: A Super Harsh Guide to Machine Learning; Is it Gaggle or Koogle?!? - Apr 4, 2017.
A Super Harsh Guide to Machine Learning; Google is acquiring data science community Kaggle; Suggestion by Salesforce chief data scientist; Andrew Ng resigning from Baidu; Distill: An Interactive, Visual Journal for Machine Learning Research
- Must-Know: Why it may be better to have fewer predictors in Machine Learning models? - Apr 4, 2017.
There are a few reasons why it might be a better idea to have fewer predictor variables rather than having many of them. Read on to find out more.
- Introduction to Anomaly Detection - Apr 3, 2017.
This overview will cover several methods of detecting anomalies, as well as how to build a detector in Python using simple moving average (SMA) or low-pass filter.
- Wharton: Successful Applications of Customer Analytics, May 10-11, Philadelphia - Apr 3, 2017.
This conference shows real-world applications that balance of high-level rigor and business know-how and elevating the role of analytics in an organization's strategic decision-making. Hilary Mason keynotes.
- Beware of Two Data Obfuscation Tactics - Apr 3, 2017.
We examine 2 common tactics by data "skeptics": demanding more precision and demanding unanimity. These techniques are especially effective against data scientists, who should be aware of them, and able to counteract them.
- What is AI? Ingredients for Intelligence - Apr 3, 2017.
This introductory overview of artificial intelligence acts as a layman's guide what AI is, and what it is made up of.
- Strata London: Learn about all things data. KDnuggets Offer ends Apr 7 - Apr 3, 2017.
Strata Data Conference returns to London 22-25 May. Early Price ends Friday, 7 April, and you can save up to £479 on your pass with code PCKDNG.
- PAW Healthcare – Apply to speak! - Apr 3, 2017.
Predictive Analytics World Healthcare takes place Oct 29-Nov 2, 2017, in NYC. Apply to be a speaker by Tuesday, April 4, 2017. Act now!
- Top Stories, Mar 27-Apr 2: Standardization and Specialization in Data Science; What is Structural Equation Modeling? - Apr 3, 2017.
Standardization and Specialization in Analytics, Data Science, and BI; What is Structural Equation Modeling?; The Best R Packages for Machine Learning; What makes a great data scientist?; Deep Stubborn Networks - A Breakthrough Advance Towards Adversarial Machine Intelligence
- Deep Stubborn Networks – A Breakthrough Advance Towards Adversarial Machine Intelligence - Apr 1, 2017.
The exciting announcement yesterday of Deep Stubborn Networks (StubNets) introduces an innovative refinement to GANs, taking their development in a new direction.