- Are You Still Using Pandas to Process Big Data in 2021? Here are two better options [Platinum Blog]
When its time to handle a lot of data -- so much that you are in the realm of Big Data -- what tools can you use to wrangle the data, especially in a notebook environment? Pandas doesn’t handle really Big Data very well, but two other libraries do. So, which one is better and faster?
- Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data! [Silver Blog]
Join the Massive Data Revolution with SQream. Shorten query times from days to hours or minutes, and speed up data preparation with - analyze the raw data directly.
- The Data Science Puzzle — 2020 Edition [Silver Blog]
The data science puzzle is once again re-examined through the relationship between several key concepts of the landscape, incorporating updates and observations since last time. Check out the results here.
- 7 Resources to Becoming a Data Engineer [Gold Blog]
An estimated 8,650% growth of the volume of Data to 175 zetabytes from 2010 to 2025 has created an enormous need for Data Engineers to build an organization's big data platform to be fast, efficient and scalable.
- The Death of Big Data and the Emergence of the Multi-Cloud Era [Platinum Blog]
The Era of Big Data is coming to an end as the focus shifts from how we collect data to processing that data in real-time. Big Data is now a business asset supporting the next eras of multi-cloud support, machine learning, and real-time analytics.
- 2019 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? [Silver Blog]
Vote in KDnuggets 20th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will publish the anon data, results, and trends here.
- Best Data Visualization Techniques for small and large data [Silver Blog]
Data visualization is used in many areas to model complex events and visualize phenomena that cannot be observed directly, such as weather patterns, medical conditions or mathematical relationships. Here we review basic data visualization tools and techniques.
- 7 Qualities Your Big Data Visualization Tools Absolutely Must Have and 10 Tools That Have Them [Silver Blog]
Without the right visualization tools, raw data is of little use. Data visualization helps present the data in an interactive visual format. Here are the qualities to look for in a data visualization tool.
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science [Gold Blog]
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
- Best Machine Learning Languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools [Silver Blog]
We cover a variety of topics, from machine learning to deep learning, from data visualization to data tools, with comments and explanations from experts in the relevant fields.
- The Big Data Game Board™ [Silver Blog]
Move aside “Monopoly,” “Risk,” and “Snail Race!” Time to teach the youth of the world of an important, career-advancing game: how to leverage data and analytics to change your life! Introducing the “Big Data Game Board™”!
- BIG, small or Right Data: Which is the proper focus? [Gold Blog]
For most businesses, having and using big data is either impossible, impractical, costly to justify, or difficult to outsource due to the over demand of qualified resources. So, what are the benefits of using small data?
- Hadoop for Beginners [Silver Blog]
An introduction to Hadoop, a framework that enables you to store and process large data sets in parallel and distributed fashion.
- The What, Where and How of Data for Data Science [Silver Blog]
Here we will take data science apart and build it back up to a coherent and manageable concept. Bear with us!
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Big Data [Gold Blog]
We take a look at five things you need to know about Big Data.
- 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning [Gold Blog]
For the 2018 international women's day, we profile 18 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Analytics, Big Data , Data science, and Machine Learning areas.
- 70 Amazing Free Data Sources You Should Know [Silver Blog]
70 free data sources for 2017 on government, crime, health, financial and economic data, marketing and social media, journalism and media, real estate, company directory and review, and more to start working on your data projects.
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 [Silver Blog]
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- Did Spark Really Kill Hadoop? [Silver Blog]
A comprehensive survey conducted by iDatalabs shows us the trends of the future of these two Data Science technologies.
- Introduction to Blockchains & What It Means to Big Data
Perhaps most significant development in IT over the past few years, blockchain has the potential to change the way that the world approaches big data, with enhanced security and data quality.
- Top 10 Active Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning Influencers on LinkedIn, Updated
Looking for advice? Guidance? Stories? We’ve put a list of the top ten LinkedIn influencers of the last three months, follow them and stay up-to-date with the latest news in Big Data, Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning and AI.