- Analyzing the Migration of Scientific Researchers - Nov 27, 2017.
This is a visualization of the inter- and intra-continental migration of scientific researchers based on ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) data. It is best seen as a directional sample of all researchers, and tracks their earliest/latest countries with research activities as well as their PhD countries.
- Taming the Python Visualization Jungle, Nov 29 Webinar - Nov 22, 2017.
Python has a ton of plotting libraries—but which ones should you use? And how should you go about choosing them? This webinar shows you key starting points and demonstrates how to solve a range of common problems.
- The Python Graph Gallery - Nov 16, 2017.
Welcome to the Python Graph Gallery, a website that displays hundreds of python charts with their reproducible code snippets.
- Webinar: Take Your Data to The Next Level with Embedded Analytics, Nov 16 - Nov 9, 2017.
Learn how data-driven businesses use Looker embedded platform to provide real time, data-driven insights to customers and suppliers.
- Kanri Distance Calculator Free License Version with Demo - Oct 23, 2017.
Kanri invites you to a demo where you can receive a free version of the Kanri Distance Calculator, analytics software that takes big data and individualizes results down to individual participant.
- 7 Techniques to Visualize Geospatial Data - Oct 19, 2017.
In this article, we explore 7 interesting yet simple techniques to visualize geospatial data that will help you visualize your data better.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Bootcamp in Zurich, Switzerland, January 15 – April 6, 2018 - Oct 12, 2017.
Come to the land of chocolate and Data Science where the local tech scene is booming and the jobs are a plenty. Learn the most important concepts from top instructors by doing and through projects. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- The 5 Common Mistakes That Lead to Bad Data Visualization - Oct 10, 2017.
Here are 5 common mistakes that lead to bad data visualization. Avoid these to get the most out of your data visualizations.
- Find Out What Celebrities Tweet About the Most - Oct 5, 2017.
Word cloud is a popular data visualisation method. Here we show how to use R to create twitter word cloud of celebrities and politicians.
- Visualizing High Dimensional Data In Augmented Reality - Sep 25, 2017.
When Data Scientists first get a data set, they oftne use a matrix of 2D scatter plots to quickly see the contents and relationships between pairs of attributes. But for data with lots of attributes, such analysis does not scale.
- What makes a data visualization successful? - Sep 25, 2017.
Data visualisation gives very important insights about the data. But it is subjective to the goal of analysis & area of application. Let’s see how.
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook – Episode VI - Sep 20, 2017.
Deep learning, data preparation, data visualization, oh my! Check out the latest installation of '5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook' for insight on... well, what machine learning projects you can no longer overlook.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n29, Aug 2: Machine Learning Exercises in Python; 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail - Aug 2, 2017.
Machine Learning Exercises in Python: An Introductory Tutorial Series; The BI & Data Analysis Conundrum: 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail to Deliver Value; The Internet of Things: An Introductory Tutorial Series; How to squeeze the most from your training data
- Beautiful Python Visualizations: An Interview with Bryan Van de Ven, Bokeh Core Developer - Aug 1, 2017.
Read this insightful interview with Bokeh's core developer, Bryan Van de Ven, and gain an understanding of what Bokeh is, when and why you should use it, and what makes Bryan a great fit for helming this project.
- Big Data Innovation, Data Visualization Summits, Boston, Sep 7-8 - Jul 20, 2017.
Visualize your data, Demonstrate its value, and tailor your pitch - learn how from the industry leaders in Boston.
- Join 1 Million Others on DataCamp (50% off until May 23) - May 16, 2017.
DataCamp is celebrating 1 millions learners on its platform and is offering 50% off for unlimited access until May 23. Learn R and Python for data science interactively at your own pace.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 03-09: New Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Science? Approaching (Almost) Any #MachineLearning Problem - May 10, 2017.
Also Is #MachineLearning overtaking #BigData? What Do Frameworks Offer Data Scientists that #Programming Languages Lack?; Seeing Theory - A Brown University visual intro to probability and stats.
- Technically Speaking – Analytic solutions to real-world problems - May 3, 2017.
Are you and your data "having issues?" JMP real-world case studies help you solve them with key insights on overcoming the challenges with data collection, preparation, and analysis.
- The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis - Apr 20, 2017.
In this post, we will give a high level overview of what exploratory data analysis (EDA) typically entails and then describe three of the major ways EDA is critical to successfully model and interpret its results.
- How to Lie with Data - Apr 20, 2017.
We expect data scientists to be objective, but intentionally or not, they can produce results that mislead. We examine three common types of “lies” that Data Scientists should be aware of.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 05-11: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning, Data Science; Making beautiful data visualizations in Python, matplotlib - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; How to make beautiful data visualizations in Python with matplotlib; #DeepLearning in 7 lines of code; Data Science of Variable Selection: A Review.
- PLOTCON, Largest Data Visualization Event of its kind, Oakland, May 2-5 - Mar 31, 2017.
For data scientists, journalists, and business analysts, PLOTCON is THE opportunity to meet the creators of the tools you use everyday, ask questions, hear where the future is heading, and be part of the conversation. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 3 - Mar 15, 2017.
The third and final part of 17 new must-know Data Science interview questions and answers covers A/B testing, data visualization, Twitter influence evaluation, and Big Data quality.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n10, Mar 15: Becoming a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization? - Mar 15, 2017.
6 Business Concepts you need to become a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization?; Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $19 till Mar 31); K-Means & Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with Python; Free Online Data Science & Big Data Books
- Visualizing Time-Series Change - Mar 9, 2017.
When creating time-series line charts, it’s important to consider which of the following messages you would like to communicate: Actual value of units? Change in absolute units? Percent change? Change from a specific point in time?
- What makes a good data visualization – a Data Scientist perspective - Mar 8, 2017.
We examine principles of good data visualization, including some great and terrible examples, guidelines for human perception, focus on key variables, changes and trends, avoiding chart junk, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n09, Mar 8: 7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning w. Python; Every Intro to Data Science Course, Ranked - Mar 8, 2017.
Also The Data Science Project Playbook; Hadoop Is Falling - Why? Bokeh Cheat Sheet: Data Visualization in Python
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: Oxford Deep NLP Course; Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results - Mar 6, 2017.
Oxford Deep NLP Course; scikit-plot: Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results; Machine Learning at Berkeley's ML Crash Course: Neural Networks; Predicting parking difficulty with machine learning; TensorFlow 1.0 Release
- Bokeh Cheat Sheet: Data Visualization in Python - Mar 3, 2017.
Bokeh is the Python data visualization library that enables high-performance visual presentation of large datasets in modern web browsers. The package is flexible and offers lots of possibilities to visualize your data in a compelling way, but can be overwhelming.
- Data Science vs Fake News Contest - Feb 27, 2017.
Submit a story that clearly exposes a false claim in the news, using data and visualization. This contest is sponsored by KDnuggets, Data For Democracy, and data.world. Submissions due March 10, 2017.
- The Data Science of NYC Taxi Trips: An Analysis & Visualization - Feb 10, 2017.
This post outlines using Google BigQuery for an analysis of NYC Taxi Trips in the cloud, presenting the analysis and visualization in Tableau Public for readers to interact with.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 25-31: Python implementations of Andrew Ng #MachineLearning MOOC exercises - Feb 1, 2017.
#Python implementations of Andrew Ng #MachineLearning MOOC exercises; This repository contains the entire #Python #DataScience Handbook; What are the best #visualizations of #MachineLearning algorithms? Learn #TensorFlow and #DeepLearning, without a PhD.
- Clean Data Science: Evaluating The Cleanliness of NYC Craft Beer Bar Kitchens - Jan 13, 2017.
An analysis of NYC Open Data health inspections showing that craft beer bar kitchens in Manhattan are cleaner than the average establishment by a statistically significant margin. An encouraging finding for Dry January.
- Creating Data Visualization in Matplotlib - Jan 5, 2017.
Matplotlib is the most widely used data visualization library for Python; it's very powerful, but with a steep learning curve. This overview covers a selection of plots useful for a wide range of data analysis problems and discusses how to best deploy each one so you can tell your data story.
- Neighbors Know Best: (Re) Classifying an Underappreciated Beer - Nov 24, 2016.
A look at beer features to determine whether a specific brew might be better served (pun intended) by being classified under a different style. kNN analysis supported with in-post plots and linked iPython notebook.
- iSight Cloud – Lightning fast visualizations on large data sets - Nov 22, 2016.
SnappyData is launching a FREE cloud service called iSight-Cloud so anyone can try our engine and provide us some feedback. You can try our simple demos in a visual environment or even bring your own data sets to try.
- Data Science Hackathon, Metis / Invisible Institute, Nov 19, San Francisco - Nov 14, 2016.
Join hackathon to explore data science models and D3 visualizations to help the efforts of the Citizens Police Data Project.
- 5 Steps for Advanced Data Analysis using Visualization - Oct 28, 2016.
In most of the scientific researches, due to large amount of experiment data, statistical analysis is typically done by technical experts in computing and statistics. Unfortunately, these experts are not the experts of underlying research; which may cause gaps in analysis. If actual researchers are given easy to use tools and methods to handle and analyse data, it will enrich the research outcome for sure.
- Equifax: Data Visualization Engineer - Oct 13, 2016.
Seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to support and to develop solutions that will foster data driven decision making. You will work on large-scale datasets in our Big Data platform transforming data, aggregating key metrics and building interactive visualizations.
- The R Graph Gallery Data Visualization Collection - Oct 13, 2016.
Welcome to the R graph gallery, a collection of R graph examples, organized by chart type, searchable by R function, with reproducible code and explanation.
- Monash University: Graphics Software Specialist - Oct 3, 2016.
Identify and install existing software packages, and develop bespoke application programs to support ambitious and innovative research, outreach and industrial engagement projects making use of the CAVE2 or other MIVP systems (e.g. 3D-ALIVE).
- How top companies use data to make wise decisions - Sep 15, 2016.
Lucky people are those who pay attention to patterns and maintain a healthy curiosity. Download JMP Foreword magazine and read about those people.
- Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists - Sep 12, 2016.
Latest KDnuggets poll identifies the list of top algorithms actually used by Data Scientists, finds surprises including the most academic and most industry-oriented algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- DuPont Pioneer: Data Visualization Specialist - Sep 8, 2016.
Drive delivery of data visualizations to actively support and advance innovative research activities, working closely with Pioneer researchers across multiple domains.
- Whitepaper: Big Data Visualization With Datashader - Aug 30, 2016.
Download this free whitepaper on how datashader helps tame the complexity of visualizing large amounts of data, along with examples for accomplishing this.
- 5 Awesome jQuery-based Interactive Data Visualization Tools - Aug 19, 2016.
Presented in this post are five great interactive data visualization libraries for jQuery.
- Visualizing 1 Billion Points of Data: Doing It Right – Aug 18 Webinar - Aug 11, 2016.
Join Continuum Analytics on August 18 for a webinar on Big Data visualization with the datashader library. Save your spot today!
- Introduction to Data Science and Data Visualization with D3.js: San Francisco and New York City - Aug 5, 2016.
Visit Metis in San Francisco (Aug 10) and New York City (Aug 9) for an overview of the field of data science and the use of data visualization tool D3.js.
- Make Your Data Greater: Big Data Innovation, IoT, Data Visualization Summits, Boston, Sep 8-9 - Aug 2, 2016.
Check Big Data Innovation, Internet of Things, and Data Visualization Summits in Boston, Sep 8-9, 2016. The program is filling out with new sessions being added every week - the depth and breadth of content covered is unrivaled. Use code KD10 for 10% off All Access path.
- Barley, Hops, and Bayes: Predicting The World Beer Cup - Jul 26, 2016.
This post covers predicting award counts by the United States in an international beer competition. Exploratory data analysis and Bayes methods are also supported.
- Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics to Reach 63% Growth – case study - Jul 12, 2016.
Join The Big Data Channel and Innovation Enterprise for three summits September 8 & 9 in Boston, where KDnuggets readers get a 10% discount. Register now!
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 7: Geolocation and Interactive Maps - Jul 6, 2016.
The final part of this 7 part series explores using geolocation and interactive maps with Twitter data.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n24, Jul 6: Text Mining 101; Softmax and Logistic Regression; Data Mining History: Support Vector Machines - Jul 6, 2016.
What is Softmax Regression and How is it Related to Logistic Regression; Text Mining 101: Topic Modeling; Data Mining History: The Invention of Support Vector Machines; Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 5: Data Visualisation Basics
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 5: Data Visualisation Basics - Jun 29, 2016.
Part 5 of this series takes on data visualization, as we look to make sense of our data and highlight interesting insights.
- Webinar, Jun 30: Introducing Anaconda Mosaic: Visualize. Explore. Transform. Once and Done - Jun 28, 2016.
On June 30th, Continuum Analytics Product Manager Lance Ransom will showcase how Anaconda Mosaic can empower your organization to light up your dark data. Save your spot now!
- DuPont Pioneer: Data Visualization Scientist - Jun 17, 2016.
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 8-14: All-in-one Docker image for Deep Learning; Good Book list for Data lovers - Jun 15, 2016.
Good Book list for #Data lovers; OpenAI - a living collection of important and fun problems; All-in-one #Docker image for #DeepLearning; 10 Useful #Python #DataVisualization Libraries for Any Discipline;
- 10 Useful Python Data Visualization Libraries for Any Discipline - Jun 14, 2016.
A great overview of 10 useful Python data visualization tools. It covers some of the big ones, like matplotlib and Seaborn, but also explores some more obscure libraries, like Gleam, Leather, and missingno.
Pages: 1 2
- Engineering Intelligence Through Data Visualization at Uber - Jun 1, 2016.
An overview of how Uber is using data visualization to help drive intelligence, directly from the Uber data visualization team.
- Big Data Innovation, Data Visualization, IoT Summits, Boston, Sep 8-9 - May 9, 2016.
Save the date for 3 Boston Summit, Sep 8-9: Big Data Innovation, Data Visualization, and Internet of Things. Supersaver rates end June 10.
- World Bank Opens a Treasure Trove of Data - Apr 29, 2016.
The World Bank just launched the beta of their Open Data site at beta.data.worldbank.org, built with React and Node.js by Wiredcraft.
- Big Data Innovation, San Francisco, April: Connect with Apple, NASA, and more - Apr 8, 2016.
Very few "All-access" passes remain for the Big Data Festival in San Francisco, Apr 21-22, which let to access Big Data Innovation (Keynotes: Uber, US Dept of Commerce, Airbnb, LinkedIn), Internet of Things Summit (Keynotes: Apple, Samsung, ...), and Data Visualization Summit (Keynotes: MasterCard, NASA, Pinterest).
- Our World in Data – A Fantastic Site for Data-driven Analysis - Apr 8, 2016.
Online open data repository and browser-based interaction site Our World in Data, from the University of Oxford, is a fantastic site for data-driven exploration.
- Overstock: Data Visualization Specialist - Mar 30, 2016.
Help design and implement Data Storytelling/visual narrative guidelines and best practices to ensure reports incorporate data, analytics and visuals that tell clear, concise stories that can be intuitively interpreted.
- PASS Hands-on Analytics Training on Power BI, R, Dataviz, Excel, May 2-4, San Jose - Mar 28, 2016.
Get first-rate business analytics training at the PASS Business Analytics Conference, May 2-4, San Jose. Check highlights from our unique tracks that follow the Analyst Journey and cover topics like Power BI, R, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics for Excel and more.
- MassMutual: AVP, Data Visualization Lead - Mar 24, 2016.
Seeking an exceptional data visualization lead to craft complex and inspiring visualizations that help our data scientists deliver information back to the enterprise with impact and influence.
- R Learning Path: From beginner to expert in R in 7 steps - Mar 23, 2016.
This learning path is mainly for novice R users that are just getting started but it will also cover some of the latest changes in the language that might appeal to more advanced R users.
Pages: 1 2 3
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n10, Mar 23: Data Science Puzzle, explained; New KDnuggets Tutorials; 4 Data Viz Lessons - Mar 23, 2016.
New KDnuggets Tutorials Page: Learn R, Python, Data Viz, Deep Learning; The Data Science Puzzle, Explained; The Data Science Process, Rediscovered; 4 Lessons for Brilliant Data Visualization.
- Big Data, Data Visualization, Internet of Things, San Francisco, April 21-22 - Mar 22, 2016.
What do Big Data, the Internet of Things and Data Visualization have in common? See all of them at the upcoming Data Festival in San Francisco on Apr 21-22. Get special access with code KDACCESS.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 07-15: Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning - Mar 16, 2016.
Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning; 4 Lessons for Brilliant #DataVisualization; 12 Apps with a Billion+ active Users - less time now to get to 1B users;Timeline of Artificial Intelligence #AI victories, 1997-3041, Chess, Jeopardy, Go.
- Wind and Weather – Open Text Data Digest - Mar 15, 2016.
It’s soothing to watch the wind flows cycle and clouds form and dissipate. Now an app called Windyty lets you navigate real-time and predictive views of the weather yourself, controlling the area, altitude, and variables such as temperature, air pressure, humidity, clouds, or precipitation.
- 4 Lessons for Brilliant Data Visualization - Mar 11, 2016.
Get some pointers on data visualization from a noted expert in the field, and gain some insight into creating your own brilliant visualizations by following these 4 lessons.
Pages: 1 2
- Deriving Better Insights from Time Series Data with Cycle Plots - Mar 9, 2016.
Visualization plays key role in analysis of time series data, to understand underlying trends. Here we are demonstrating the cycle plot which shows both the cycle or trend and the day-of-the-week or the month-of-the-year effect.
- Technically Speaking: Watch the webcast series - Mar 8, 2016.
These real-word case studies deliver key insights on overcoming the challenges in data collection, preparation, and analysis. Find the webcast that fits your current challenge.
- OpenText Data Visualization – Red Carpet Edition - Mar 4, 2016.
In the this latest edition we present handsome variation on the bubble chart, plotting numbers of nominations against Oscars won, and how many films fall into each category.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n08, Mar 2: Citizen Data Scientist Mirage; Spark Tipping Point; 80% Machine Learning - Mar 2, 2016.
The Mirage of a Citizen Data Scientist; Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015; The Machine Learning Problem of The Next Decade; How The Algorithm Economy And Containers Are Changing The Apps.
- Dynamic Data Visualization with PHP and MySQL: Election Spending - Mar 1, 2016.
Learn how to fetch data from MySQL database using PHP and create dynamic charts with that data, using an interesting example of New Hampshire primary election spending.
Pages: 1 2
- Building Zoomable Line Charts in jQuery - Feb 25, 2016.
Learn how to build zoomable line charts using FusionCharts’ core JS library and its jQuery charts plugin, and get started making some beautiful data visualizations for the web.
- IBM Watson Analytics for social media analysis - Feb 25, 2016.
We explore IBM Watson Analytics features and what it can do with your data set. The IBM Watson Anlaytics social media add on is available for preview until March 1st.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n07, Feb 24: Deep Learning For Everyone; 21 Must-Know Data Science Q&A, part 2; Amazon Machine Learning - Feb 24, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, part 2; Opening Up Deep Learning For Everyone; Getting Started with Data Visualization; Top 10 Data Visualization Projects on Github; Amazon Machine Learning.
- Data Science Highlights of Stack Overflow Survey: Machine Learning Has Highest Job Satisfaction - Feb 23, 2016.
The 2015 Stack Overflow Developer Survey gathered data from more than 26,000 respondents. Full stack developers, mobile developers, front end developers... and even data scientists and machine learning developers participated. Check out these 3 interesting insights.
- A comparison between PCA and hierarchical clustering - Feb 23, 2016.
Graphical representations of high-dimensional data sets are the backbone of exploratory data analysis. We examine 2 of the most commonly used methods: heatmaps combined with hierarchical clustering and principal component analysis (PCA).
- Top 10 Data Visualization Projects on Github - Feb 22, 2016.
Github provides a number of open source data visualization options for data scientists and application developers integrating quality visuals. This is a list and description of the top project offerings available, based on the number of stars.
- 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, part 2 - Feb 20, 2016.
Second part of the answers to 20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists, including controlling overfitting, experimental design, tall and wide data, understanding the validity of statistics in the media, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Getting Started with Data Visualization - Feb 19, 2016.
Data visualization is on the rise nowadays. This step-by-step tutorial covers the process of creating your first data visualization using FusionCharts.
- 3 Biggest Challenges of a Data Scientist - Feb 18, 2016.
A data scientist worth his salt uses applications that help him surmount the three key challenges to his job. Here is how ClicData can help.
- Avoid These Common Data Visualization Mistakes - Feb 8, 2016.
Data Visualization is a handy tool which can lead to interesting discoveries about the data, which otherwise wouldn’t have been possible. But, there are common mistakes which could produce the misdirecting results. Learn what are they and how you can avoid them.
- Webinar: Visualizing 1 Billion Points Of Data, Feb 9 - Feb 5, 2016.
As data grows to include millions and billions of points, traditional visualization techniques break down. Join Continuum Analytics on Feb 9 for a webinar on Big Data visualization with the new datashader library.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n03, Jan 27: Secret to winning Kaggle; Better Dataviz; Where Analytics is applied - Jan 27, 2016.
Learning to Code Neural Networks; The secrets to winning Kaggle; 3 Simple Resolutions to Design Better DataViz; Data Scientist - best job in America.
- Three Simple Resolutions to Design Better DataViz - Jan 20, 2016.
Start your New Year off with resolutions to produce better data visualizations: visualize your data, remove chart legends, and try new things.
- OpenText Data Digest, Jan 5: Life and Expectations - Jan 8, 2016.
New year has just begun and for the year ahead is a good opportunity to consider the passage of time, how much is left to each of us. We’re presenting some of the best visualizations of lifespans and life expectancy.
- Improve your processes with statistical models - Jan 7, 2016.
Through real-world case studies, this technical primer will help you: find best practices to interactively explore the patterns in your data, build useful statistical models, and visually interact with these models.
- 20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists - Jan 1, 2016.
Hiring Data Scientists is no easy job, particularly when there are plenty of fake posers. Here is a handy list of questions to help separate the wheat from the chaff.
- Minority Report Visualized – Chicago Police Analyzed - Dec 28, 2015.
Who watches the watchmen? This article examines the recently available Chicago Police misconduct allegation dataset from the Invisible Institute.
Pages: 1 2
- OpenText Data Digest, Dec 18: The Data Awakens - Dec 21, 2015.
As the world enjoys the latest instalment of the Star Wars series, we review interesting visualizations based on the movie series. Strong is the data behind the Force. Enjoy!
- OpenText Data Digest, Dec 11: Holiday Lights - Dec 16, 2015.
Christmas and the New Year are approaching, so this week we’re sharing some data visualizations with connections to holiday celebrations.
- R Style Ninjas: New Lifestyle Site for R Enthusiasts - Dec 11, 2015.
New R themed apparel site with several designs generated from R data visualizations. A portion of each purchase goes toward supporting R development.
- Top New Features in Orange 3 Data Mining Platform - Dec 10, 2015.
The main technical advantage of Orange 3 is its integration with NumPy and SciPy libraries. Other improvements include reading online data, working through queries for SQL and pre-processing.
Pages: 1 2
- OpenText Data Digest Dec 4: Data Is Beautiful - Dec 9, 2015.
This week we look at the 2015 winners of the “Information Is Beautiful” Awards, including Red vs Blue politics, a World of languages, and Working for a living.
- 7 Essential Resources & Tips To Get Started With Data Science - Dec 9, 2015.
This instructional post takes you through connecting the various pieces when studying the data science pipeline. From analysis, to datasets, to MOOCs, to visualizing data, this informative post has some fresh insight.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n40, Dec 9: 50 useful Machine Learning & Data Science APIs; How Do Neural Nets Learn - Dec 9, 2015.
50 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs; How do Neural Networks Learn?; Free Data Science Curriculum; Spark + Deep Learning: Distributed Deep Neural Network Training with SparkNet.
- Learning from Hurricanes: Big Data Analytics, Risk, & Data Visualization - Dec 8, 2015.
This year, Florida has experienced its 10th consecutive year without a hurricane, which is longest period without a hurricane strike in modern times. Exploring this is worthy of some examination, as it offers us many lessons in Big Data Analytics, Risk, and Data Visualization.
- Make Beautiful Interactive Data Visualizations Easily, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 7, 2015.
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 27: Data Mapping Music - Dec 4, 2015.
For this week, we present some examples of how to display music visually, which may get you thinking of other creative ways to visualize data and bring patterns to the surface.
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 20: The Last Mile of Big Data - Nov 24, 2015.
For this week, we provide some examples of visualizations that crunch their fair share of Big Data on the back end but present it in a way that meets the Last Mile challenge.
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 13: Making Relevant Data Easy to See - Nov 17, 2015.
For this week, we provide some examples of how complex data can be displayed in an easy-to-understand fashion.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-9: 500 Deep Learning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Facebook App can answer questions on content of photos - Nov 10, 2015.
500 #DeepLearning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Skills You Need To Become a $240K+ Unicorn Data Scientist: n1 is Apache #Spark; Cartoon: It all started with the iPhone answering my Gmail; Overview of Python Visualization Tools
- Visual Data Mining with Item Explorer - Nov 10, 2015.
Item explorer is an open source visual data mining tool based on d3.js. It enables the user to interactively explore combinatorial questions such as analyzing frequent item sets.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n36, Nov 4: Integrating R, Python; Neural Net in 11 lines; Top 20 AI/Machine Learning books - Nov 4, 2015.
Integrating Python and R; A Neural Network in 11 lines; Amazon Top 20 Books in AI, Machine Learning; How Big Data is used in Recommendation Systems to change to change our lives; Data Science of IoT.
- Overview of Python Visualization Tools - Nov 3, 2015.
An overview and comparison of the leading data visualization packages and tools for Python, including Pandas, Seaborn, ggplot, Bokeh, pygal, and Plotly.
Pages: 1 2
- Tutorial: Building a Twitter Sentiment Analysis Process - Nov 3, 2015.
Tutorial on collecting and analyzing tweets using the “Text Analysis by AYLIEN” extension for RapidMiner.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Improve your processes with statistical models - Nov 3, 2015.
Get technical primer with best practices to interactively explore the patterns in your data, build useful statistical models of these patterns, and visually interact with these models.
- 6 crazy things Deep Learning and Topological Data Analysis can do with your data - Nov 2, 2015.
Want to analyze a high dimensional dataset and you are running out of options? Find out how Deep Learning combined with Topological Data Analysis can do exactly that and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 28, 2015.
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 23: World Statistics Day - Oct 26, 2015.
This week we look at 3 top entries in the UN competition based around eight Millennium Development Goals to see how well they stack up against the data visualizations you are working on.
- How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience - Oct 22, 2015.
Any credible media services require a scientific insights, generated by the support of any case more than cold, hard, unbiased data. In this post, you will learn how to use data visualizations to win over your audience.
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 16: Millennial Parenting - Oct 21, 2015.
Time Magazine’s latest cover story on the trends in Millennial parenting is chocked full of data about the way the younger generation—those born after 1985—approaches their childrearing duties. We’re offering some perspective on the issue.
- Trick-or-Treat a Data Scientist - Oct 20, 2015.
How would one infuse Data Science skills in children to optimize candy collection on Halloween? Zeeshan-ul-hassan Usmani (Founder & Chief Data Scientist, PredictifyMe) explains.
Pages: 1 2
- Which Movie Sequels Are Really Better? A Data Science Answer - Oct 19, 2015.
The internet is filled with polls and lists of sequels that are better or worse movie in the series. Yet such rankings are often based on personal judgement and rarely on data and statistics. Here is our solution to analyze and visualize the movie series.
- R vs Python: head to head data analysis - Oct 13, 2015.
The epic battle between R vs Python goes on. Here we are comparing both of them in terms of generic tasks of data scientist’s like reading CSV, finding data summary, PCA, model building, plotting, and many more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 9: Baseball Playoffs - Oct 12, 2015.
We love our data the way we love our baseball—lots of visuals and power hitters that crush it over the wall for the walk-off win. Check out which visualizations made to top three bases for this week’s OpenText data visualization.
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 2: Traffic and Public Transit - Oct 6, 2015.
Despite constant congestion, data scientists are always coming up with ways to analyze traffic patterns to ensure you get to your desk by 9 a.m. Whether your transportation is trains or cars, we’ve got you covered, this week.
- INFORMS Courses: Essential Practice Skills, Data Exploration and Visualization, November, Baltimore - Oct 5, 2015.
Two INFORMS courses teach Essential Practice Skills for High-Impact Analytics Projects (Nov 18-19) and Data Exploration & Visualization (Nov 10-11). Both courses are given at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- OpenText Data Digest Sep 25: US Maps - Oct 2, 2015.
This week’s Data Driven Digest focuses on three maps of the United States that are distinct more because of the behaviors of the people that live in them than the actual lines that separate them.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-28: 8 Great Examples of Complex Data Viz; 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 30, 2015.
8 Great Examples of Complex #DataViz; @OReillyMedia 2015 #DataScience #Salary Survey - use the model to estimate your salary; The Master #Algorithm - new, excellent book by top #MachineLearning researcher Pedro Domingos.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 18: Money and Finance - Sep 23, 2015.
Pacific Stock Exchange in San Francisco was created 133 years ago this week to serve businesses that struck rich mining for gold during the California Gold Rush. Nowadays, businesses mine for data hoping to strike it rich, using visualizations like the ones below.
- SentimentBuilder: Visual Analysis of Unstructured Texts - Sep 18, 2015.
Sankey diagrams are mainly used to visualize the flow of data on energy flows, material flow and trade-offs. SentimentBuilder found how to use them with unstructured text in their online NLP tool.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 11: Clouds - Sep 15, 2015.
Big Data Analytics is now available on the OpenText Cloud, which got us thinking about actual clouds – the kind up in the sky. Not surprisingly, there are countless great data visualizations related to clouds and weather, so it was tough to choose just three to share
- NSA Patents Analysis and Visualization - Sep 6, 2015.
To understand details and images of nearly 300 patents filed by the National Security Agency, Alice Corona collected data made available by the USPTO, put into the Silk data publishing and data visualization platform.
- OpenText Data Driven Digest, Aug 28: Treemaps - Sep 2, 2015.
Treemaps enable us to visualize the large data set in a concise manner. There are many variations possible with them, here some of the well known tree-maps like Leaves of Green, Repping Fragmentation and All Wet.