- 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 16, 2017.
We detail 50 companies leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution in AD Sales, CRM, Autotech, Business Intelligence and analytics, Commerce, Conversational AI/Bots, Core AI, Cyber-Security, Fintech, Healthcare, IoT, Vision, and other areas.
- Machine 4.0: Making your Factory, Production and Maintenance Data Work - Feb 24, 2017.
To leverage the potential of Big Data the manufacturing firms should intelligently integrate and connect their data sources on a unified platform and use machine learning to extract insights, analyze them, and derive results.
- The Internet of Things vs. Related Concepts and Terms - Feb 14, 2017.
This post attempts to provide some insights on the differences between IoT and the related technologies of M2M, CPS, and WoT, based on literature texts, but also the author's experience from projects and application deployments.
- 5 Decisive Technology Trends which will Make or Break the Manufacturing Momentum in 2017 - Feb 7, 2017.
Manufacturing contributes to 16% of the global GDP and the Internet of Things (IoT ) is on track to connect >28 billion things. What happens when these massive forces collide? We review 5 game-changing technology catalysts.
- Internet of Things Tutorial: IoT Devices and the Semantic Sensor Web - Jan 30, 2017.
IoT applications have to collect and analyze information from multiple heterogeneous objects. Dealing with multiple sensors and internet connected objects, at multiple levels, requires attention. Read on to find out more.
- Data Hoarding and Alternative Data In Finance – How to Overcome the Challenges - Jan 13, 2017.
Big data craze inspires firms to save every possible bit of data, with the misconception that the more data you have, the better. Firms must keep data (for compliance purposes) or often aren’t sure what information they need to keep. This post looks at alternative data sources.
- Big Data and the Internet of Things don’t make business smarter, Analytics and Data Science do - Jan 12, 2017.
Big Data does not convert data into actionable information. Big Data does not create value. But Data Science does, and it does not have to be complex or expensive, or even big.
- A Concise Overview of Recent Advances in the Internet of Things (IoT) - Jan 12, 2017.
A lot happened in IoT during 2016. Read this post for a briefing on some of the most important events, how they unfolded, and what they mean moving forward, complete with select videos to reinforce and elaborate.
- Internet of Things Tutorial: WSN and RFID – The Forerunners - Jan 6, 2017.
WSN and RFID are key to understanding more complex IoT concepts and technologies, but also the structure of non-trivial IoT systems, which are very likely to comprise RFID or WSN components.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 21 – Jan 03: R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jan 4, 2017.
R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; The Five Capability Levels of Deep Learning - Yann Lecun view; The Future Of Machine Learning, McKinsey 2016 Analytics Study; #BigData: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017
- Internet of Things (IoT) Challenge: The Sensor That Cried Wolf - Dec 23, 2016.
William Schmarzo, the "Dean of Big Data," shares a personal story that identifies a tangible issue related to technology in general, and which carries an important message for the Internet of Things (IoT) in particular.
- AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain: New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discuss technology integration - Dec 14, 2016.
AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain – do you know how all of this will fundamentally impact insurance? Get exclusive white paper based on private interviews with New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discussing the role of ever-changing insurance technology to their business.
- Internet of Things Tutorial: Introduction - Dec 6, 2016.
In the first of a series of posts, a set of Internet of Things technologies and applications are presented. Following posts will expand on these topics in tutorial form. Get an introduction to IoT here.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n42, Nov 30: Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; Facebook Groups for Big Data & Data Science - Nov 30, 2016.
Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; Facebook Groups for Big Data & Data Science; Combining Different Methods to Create Advanced Time Series Prediction; Tips for Beginner Machine Learning/Data Scientists Feeling Overwhelmed; Continuous improvement for IoT through AI / Continuous learning
- Ethical Implications Of Industrialized Analytics - Nov 29, 2016.
Analytics & Big Data will be involved in every aspect of our lives and we should handle the ethical dilemmas wisely to let innovation contribute more to our lives.
- Continuous improvement for IoT through AI / Continuous learning - Nov 25, 2016.
In reality, especially for IoT, it is not like once an analytics model is built, it will give the results with same accuracy till the end of time. Data pattern changes over the time which makes it absolutely important to learn from new data and improve/recalibrate the models to get correct result. Below article explain this phenomenon of continuous improvement in analytics for IoT.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Bill Schmarzo, the Dean of Big Data - Oct 24, 2016.
Read an interview with the Dean of Big Data Bill Schmarzo, one of KDnuggets' Top Bloggers for September, and gain some insight on the topics data science, IoT, Big Data... and jeans!
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Ajit Jaokar, on IoT and Data Science - Oct 21, 2016.
Ajit Jaokar, a leading expert in the field, shares his views on evolution of IoT, Data Science, Smart Cities, the promise and dangers of AI, and encouraging young people.
- Statistics.com new courses: Anomaly Detection, Meta Analysis, IoT, Deep Learning, Spatial Analytics - Oct 5, 2016.
Five new courses from Statistics.com, fully online and asynchronous - interact with leading experts in private forums. Use promo code “kdn2016” for $50 off any course.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n35, Oct 5: Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Science for IoT: 10 differences - Oct 5, 2016.
Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Mining vs. Statistics; Data Science for Internet of Things (IoT): 10 Differences; Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn.
- Data Science for Internet of Things (IoT): Ten Differences From Traditional Data Science - Sep 26, 2016.
The connected devices (The Internet of Things) generate more than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data daily. All this data will significantly impact business processes and the Data Science for IoT will take increasingly central role. Here we outline 10 main differences between Data Science for IoT and traditional Data Science.
- Big Data and The Internet of Things: A Match Made in Heaven - Sep 12, 2016.
Think of data as the fuel that helps the Internet of Things run. Big data and the IoT basically go hand in hand -- a match made in heaven, so to speak.
- Data Science for IoT course: Strategic foundation for decision makers - Sep 9, 2016.
The course is based on an open problem solving methodology for IoT analytics which we are developing within the course. The course starts in Sept 2016. To sign up or learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Evolution of IoT Edge Analytics: Strategies of Leading Players - Sep 2, 2016.
This article explores the significance and evolution of IoT edge analytics. Since the author believes that hardware capabilities will converge for large vendors, IoT analytics will be the key differentiator.
- How to Become a (Type A) Data Scientist - Aug 23, 2016.
This post outlines the difference between a Type A and Type B data scientist, and prescribes a learning path on becoming a Type A.
- Analytics, Security, Deep Learning, IoT, Data Science Online Courses - Aug 20, 2016.
Upcoming online courses include : Statistical and machine learning methods for detecting anomalies, identifying images, and processing data from sensors; Deep Learning; Internet of Things (IoT): Programming for Analytics; and Meta Analysis in R.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n29, Aug 10: Data Science for Beginners: Fantastic series; Automating Data Science Contest Winners - Aug 10, 2016.
Data Science for Beginners: Fantastic Introductory Video; Contest 2nd Place: Automating Data Science; Contest Winner: Winning the AutoML Challenge with Auto-sklearn; Reinforcement Learning and the Internet of Things.
- Connect with IoT Leaders, Learn and Network at Connected+, Toronto, Oct 12-13 - Aug 8, 2016.
This premier event offers a 360-degree view of the connected device ecosystems and all IoT verticals. Early bird till Aug 11. Use code KDNuggetspromo for extra savings.
- Brain Monitoring with Kafka, OpenTSDB, and Grafana - Aug 5, 2016.
Interested in using open source software to monitor brain activity, and control your devices? Sure you are! Read this fantastic post for some insight and direction.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Reinforcement Learning and the Internet of Things - Aug 5, 2016.
Gain an understanding of how reinforcement learning can be employed in the Internet of Things world.
- Make Your Data Greater: Big Data Innovation, IoT, Data Visualization Summits, Boston, Sep 8-9 - Aug 2, 2016.
Check Big Data Innovation, Internet of Things, and Data Visualization Summits in Boston, Sep 8-9, 2016. The program is filling out with new sessions being added every week - the depth and breadth of content covered is unrivaled. Use code KD10 for 10% off All Access path.
- Internet of Things Key Terms, Explained - Jul 27, 2016.
This post will define 12 Key Terms for the Internet of Things, in straightforward manner.
- 35 Open Source tools for Internet of Things - Jul 25, 2016.
If you have heard about the Internet of Things many times by now, its time to join the conversation. Explore the many open source tools & projects related to Internet of Things.
Pages: 1 2 3
- What the Next Generation of IoT Sensors Have in Store - Jul 19, 2016.
This post is an overview of some of the next-generation IoT sensors, and what they could mean for our future.
- Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics to Reach 63% Growth – case study - Jul 12, 2016.
Join The Big Data Channel and Innovation Enterprise for three summits September 8 & 9 in Boston, where KDnuggets readers get a 10% discount. Register now!
- GE Intelligent World Hackathon: Insights from Street Lights - Jul 7, 2016.
In the Intelligent World Hackathon, running now through August 2, you can be one of the first developers to access GE smart LED streetlight network data and build urban apps on Predix, GE’s new IIoT data analytics platform.
- Data Science for Internet of Things course, Online or London - Jun 21, 2016.
Now it is 4th run, the "Data Science for Internet of Things" course is designed to prepare you for the role of a Data Scientist for the Internet of Things(IoT) domain. The course starts in Aug – Sep 2016 , online or in London.
- Big Data Business Model Maturity Index and the Internet of Things (IoT) - Jun 7, 2016.
This post explores how organizations could use the Big Data Business Model Maturity Index (BDBMMI) to exploit the Internet of Things (IoT).
- What are the Challenges of the Analytics of Things? - May 20, 2016.
without the AoT, it is difficult to realize the full potential of the IoT. We review the promise and challenges of Analytics of Things, including data, security, analytics implementation, standartization, and more.
- Internet of Things: “Connected” Does Not Equal “Smart” - Apr 18, 2016.
"Connected" and "smart" are not synonyms, and bridging the gap takes a lot of upfront work; but with work invested in identifying, understanding and supporting the key decisions, the more productive the data science will be.
Pages: 1 2
- Simplifying the Internet of Things Conversation - Apr 11, 2016.
The IoT is one of a number of new sources, along with social media and wearable computing, which can be combined with data science, collectively as the Big Data Killer App for organizations.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data Innovation, San Francisco, April: Connect with Apple, NASA, and more - Apr 8, 2016.
Very few "All-access" passes remain for the Big Data Festival in San Francisco, Apr 21-22, which let to access Big Data Innovation (Keynotes: Uber, US Dept of Commerce, Airbnb, LinkedIn), Internet of Things Summit (Keynotes: Apple, Samsung, ...), and Data Visualization Summit (Keynotes: MasterCard, NASA, Pinterest).
- Deep Learning for Internet of Things Using H2O - Apr 6, 2016.
H2O is feature-rich open source machine learning platform known for its R and Spark integration and it’s ease of use. This is an overview of using H2O deep learning for data science with the Internet of Things.
- How IoT is Jeopardizing Your Business Security - Apr 5, 2016.
With the rising wave of IoT devices, businesses everywhere are faced yet with another challenge: to ensure an adequate security level while also continuously integrating new technologies.
- Whether Evolution or Revolution, The Internet of Things is Here to Stay - Mar 25, 2016.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next boom you need to know about, and insurance provider AIG has recently released a no-nonsense whitepaper providing an overview of the landscape in the space.
- CrowdSignals.io, Building Big Mobile Social Sensor dataset - Mar 25, 2016.
CrowdSignals.io a crowdfunding campaign to generate the largest mobile and sensor dataset available to the Data Science community for use in research and product development.
- Big Data, Data Visualization, Internet of Things, San Francisco, April 21-22 - Mar 22, 2016.
What do Big Data, the Internet of Things and Data Visualization have in common? See all of them at the upcoming Data Festival in San Francisco on Apr 21-22. Get special access with code KDACCESS.
- 3 Telecom Developments Which impact IoT Analytics - Mar 18, 2016.
Highlights and developments to watch from Mobile World Congress 2016 which will impact IoT analytics in future.
- Big Data Will Rule Your Home - Mar 18, 2016.
The "connected home" is the next frontier for Big Data, and soon our lives may be significantly impacted by the analytical firepower from the IoT. Would benefits outweigh the risks and how would you then feel if your fridge locks you out because your scales and wearables have sounded the warning signs?
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- Big Data Is Driving Your Car - Feb 18, 2016.
Never mind driverless cars! Big Data is already hard at work in every aspect of the automotive industry, including safety, design, marketing and more. We look at where Big Data is having an impact on the cars that we are driving.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- IoT Data Science Strategy - Jan 14, 2016.
How solid is your strategy for managing data from the Internet of Things (IoT)? A leading analyst firm reveals the smart, new approach - get the white paper.
- Creating a methodology for Data Science for IoT (IoT Analytics) - Jan 13, 2016.
While there is no specific methodology to solve Data Science for IoT (IoT Analytics) problems, perhaps it is time to draft one.
- The future of analytics – top 5 predictions for 2016 - Dec 23, 2015.
Analytics has never been more needed or interesting and the future looks exciting. Top 2016 trends include Machine learning established in the enterprise, Internet of Things hype hits reality, and Big data moves beyond hype to enrich modeling.
- Importance of Data Science for IoT business - Dec 14, 2015.
Here, we have explored how IoT businesses can leverage data science for IT strategies, service analysis stack, capacity planning, hardware maintenance, competitive advantages and anomaly detection. Along with, the different application in multiple IoT industries.
Pages: 1 2
- Data By the Bay: Data Science and Engineering in Four Directions - Nov 16, 2015.
The main goal of Data By the Bay is connecting the best data engineers, data scientists and data-driven startup leaders with each other. Co-located conferences will focus on Data, Text, Democracy, AI and IoT, and Life Sciences, May 17 - 20, 2016.
- Data Science of IoT: Sensor fusion and Kalman filters, Part 2 - Nov 9, 2015.
The second part of this tutorial examines use of Kalman filters to determine context for IoT systems, which helps to combine uncertain measurements in a multi-sensor system to accurately and dynamically understand the physical world.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n36, Nov 4: Integrating R, Python; Neural Net in 11 lines; Top 20 AI/Machine Learning books - Nov 4, 2015.
Integrating Python and R; A Neural Network in 11 lines; Amazon Top 20 Books in AI, Machine Learning; How Big Data is used in Recommendation Systems to change to change our lives; Data Science of IoT.
- Data Natives 2015: A Conference for the Data-Driven Generation, Berlin, Nov 19-20 - Oct 30, 2015.
Data Natives celebrates three areas of technology that are driving innovation and the next wave of billion dollar startups. Join industry leaders from Big Data, IoT and FinTech.
- Data Science of IoT: Sensor fusion and Kalman filters, Part 1 - Oct 29, 2015.
The Kalman filter has numerous applications, including IoT and Sensor fusion, which helps to determine the State of an IoT based computing system based on sensor input.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 27 and beyond - Oct 26, 2015.
Amazon QuickSight, Textual Healing, What's new in Statistica 13, Real-time Hadoop and IoT, Ad Hoc Visual Discovery, and more.
- RE.WORK Connect: Shaping a Hyper-connected World - Oct 20, 2015.
RE.WORK Connect Summit (San Francisco, Nov 12-13), is a unique opportunity to meet with business leaders, influential technologists and entrepreneurs leading the IoT revolution. Use KDNUGGETS code for 20% off.
- How Big Data Helps Build Smart Cities - Oct 16, 2015.
Smart cities face serious challenges prior to widespread acceptance, but their integrated use of Big Data, IoT, and other technologies to solve contemporary urban issues should eventually lead to their adoption.
Pages: 1 2
- The Data Science for Internet of Things – practitioner course - Oct 8, 2015.
The Data Science for IoT is the world first course that helps you to become a Data Scientist for the Internet Of Things. Starts Nov 10 in London, UK or online.
- Data Science for Internet of Things – practitioner course - Sep 14, 2015.
Created by Data Science and IoT professionals, the course covers infrastructure (Hadoop – Spark), Programming / Modelling(R/Time series) and ioT. Course starts Nov 2015, delivered online, and will have limited participants.
- Analytics for Personal Fitness Devices - Sep 12, 2015.
Analytics in health care is yet an undiscovered territory, but due to IoT devices it is estimated to grow to $53 billion in the next three years. Here we explain the current status of industry, its future potential and key drivers.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n25, Aug 5: Largest Dataset Analyzed? Big Data & the Dog Question; Impact of IoT - Aug 5, 2015.
New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined?; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question; Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning.
- Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape - Jul 29, 2015.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next technological revolution, expected to generate over $300 B by year 2020, according to Gartner. The IoT will also generate unprecedented amounts of data and its impact will be felt across the entire big data universe.
- From Big Data to Big Profits: A Lesson from Google’s Nest - Jul 24, 2015.
Google Nest is a very interesting example of how such a seemingly simple item as thermostat, with the addition to Big Data can transform an industry and lead to significant profits.
- The Perpetual Quest for Digital Trust - Jul 22, 2015.
Digital Trust is at a deficit – concludes the 2015 Accenture Digital Consumer Survey report “Digital Trust in the IoT Era”
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Customer-focus Mindset for Analytics - Jul 15, 2015.
We discuss career advice, need for customer-focus, Analytics trends, desired skills in Data Science practitioners, and more.
- Getting Business Value from Real-time Streaming Analytics - Jun 29, 2015.
Get the white paper to learn how real-time streaming analytics can add value to business, including what is real-time streaming analytics, its characteristics, best ways to use it and implement it.
- Data Science and Mobile Devices: Joined at the Hip - Jun 25, 2015.
As number of wearable and IoT devices have soared, there is a new big data market emerging at horizon. Here, we have scratched the surface of this giant and got few connections between mobile devices and data science.
- Be Smarter Than Your Devices: Learn About Big Data - Apr 7, 2015.
If the Apple Watch rollout proves anything, it might be this: Going forward, we’ll all have to be as smart about data as our devices. Also, learn about the origins of "Big Data" term.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Satyam Priyadarshy, Halliburton on Big Data Challenges in Oil & Gas Industry - Mar 30, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Halliburton, Big Data challenges unique to Oil & Gas industry, and the 7 V’s of Big Data.
- Top Analytics and Big Data Trends ahead of Strata Hadoop World San Jose - Feb 11, 2015.
Top 2015 Analytics and Big Data trends from our readers were Apache Spark, Deep Learning, Real-Time technology, Internet of Things (IoT).
- Interview: Ben Werther, CEO, Platfora on Insightful Analytics for Big Data - Dec 30, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in implementing end-to-end solutions for Big Data, Platfora use cases, Big Data trends, advice and more.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Fast Approaching Perfect Storm - Dec 24, 2014.
We discuss why we should anticipate a technology perfect storm soon, Enterprise IT challenges, distinct capabilities of IBM BlueMix and more.
- Spatial Data Platform from SpaceCurve for Real-Time Operational Intelligence - Dec 16, 2014.
SpaceCurve Spatial Data Platform will deliver strong spatial and temporal analytics capabilities. SpaceCurve CEO Dane Coyer and CTO Andrew Rogers tell us more.
- Big Data Comic Explains the Current State of Privacy - Nov 7, 2014.
A new comic from Al Jazeera simplifies the Big Data concepts and educates on the privacy concerns based on recent technology advancements.
- U. Geneva: Postdoc position on Learning over distributed streaming data - Oct 19, 2014.
We are looking for an excellent postdoc to work on the development of new machine learning methods for distributed streaming data generated in the context of the Internet of Things.
- Big Data on the Internet of Things - Oct 14, 2014.
ParStream unveils the first analytics platform purpose-built for the speed and scale of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Taming the Internet of Things – KNIME Case Study - Sep 30, 2014.
With increasing interest in the Internet of Things (IoT), see how KNIME can be applied to collect data from IoT sensors, enrich that data, transform it, analyze it, and finally visualize it.
- Symantec: IoT Analytics Engineer – Principal (Data Scientist) - Aug 29, 2014.
A key, hands-on contributor to the development and integration of analytics and machine learning technologies under the Internet of Things (IoT) umbrella.