- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 1 - Mar 24, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- What Top Firms Ask: 100+ Data Science Interview Questions - Mar 22, 2017.
Check this out: A topic wise collection of 100+ data science interview questions from top companies.
- Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $19 till Mar 31) - Mar 10, 2017.
Here a list of the best courses in data science from Udemy, covering Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, Tableau, and Hadoop - only $19 until March 31, 2017.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n09, Mar 8: 7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning w. Python; Every Intro to Data Science Course, Ranked - Mar 8, 2017.
Also The Data Science Project Playbook; Hadoop Is Falling - Why? Bokeh Cheat Sheet: Data Visualization in Python
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata + Hadoop World London, May 22-25, 2017 - Mar 7, 2017.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World London.
- Predictions for Data Science in 2017 - Mar 2, 2017.
Our predictions include: 2017 will be the year of Deep Learning (DL) technology, Artificial General Intelligence is still far away, Software and Hardware Progress will accelerate, and AI will have unexpected socio-political implications.
- Hadoop Is Falling – Why? - Mar 1, 2017.
Three years ago, looking beyond Hadoop was insanity, and there was little else that could come close. Recently, adoption of Hadoop has slowed down considerably. We examine why.
- The 6 Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $10 till Feb 28) - Feb 25, 2017.
Here a list of the best courses in data science from Udemy, covering Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, Tableau, and Hadoop - only $10 until Feb 28, 2017.
- Strata + Hadoop World, May 22-25, London, UK – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 6, 2017.
Strata + Hadoop World is a rich learning experience at the intersection of data science and business. Get best price by Feb 24 and save extra with code PCKDNG.
- Get Early Price for the priceless: Strata + Hadoop World - Jan 19, 2017.
Whatever you want to learn about data, you’ll find it at Strata + Hadoop World. Take a look at the program and see for yourself, and register by midnight January 20 with code PCKDNG and save up to $670 on your pass.
- 50+ Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets, updated - Dec 14, 2016.
Gear up to speed and have concepts and commands handy in Data Science, Data Mining, and Machine learning algorithms with these cheat sheets covering R, Python, Django, MySQL, SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Matlab, and Java.
- Navigating the World of Big Data Analytics - Dec 8, 2016.
Fulcrum Agile Analytics Lab- helps our partners test new technologies, new methodologies and new data sets quickly in an environment that can scale up and down and that meets all of their security and compliance requirements. Read to learn more and schedule a consultation.
- Analytica: Informatica PowerCenter Systems Administrator - Dec 5, 2016.
Seeking an Informatica PowerCenter Systems Administrator with proven expertise and experience in managing enterprise scale Informatica architectures and environments.
- How Hadoop, Spark, and Data Science are evolving – Nov 10 Webinar - Nov 8, 2016.
Find out how Hadoop and Spark are evolving for Data Science in this Nov 10 webinar and live Q&A with guest speaker, Forrester VP and Principal Analyst Mike Gualtieri.
- How to Choose a Data Format - Nov 3, 2016.
In any data analytics project, after business understanding phase, data understanding and selection of right data format as well as ETL tools is very important task. In this article, a very useful and practical set of guidelines is explained covering data format selection and ETL phases of project lifecycle.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata Hadoop 2016: Fast Data and Robots - Oct 14, 2016.
Did you miss Strata Hadoop World conference this year?? No worries! Want to know “how exciting it was”? Lets hear it from an expert in her own words.
- Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov. 14-16) – Leading Event for Big Data Technologists - Oct 13, 2016.
Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov 14-16, Seville, Spain) will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect. Register by Nov 3 to save over $250!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 05-11: Most Active #DataScientists on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop? - Oct 12, 2016.
Most Active #DataScientists, Free Books, Notebooks & Tutorials on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop?; Free #MachineLearning text PDF, from theory to algorithms; Top @reddit #MachineLearning Posts September.
- Why Not So Hadoop? - Sep 27, 2016.
Are Big Data and Hadoop synonymous? Not really, but they are often conflated. Has Hadoop lived up to its hype? In this article, we will look at a brief history of Hadoop and see where it stands today.
- Big Data Masters Course to Transform Your Career - Sep 27, 2016.
The Simplilearn Online Masters Program ensures that you transform into a Hadoop Architect by acquiring core skill sets, including Hadoop Development, Real time processing using Spark, and NoSQL database technology. Learn more.
- O’Reilly Live Training–Real-time. Real experts. Real learning. - Sep 26, 2016.
Get intensive, hands-on training from O'Reilly's expert network on critical data topics - from SQL fundamentals to distributed computing; enterprise strategy to data science at scale.
- Spark for Scale: Machine Learning for Big Data - Sep 23, 2016.
This post discusses the fundamental concepts for working with big data using distributed computing, and introduces the tools you need to build machine learning models.
Pages: 1 2 3
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career - Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Big Data Key Terms, Explained - Aug 11, 2016.
Just getting started with Big Data, or looking to iron out the wrinkles in your current understanding? Check out these 20 Big Data-related terms and their concise definitions.
Pages: 1 2
- Making Data Science Accessible – HDFS - Aug 4, 2016.
This post explains some basic Big Data concepts and offers some insight into when HDFS can be useful, employing basic analogies to do so.
- KDnuggets Free Bronze Pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City, Sep 28-29, 2016 - Jul 30, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City.
- 5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Jul 21, 2016.
Check out 5 Big Data projects that you are not likely to have seen before, but which may be useful to you, and perhaps even scratch an itch you didn't know you had.
- Take a Risk Free Hadoop Ride. Save up to 80% cost and offload time. - Jul 14, 2016.
The Impetus Data Warehouse Workload Migration product is a proven, cost-effective, and low-risk solution to offload traditional data warehouse to Big Data warehouse. Contact us for a proof-of-concept.
- Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 26-29 – KDnuggets discount - Jun 22, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is where cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect-and merge. It's a deep dive into emerging techniques and technologies. Get 20% off with code PCKDNG.
- Hadoop Key Terms, Explained - May 30, 2016.
An straightforward overview of 16 core Hadoop ecosystem concepts. No Big Picture discussion, just the facts.
Pages: 1 2
- UnitedHealth Group: Hadoop Big Data Developer - May 25, 2016.
Seeking a Hadoop Big Data Developer for a large scale Big Data Program which involves ingesting hundreds of files into a Hadoop ecosystem, enriching Hadoop data, and distributing significant amounts of that data to SQL and to dozens of other applications.
- Webinar: High Performance Hadoop With Python, May 5th - Apr 28, 2016.
On May 5th, Dr. Kristopher Overholt and Dr. Matthew Rocklin of Continuum Analytics will present a webinar on High Performance Hadoop with Python. Reserve your spot today!
- Top Data Science Courses on Udemy - Apr 27, 2016.
An overview of the very best that Udemy has to offer in data science education. Includes courses covering machine learning, Python, Hadoop, visualization, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Workshop opportunities – Hadoop, R, Predictive Modeling - Apr 11, 2016.
Spots are limited for the upcoming training workshops at Predictive Analytics World for Business, June 20-23, 2016 in Chicago. Check the new Hadoop workshop and instruction about advanced methods, modeling methods, R, and more – reserve your spot today.
- 100 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 29, 2016.
Stay on top of your data science skills game! Here’s a list of about 100 most active and interesting blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, Keynote Live Streaming, Mar 30-31 - Mar 28, 2016.
Watch Strata + Hadoop San Jose 2016 Conference Keynotes live on March 30 and March 31. Topics include Hadoop at 10, Predictive Analytics for on-demand economy, Real-Time, Summoning the demon of AI, Cybersecurity, The theorem that wouldn't die, and Nonsense science by comedian Paula Poundstone.
- Simplilearn disrupts Big Data Industry with Masters and Flexi Pass Programs - Mar 8, 2016.
Simplilearn, the largest online certification training company, offers 3 separate Big Data Masters Programs, courses on Hadoop and Spark, its unique CloudLab, and certification.
- Webinar: Driving Data Democracy: Hadoop and Redshift, Mar 16 - Mar 4, 2016.
The Hadoop ecosystem has improved markedly over the past few years. MPP databases allow analytics teams to easily query massive structured data sets. Learn how these pipelines work on March 16.
- Apache Big Data, Vancouver, May 9-12, KDnuggets Discount, Early bird ends Mar 6 - Mar 4, 2016.
Apache Big Data brings together the full suite of Big Data open source projects - check the amazing lineup of keynotes and breakout sessions and save with code APBD16KDN20.
- Top Big Data Processing Frameworks - Mar 3, 2016.
A discussion of 5 Big Data processing frameworks: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, and Samza. An overview of each is given and comparative insights are provided, along with links to external resources on particular related topics.
- Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015 - Feb 26, 2016.
A quantitative look at Spark's breakthrough year in 2015, from 3 different points of view. Will 2016 be an even bigger year for the open source project?
- Data Lake Plumbers: Operationalizing the Data Lake - Feb 18, 2016.
Gain insight into data lakes, their benefits, when they are appropriate, and how to operationalize them. How do they compare to the data warehouse?
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata + Hadoop World San Jose 2016 - Feb 16, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World San Jose.
- Strata Hadoop World London 2016 - Feb 3, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Make plans to join Strata + Hadoop World in London 31 May-3 June 2016. Save 20% with code PCKDNG.
- SanDisk: Senior Big Data Engineer/Hadoop Developer - Feb 3, 2016.
Planning and designing next-generation Big Data System architectures, managing the development and deployment of Hadoop applications.
- Simplilearn Special: 30% off on Big Data and Analytics courses - Feb 2, 2016.
Get access to Simplilearn R, Big Data, Hadoop and other Data Science-related courses at unbeatable prices with code GetAhead. This offer good till 7 Feb, 2016.
- Spark and the Remorseless Recrystallization of the Open Source Analytics Ecosystem - Jan 23, 2016.
Apache Spark had robust machine learning, graph, streaming, and in-memory capability to the Hadoop-centric ecosystem. In 2016, we expect adoption in diverse big data, advanced analytics, data science, Internet of Things, and other application domains.
- Hadoop and Big Data: The Top 6 Questions Answered - Jan 22, 2016.
6 questions surrounding Hadoop and Big Data are posed and answered, including those related to implementation, management, and practical uses. Find out where Hadoop currently sits in the world of Big Data.
- SanDisk: Senior Staff Hadoop Developer - Jan 20, 2016.
Planning and designing next-generation Big Data System architectures, managing the development and deployment of Hadoop applications.
- Kickstart Your Data Initiatives in 2016 – KDnuggets discount - Jan 18, 2016.
The Apache Hadoop, Predictive Analytics and Data Science Innovation Summits will be in San Diego, Feb 18-19. Get 20% off all two-day passes with code KD20.
- Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, Mar 28-31, Best Price ends Jan 15 - Jan 5, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Get KDnuggets discount to Strata + Hadoop World San Jose.
- Course: Big Data Processing with Hadoop & Spark, starts Jan 19, NYC - Jan 5, 2016.
Learn Hadoop and Spark, two key Big Data technologies, with an evening course in New York City, starting Jan 19. Special KDnuggets discount with code 09P8W01CUP7B.
- 2016: The Year of Hadooplooza - Dec 31, 2015.
Bruno Aziza examines the Hadoopalooza effect, how to avoid poor decisions to come back from the party a "Hadoop-loser", and what is needed to get value from data lakes.
- 8 Myths about Virtualizing Hadoop on vSphere Explained - Dec 22, 2015.
This article takes some common misperceptions about virtualizing Hadoop and explains why they are errors in people’s understanding.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 2 Highlights - Dec 15, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore, day 2.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 1 Highlights - Dec 11, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore.
- Predictive Analytics + Hadoop = Business Impact, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 4, 2015.
Learn how to use Predictive Analytics and Hadoop to Turn the Promise of Big Data into Business Impact in this webinar with RapidMiner Founder and CTO Ingo Mierswa and leading Gartner Analyst Merv Adrian.
- Taming the Elephant: Advice to Director, Big Data Architect - Nov 30, 2015.
Every other day, there is a new big data software is released in the market. Which one is the right to build your product? Understand how to resolve this conundrum and role of decision makers.
- Career path explained: Big Data Hadoop DEVELOPER to ARCHITECT - Nov 24, 2015.
The path to becoming a Big Data and Hadoop Architect is fraught with major challenges and responsibilities, but here is a handy infographic to help you chart out your path.
- Arabesque Distributed Graph Mining Platform - Nov 23, 2015.
Arabesque provides an elegant solution to the difficult problem of graph mining that lets a user easily express graph algorithms and efficiently distribute the computation.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n38, Nov 18: TensorFlow Disappoints; Spark with Python; Deep Learning; Top 20 Books - Nov 18, 2015.
TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Introduction to Spark with Python; A Statistical View of Deep Learning; Amazon Top 20 Books in Databases & Big Data.
- How to discover stolen data using Hadoop and Big data? - Nov 11, 2015.
We discuss recent data breaches and present an approach that uses Hadoop and data fingerprint matching techniques to discover stolen data.
Pages: 1 2
- Morpace: Hadoop Java Design Specialist - Oct 23, 2015.
Morpace is a leading market research and consulting organization, that provides quality research and leading-edge technology to its clients. Develop and implement a new full scale system using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 20 and beyond - Oct 19, 2015.
Easier Data Prep and Analysis for Data Scientists, Measure and Enhance Analytics Maturity, Amazon QuickSight, Textual Healing, and more.
- Strata + Hadoop World, Singapore, Dec 1-3: 2 for 1 Passes - Oct 13, 2015.
Register with code 2FOR1P and get a free pass of equal value to Strata + Hadoop World in Singapore. Expires Oct 31.
- 90+ Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Oct 8, 2015.
Stay on top of your data science skills game! Here's a list of 90+ active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata NYC Live Streaming info and Expo Hall Plus passes - Sep 28, 2015.
Watch Strata NYC keynotes live streaming on Sep 30 and Oct 1 here; also last moment info on Expo passes.
- Hadoop Maturity Survey: The Tipping Point - Sep 24, 2015.
AtScale first global Hadoop maturity survey finds Hadoop value greatly increases with nodes deployed; its use for ETL is frequently a transition stage to higher-value Data Science applications.
- Lavastorm Webinar: Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Sep 24 - Sep 16, 2015.
Learn how to easily extract data from Hadoop, create a more comprehensive view of your business, and quickly turn business data into business insights.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 15 and beyond - Sep 14, 2015.
Hadoop Guarantee, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 8 and beyond - Sep 7, 2015.
The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Apache Ignite, Text Analytics, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 1 and beyond - Aug 31, 2015.
Big Data Certification - which one, Data at the Speed of Business, The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- O’Reilly Learning Paths – Data Science Training – reduced rate until Sep 2 - Aug 30, 2015.
O'Reilly Learning Paths will help you get learn Hadoop, Data Visualization, Data Science with R, Python for Data - until Sep 2 buy them for only $99.
- What is the success rate in Hadoop adoption? - Aug 28, 2015.
Hadoop is no more an unknown term for the big data analytics, it’s to find its value return. Here, we tried to explore on the popular opinions of the Hadoop adopters, we also talk about current challenges for adoption.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1, 2015 - Aug 21, 2015.
Enter to win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World NYC - let us know what buzzword will replace "Big Data". Submit your entry by Aug 31, 2015.
- Rapidminer Webinar: Taming Hadoop – Extracting Value, Aug 20 - Aug 13, 2015.
Join Dr. Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CTO and leading EMA Analysts for a discussion on how to close the loop between predictive insights and action using big data analytics.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n26, Aug 12: Big Data, Data Science top influencers; Hadoop or Spark? Or Flink? - Aug 12, 2015.
Top influencers in Big Data, Data Science; The Big "Big Data" Question: Hadoop or Spark? 3 Key Components of a Successful Data Science Team; Stefan Groschupf, CEO Datameer, on why SQL on Hadoop is a bad idea.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 11 and beyond - Aug 10, 2015.
How Scale-Out and In-Memory Solve ETL, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Harnessing the Hadoop Ecosystem, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, and more.
- Apache Flink and the case for stream processing - Aug 7, 2015.
Realtime analytics have been proven challenging in the past, but with new tools it will be possible to setup your pipelines in relative short time. Apache Flink is one of such framework, find out how you can exploit it for your demands.
- The Big ‘Big Data’ Question: Hadoop or Spark? - Aug 5, 2015.
With a considerable number of similarities, Hadoop and Spark are often wrongly considered as the same. Bernard carefully explains the differences between the two and how to choose the right one (or both) for your business needs.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Balancing Accuracy and Simplicity in Analytics - Aug 4, 2015.
We discuss common pain points in Big Data projects, evolution of Datameer technology, department specific solution – Datameer Professional, Datameer 5.0 Smart Execution, tacking over-simplicity and more.
- NYC Data Science Academy courses & bootcamps in Data Engineering, Data Science, R, Python, and Machine Learning - Jul 31, 2015.
Upcoming training from NYC Data Science Academy: 6-Week Intensive Data Engineering Bootcamp, 12-Week Data Science Bootcamp, courses in R, Python, Data Science and Machine Learning, and more.
- Big Data TechCon, Nov 2-4, Chicago, the HOW-TO Big Data Event - Jul 29, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon in Chicago, to learn HOW-TO manage and analyze Big Data from your Web logs, social media interactions, transactions, sensors, etc. Use BIGDATA for special discount.
- Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape - Jul 29, 2015.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next technological revolution, expected to generate over $300 B by year 2020, according to Gartner. The IoT will also generate unprecedented amounts of data and its impact will be felt across the entire big data universe.
- Interview: Thanigai Vellore, Art.com on Why Big Data vs RDBMS is the Wrong Question - Jul 24, 2015.
We discuss success factors with polyglot architectures, Big Data challenges, recommendations for using Big Data technologies, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Thanigai Vellore, Art.com on Delivering Contextually Relevant Search Experience - Jul 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at Art.com, the polyglot data architecture at Art.com, the use cases for Hadoop, vendor selection, supporting semantic search and experience with Avro.
- To Code or Not to Code with KNIME - Jul 22, 2015.
Find out how KNIME allows us to integrating analytical languages, such as R and Python and visual design of SQL code. Also, learn to integrate your Hadoop, visualization and ETL systems with the KNIME.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data – yes, that’s what a latest Sensational Rap Music Video is all about - Jul 16, 2015.
Music video featuring Big Data and Hadoop (and Map-Reduce and NoSQL) might be all you need to light up your day!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-13: Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 14, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse cant?; Emacs for Data Science; Dataiku DataScience Studio - intuitive solution.
- 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets - Jul 14, 2015.
Gear up to speed and have Data Science & Data Mining concepts and commands handy with these cheatsheets covering R, Python, Django, MySQL, SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark and Machine learning algorithms.
- Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1 - Jul 7, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World in New York sold out last year with more than 5,500 attendees. See what is new for 2015 and get 20% off with code KDNG by July 10.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Secret Sauce of Open Source - Jul 2, 2015.
We discuss the critical success factor for open source projects, entrepreneurial lessons, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Future of Information Architecture Design - Jun 29, 2015.
We discuss Cloudera’s achievements, story behind the name ‘Cloudera’, CTO role, and key attributes of information architecture designed for future.
- Interview: Anil Gadre, MapR on 3 Keys for Big Data Success: Reliability, Security, & Scalability - Jun 24, 2015.
We discuss the origin of Apache Myriad, state of security in Big Data, MapR Quick Start Solutions, Hadoop vendor selection criteria, and more.
- Interview: Anil Gadre, MapR on What it takes to Automate Data-to-Action? - Jun 23, 2015.
We discuss how analytics can impact the business “as-it-happens”, merging business analytics with production operations, transition challenges, and recently announced partnership with Teradata.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 23 and beyond - Jun 22, 2015.
Which Data Should You Move to Hadoop, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Tips and Tricks for Logistic Regression, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1, KDnuggets discount - Jun 18, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World in New York is where big data most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future. Get 20% off with code KDNG.
- Simplilearn: Flat 30% off on 7-course Big Data package until June 22 - Jun 18, 2015.
Simplilearn updated All-in-one Big Data course packages now include latest databases like Apache Cassandra, Impala, and Google Big Table. Use Code ONLINE30 to get 30% Discount until 22nd June 2015.
- Interview: Beth Smith, General Manager of the IBM Analytics Platform business, on Analytics, Hadoop, Spark - Jun 12, 2015.
We discuss coming Analytics surprises, what has changed, Open Source, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Open Data Platform, new analytics roles, IBM resources for analytics educations, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? - Jun 11, 2015.
We analyze the associations between the top Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science tools based on the results of 2015 KDnuggets Software Poll. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- Interview: Ranjan Sinha, eBay on Advanced Hadoop Cluster Management through Predictive Modeling - Jun 9, 2015.
We discuss categorization of e-commerce analytics, opportunities/ challenges of Big Data, Astro predictive model for Hadoop cluster management, and Apache Kylin.
- CRN 2015 Big Data Infrastructure Companies - May 28, 2015.
The CRN identifies top 25 big data infrastructure, tools and service companies offering everything from hardware servers, to software platforms and applications, to cloud-based services. The list includes major players in the big data space like Microsoft, Amazon, and IBM!
- 150 Most Influential People in Big Data & Hadoop - May 27, 2015.
A list of 150 Most Influential People on Twitter in Big Data & Hadoop includes Merv Adrian @merv, Alistair Croll @acroll, Ben Lorica @bigdata, Paul Zikopoulos @BigData_paulz, Mathias Herberts @herberts, and Gregory Piatetsky @kdnuggets.
- Exclusive Interview: Matei Zaharia, creator of Apache Spark, on Spark, Hadoop, Flink, and Big Data in 2020 - May 22, 2015.
Apache Spark is one the hottest Big Data technologies in 2015. KDnuggets talks to Matei Zaharia, creator of Apache Spark, about key things to know about it, why it is not a replacement for Hadoop, how it is better than Flink, and vision for Big Data in 2020.
- Simplilearn: Big Data, Analytics online courses discount, Free ebook - May 21, 2015.
The role of a Data Scientist is ever evolving and a candidate with up-to-date skills will be preferred over their peers across industries. Learn SAS, Hadoop, R, Big Data, and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses, special discount until May 30.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-18: Hadoop demand falls; Andrew Ng Machine Learning class, excellent course notes - May 19, 2015.
#Hadoop demand falls, 54% of enterprises have no plans for it; Download your entire #Google search history; #DataScience for #Dummies: An interview with author Lilian @BigDataGal Pierson; Andrew Ng Machine Learning Coursera class - complete, excellent course notes.
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- Poll: What Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2015.
Vote in KDnuggets 16th Annual Poll: What Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project?. We will clean and analyze the results and publish our trend analysis afterwards.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015, London, May 5-7, Watch Live - May 4, 2015.
As Strata media partner, KDnuggets brings to you this opportunity to watch keynotes from Strata + Hadoop London live, May 5-7. Check the details inside.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 3 Highlights - Apr 24, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 3 of Big Data Bootcamp in Austin.
- MapR on Open Data Platform: Why we declined - Apr 24, 2015.
Why MapR declined to participate in the Open Data Platform? Our concerns include redundancy with Apache Software Foundation Governance, misdefined “core”, and lack of participation from Hadoop leaders.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 22, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 1 of Big Data Bootcamp 2015 in Austin.
- Interview: Michael Lurye, Time Warner Cable on Key Lessons from Shifting to Hadoop - Apr 14, 2015.
We discuss the key lessons from shifting to Hadoop, data management in today’s world, future of Data Science, advice and more.
- Interview: Michael Lurye, Time Warner Cable on Big Data and the Insatiable Demand for BI - Apr 13, 2015.
We discuss EDM at Time Warner Cable, data sources, complementing legacy data warehouses with Big Data solutions, vendor selection and build vs. buy decision.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Hadoop World London, 5-7 May, 2015 - Apr 13, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World has been called "mind-blowing", "an amazing event", "the most interesting and informative conference". Win free registration via KDnuggets.
- What do you want to learn? Big Data TechCon How-To Conference, Apr 26-28, Boston - Apr 9, 2015.
Our survey ahead of Big Data Techcon conference in Boston find most interest in learning Predictive analytics, Data visualization, Spark, Deep learning / Machine Learning, Hadoop and other components of Hadoop stack, and Python.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 7 and beyond - Apr 6, 2015.
More Accurate Predictive Analytic Models, Enterprise Data Rapid Sense-making, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Disrupting Traditional Analyst Workflows, Making Sense of Hadoop, and more.
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 3 Highlights - Apr 3, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from VISA, Glassbeam, Unravel on day 3 of Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara.
Pages: 1 2
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 31 and beyond - Mar 30, 2015.
Predictive Analytics for the Mainstream, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Great Data Lakes, Disrupting Traditional Analyst Workflows, Tamr and Tableau, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 17 and beyond - Mar 16, 2015.
Predictive Analytics - Rethinking Big Data, Addressing the Challenges of Data Variety, Semantic Publishing for News & Media, Data Mining: Failure to Launch.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Big Data TechCon How-To Conference, Apr 26-28, Boston - Mar 15, 2015.
Win a free KDnuggets Pass for Big Data TechCon in Boston - the conference to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty.
- Strata + Hadoop World London, 5-7 May 2015 - Mar 13, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World has been called "mind-blowing", "an amazing event", "the most interesting and informative conference". See for yourself in London and get a special KDnuggets discount.
- Top Big Data influencers of 2014, according to HadoopSphere - Mar 13, 2015.
Top big data influencers of 2014 include analysts Mike Gualtieri and Curt Monash, IBM and TDWI media, Spark and Scala products, Ben Lorica @bigdata and Gregory Piatetsky @kdnuggets on social media, Data Collective and AngelList co-founder.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Courses – CAREER30 - Mar 12, 2015.
Get Big Data and Analytics certification - a big plus for your career - with Simplilearn courses on Analytics, Big Data, Hadoop, SAS, R, Cloud Computing, and more, now at 30% discounted prices until Mar 30.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 10 and beyond - Mar 9, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, The State of Hadoop Adoption, Addressing the Challenges of Data Variety, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n07, Mar 4: Analytics/Data Science Salaries; Machine Learning Flaws; Strata Highlights - Mar 4, 2015.
Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science salary survey by region and role; Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose - Highlights; All Machine Learning Models Have Flaws; Interview: Ted Dunning, MapR on The Real Meaning of Real-Time in Big Data, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 3 and beyond - Mar 2, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Hadoop - A Solution for Big Data, Fast Data Meets Open Source, Real-Time Data on Hadoop with Apache Kafka, and more.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.