- The Next Challenges for Reinforcement Learning - Mar 28, 2017.
Despite the recent success of RL, there is still a lot of work to be done before it will become a mainstream technique. In this blog-post, we look at some of the remaining challenges that are currently being studied.
- Greed, Fear, Game Theory and Deep Learning - Mar 3, 2017.
The most advanced kind of Deep Learning system will involve multiple neural networks that either cooperate or compete to solve problems. The core problem of a multi-agent approach is how to control its behavior.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 22-28: 50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus - Mar 1, 2017.
50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus: Term 1, In Depth; What is a Support Vector Machine, and Why Would I Use it?; 6 Easy Steps to Learn Naive #Bayes Algorithm (with code in #Python).
- Top arXiv Papers, January: ConvNets Advances, Wide Instead of Deep, Adversarial Networks Win, Learning to Reinforcement Learn - Feb 3, 2017.
Check out the top arXiv Papers from January, covering convolutional neural network advances, why wide may trump deep, generative adversarial networks, learning to reinforcement learn, and more.
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- 6 areas of AI and Machine Learning to watch closely - Jan 25, 2017.
Artificial Intelligence is a generic term and many fields of science overlaps when comes to make an AI application. Here is an explanation of AI and its 6 major areas to be focused, going forward.
- Eat Melon: A Deep Q Reinforcement Learning Demo in your browser - Jan 20, 2017.
Check "Eat Melon demo", a fun way to gain familiarity with the Deep Q Learning algorithm, which you can do in your browser.
- Deep Learning Research Review: Reinforcement Learning - Nov 25, 2016.
This edition of Deep Learning Research Review explains recent research papers in Reinforcement Learning (RL). If you don't have the time to read the top papers yourself, or need an overview of RL in general, this post has you covered.
Pages: 1 2
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career - Oct 21, 2016.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
- The Deception of Supervised Learning - Sep 13, 2016.
Do models or offline datasets ever really tell us what to do? Most application of supervised learning is predicated on this deception.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 03-09: Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff: An Overview - Aug 10, 2016.
Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff: An Overview; Cartoon: Facebook #DataScience experiments and Cats; Bayesian #Machine Learning, Explained; Deep Reinforcement Learning for Keras.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n29, Aug 10: Data Science for Beginners: Fantastic series; Automating Data Science Contest Winners - Aug 10, 2016.
Data Science for Beginners: Fantastic Introductory Video; Contest 2nd Place: Automating Data Science; Contest Winner: Winning the AutoML Challenge with Auto-sklearn; Reinforcement Learning and the Internet of Things.
- Reinforcement Learning and the Internet of Things - Aug 5, 2016.
Gain an understanding of how reinforcement learning can be employed in the Internet of Things world.
- The Hard Problems AI Can’t (Yet) Touch - Jul 11, 2016.
It's tempting to consider the progress of AI as though it were a single monolithic entity,
advancing towards human intelligence on all fronts. But today's machine learning only addresses problems with simple, easily quantified objectives
- An Introduction to Semi-supervised Reinforcement Learning - May 17, 2016.
A great overview of semi-supervised reinforcement learning, including general discussion and implementation information.
Pages: 1 2
- Are Deep Neural Networks Creative? - May 12, 2016.
Deep neural networks routinely generate images and synthesize text. But does this amount to creativity? Can we reasonably claim that deep learning produces art?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 15-21: Is Big Data Still a Thing? 10 types of #regression. Which one to use? - Feb 24, 2016.
10 types of #regression. Which one to use? Is Big Data Still a Thing? 2016 #BigData Landscape; Demystifying #DeepReinforcement Learning; #TextMining #SouthPark.
- New Machine Learning and Data Science Books – Save 20% - Jun 15, 2015.
New books include Statistical Learning with Sparsity: The Lasso and Generalizations, Statistical Reinforcement Learning: Modern Machine Learning Approaches, and Healthcare Data Analytics. Use Promotion Code GZP42 to save 20% off.