- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- New Poll: Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science? - Jun 22, 2015.
The Data Science Championship fight - R vs Python: What was your Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science tasks?
- Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jun 18, 2015.
Deep Learning is the hottest trend now in AI and Machine Learning. We review the popular software for Deep Learning, including Caffe, Cuda-convnet, Deeplearning4j, Pylearn2, Theano, and Torch.
- Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? - Jun 11, 2015.
We analyze the associations between the top Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science tools based on the results of 2015 KDnuggets Software Poll. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-8: Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200,000 - Jun 9, 2015.
Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200K; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); #Airbnb announces #Aerosolve, an #OpenSource #MachineLearning #software package.
- Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects - Jun 1, 2015.
We examine top Python Machine learning open source projects on Github, both in terms of contributors and commits, and identify most popular and most active ones.
- R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is … - May 26, 2015.
In the battle of "best" data science tools, python and R both have their pros and cons. Selecting one over the other will depend on the use-cases, the cost of learning, and other common tools required.
- R leads RapidMiner, Python catches up, Big Data tools grow, Spark ignites - May 25, 2015.
R is the most popular overall tool among data miners, although Python usage is growing faster. RapidMiner continues to be most popular suite for data mining/data science. Hadoop/Big Data tools usage grew to 29%, propelled by 3x growth in Spark. Other tools with strong growth include H2O (0xdata), Actian, MLlib, and Alteryx.
- R vs Python, why each is better - May 19, 2015.
A report on a free-wheeling Australian meetup discussing "Why R is Better" and "Why Python is Better". What do you think?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 27 – May 3: Attack of the #BigData Startups; Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python - May 4, 2015.
DataScience from Scratch: First Principles with Python; Attack of the #BigData Startups - @cbinsights maps the industries; Not accurate, but #fun ! See how old Microsoft thinks you are; US Chief Data Scientist @dpatil on #DataScience #BigData past and future.
- NYC Data Science Academy 12 weeks Bootcamp, Apply by May 15 - May 3, 2015.
Upcoming NYC Data Science Academy education includes a 12-week bootcamp, classes on Intro to Data Science, and Data Analysis with R and with Python, meetups, and job placement assistance.
- How to become a Data Scientist – brief answer - Apr 28, 2015.
The most important steps to become a Data Scientist: learn Python, deep understanding of machine learning, try to be up-to-date. Check more details in the post.
- Open drives Boston Open Data Science Conference, May 30-31 - Apr 25, 2015.
Data science is built on transparency, effort, and the exchange of ideas. Join Open Data Science Conference, Boston, May 30-31, 2015.
- Algorithmia Tested: Human vs Automated Tag Generation - Apr 21, 2015.
Algorithmia, the marketplace for algorithms, can be a platform for hosting APIs to do a plethora of text analytics and information retrieval tasks. Automatic post tagging is done in this case study to demonstrate the effectiveness and ease-of-use of the platform.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 5-11: Amazon Machine Learning, Numerical Optimization, and Conditional Random Fields - Apr 14, 2015.
Amazon Machine Learning as a Service, Numerical Optimization, Extracting data from NYTimes recipes, Intro to Machine Learning with sci-kit, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 6-13: Languages have more “happy” words, esp. Spanish; Popular similarity measures in Python - Apr 14, 2015.
Languages have more "happy" words than unhappy; 5 most popular #similarity measures implementation in Python; Brilliant! Dilbert on Resume embellishing: if engineer, fire him; if marketer ...; Top programming languages change rapidly: SQL, C#, C++ down, Python, Node.js up.
- NYC Data Science Academy Bootcamps, Classes on R, Python, and Machine Learning - Apr 13, 2015.
NYC Data Science Academy upcoming schedule includes 7 bootcamp events and 4 classes on Data Science, R, Python, and Machine Learning. Register now.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 29-Apr 4: Andrew Ng AMA, Deep Learning for NLP, and OpenCL Convnets - Apr 10, 2015.
Andrew Ng's upcoming AMA, scikit-learn updates, Richard Socher's Deep Learning NLP videos, Criteo's huge new dataset, and convolutional neural networks on OpenCL are the top topics discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 30 – Apr 01: Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 CheatSheet - Apr 2, 2015.
Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 Cheat Sheet; Great Data Science resource: Intro to Statistics using Python, Pandas; 14 Best Python Pandas Features; Data Science shows why taxis can never compete.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-29: The Basic Recipe for #MachineLearning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science – comparing Python and R - Mar 30, 2015.
The Basic Recipe for Machine Learning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science - comparing Python and R; Uber Data Science team reveals why taxis may never be able to compete; Comparing @PredictionIO (Open Source Version) vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 22-28: Deep Learning flaws & Security, DeepMind Publications, and Keras - Mar 30, 2015.
Computer Vision security issues, DeepMind, statistics with Python, hacking on neural networks, and Keras, a neural network library are all topics on top of /r/MachineLearning this week.
- The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R - Mar 28, 2015.
In this post, I will elaborate on my experience switching teams by comparing and contrasting R and Python solutions to some simple data exploration exercises.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 16-18: 87 Studies shown that accurate numbers aren’t more useful than the ones you make up (Dilbert) - Mar 19, 2015.
Also Sirius - a free, open-source version of Siri; #PI art: the first 13,689 digits of pi; Great tutorial + #Python code: 1-Layer Neural Networks.
- NYC Data Science Courses, Bootcamps, Meetups - Mar 17, 2015.
NYC Data Science Academy spring schedule includes 3 classes, 3 Meetups, 7 bootcamp events on Data Science, R, Python, Machine Learning, scikit-learn, and related topics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 09-11: Learning path from noob to Kaggler in Python; 10 steps for success in Kaggle competitions - Mar 12, 2015.
Comprehensive learning path from noob to Kaggler in Python; 10 steps for success in Kaggle competitions; Machine learning packages #Python #Java #BigData #Lua #Clojure #Scala, R; Very useful LeaRning Path on R - Step by Step Guide.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 1-7: Stanford Deep Learning for NLP, Machine Learning with Scikit-learn - Mar 9, 2015.
This week on /r/MachineLearning, we have a new NLP-focused deep learning course from Stanford, an introduction to scikit-learn, visualization of music collections, an implementation of DeepMind, and NLP using deep learning and Torch.
- Juergen Schmidhuber AMA: The Principles of Intelligence and Machine Learning - Mar 9, 2015.
Jürgen Schmidhuber, pioneer in innovating Deep Neural Networks, answers questions on open code, general problem solvers, quantum computing, PhD students, online courses, and the neural network research community in this Reddit AMA.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, January: Good list of Machine Learning Resources, Deep Learning, Graphical Models; Sample solutions with R on Azure ML Marketplace - Feb 24, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by @dpatil, @hmason; Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 15-21: The Elephant in the Room of ML Research - Feb 24, 2015.
Problems with deep learning papers, Coursera linear algebra courses, Reddit comment visualizations, deep learning lectures, and genetic algorithm introductions make up the top posts this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-22: History of Data Science across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015 - Feb 23, 2015.
History of #DataScience across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31% ...; #BigData reveals how information travels: 8 clusters in Europe; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search: finding faces no longer unique to humans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-19: New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; How to transition from Excel to R - Feb 20, 2015.
Practical #DataScience in #Python #MachineLearning - nice intro; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; Well written: How to Transition from Excel to R; Microsoft launches #Azure #MachineLearning Platform for #BigData, adds Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-17: Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015; History of Data Science across 5 strands - Feb 18, 2015.
Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31%, Java 20%, C++ 9.8%; History of #DataScience across 5 strands: CS, #Data, #Visualization, Math, Stats; IBM Verse new messaging software will use #Watson to declutter your inbox; Doctors store 1,600 digital #hearts for #BigData study.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 8-14: Automating Tinder, Statistics and Machine Learning - Feb 17, 2015.
Automating Tinder with Eigenfaces, statistics lessons in big data analysis, an upcoming AMA, the basics of PCA, and neural network programming in Python are all topics covered in the last week on Reddit.
- NYC DSA Data Science Bootcamp,
June 1 – August 21 - Feb 13, 2015.
NYC Data Science Academy offers the highest quality in data science training, designed specifically around the skills employers are seeking, including R, Python, Hadoop, github, D3.js, raspberry pi and much more.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist gets 3 wishes for Valentine’s Day - Feb 13, 2015.
New KDnuggets cartoon imagines what could happen if a Big Data genie would grant a romantic Data Scientist 3 wishes for a Valentine's Day.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 9-10: Teach #Python or R for #DataScience? #BigData suprising finding on Divorce - Feb 11, 2015.
#BigData on Divorce: Wedding with 200+ guests is 92% less likely to end in divorce; Should you teach #Python or R #rstats for #DataScience?; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; Paris history, captured in its streets, visualized with R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 02-08: 10 things statistics teaches about Big Data analysis; Where is Waldo ruined by Machine Learning - Feb 9, 2015.
Very useful: 10 things statistics teaches about #BigData analysis; Where's Waldo ruined by a PhD student and #MachineLearning; Great Tutorial: Getting Started with Apache Spark and Python; Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-25: Facebook open sources its Deep Learning tools; Intro to Python and IPython for Data Mining - Jan 26, 2015.
Very useful: Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining; Chart Type #CheatSheet: The Guide to Chart Design; Optimizing optimization algorithms; How to Choose between learning #Python or R? You can't go wrong.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories in 2014, updated - Jan 11, 2015.
Top KDnuggets stories in 2014 had several themes - Deep Learning; Data Scientist career, education, and salary; IBM Watson; Resources for learning Data Science, especially R and Python, and polls on what are most popular analytics/data mining software & languages.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 7-8: Programming languages popularity by US state; Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions - Jan 9, 2015.
Programming languages popularity by US state; Why Ayasdi Topological Data Analysis Works - real data frequently is nonlinear; Learning Data Science and Predictive Modeling at Your Own Pace; Great talk: Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions.
- iMath Cloud Data Science Platform beta - Jan 6, 2015.
iMathResearch presents a Data Science platform, offering development in Python, R or Octave, cloud-based collaboration, private computational instances and visualization from the browser.
- NYC Open Data Meetups in January - Jan 3, 2015.
Upcoming events including Python Machine learning class Demo Day, Data Science Bootcamp and more.
- NYC Data Science Academy Bootcamp, Feb 2 – Apr 24 - Jan 1, 2015.
Learn from one of NYC top Data Science Instructors and receive mentorship from Chief Data Scientists, ending with interview prep and job placement at top firms in New York and the Tri-State area.
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in November - Dec 27, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design; Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories in 2014 - Dec 16, 2014.
Top KDnuggets stories in 2014 had several themes - Deep Learning; Data Scientist career, education, and salary; Resources for learning Data Science, especially R and Python, and polls on popular languages for data science and data mining.
- Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations - Dec 16, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon examines an unexpected shopping recommendation from Big Data and machine learning algorithms.
- Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills - Dec 15, 2014.
Our analysis of most demanded data scientist skills shows that Data Science is a team effort focused on business analytics, with top 5 platform skills being SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Hadoop.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 8-9: On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free - Dec 10, 2014.
On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Anyone Can Now Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free; Economists are NOT nonpartisan - @FiveThirtyEight quantifies their bias; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? - Dec 6, 2014.
We expand on the idea "If programming languages were vehicles" and examine what would be the main languages for data science: R, Python, SAS, and SQL?
- Practical Machine Learning for Engineers, New York, Jan 19-21 - Dec 2, 2014.
Learn the fundamental concepts of machine learning by working on a dataset of moderate size, using open source software tools. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Science - Nov 25, 2014.
Top SlideShare data science presentations provide a unique view on topics like data science management, using Python and NumPy in your data science project, and leveraging data science for enterprise big data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 17-18: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? - Nov 19, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? No (at least not yet); How to become a data scientist in 8 (not so) easy steps;R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Mining - Nov 13, 2014.
SlideShare data mining presentations cover many topics, offering a unique way of consuming data mining content and exploring a variety of slideshows, both narrow and broad in scope.
- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- STRATA + Hadoop World 2014 NYC Report - Nov 5, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World this year included workshops on subjects like Spark, R, and Python, interesting keynotes, and impressive detailed technical talks on subjects on Hadoop and new trends in big data.
- H2O World, Open Source Machine Learning Meeting, Nov 18-19, Mountain View - Oct 27, 2014.
H2O World (Nov 18-19, Mountain View) is where the users of the very popular Open Source Machine Learning Engine H2O gather to share their knowledge and know-how to build Smart Applications.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 21 and beyond - Oct 20, 2014.
Big Data Changes everything, Deep Learning + Apache Spark, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Linear Regression in Python, Demystify your data flows, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-14: Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama - Oct 15, 2014.
Also - The Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum: UW/Coursera + Harvard ; Statistical Modeling vs Machine Learning - mapping the terms and concepts; Very useful! Python 2.7 Quick Reference Sheet.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 14 and beyond - Oct 13, 2014.
Hadoop means Business, Which Half of Your Graphs are Lying, Deep Learning + Apache Spark, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Linear Regression in Python, and many more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- One-handed Keystroke Biometric Identification Competition - Oct 2, 2014.
Build a biometric keystroke classifier in this new competition to help identify the features that best predict one-handed typing samples. The prize for first place is a fingerprint scanner.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan - Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.
- Top stories for Jul 20-26 - Jul 27, 2014.
Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining; Spotting Bad Data Visualizations; MLlib: Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 18-20: Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining - Jul 21, 2014.
Baby steps in learning #Python for data analysis; My 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science - now in Techopedia; A good collection of #MachineLearning tools in #Python; Understanding Random Forests: From Theory to Practice - implementation.
- GraphLab Conference, Graph Analytics and Machine Learning, San Francisco July 21 - Jun 19, 2014.
GraphLab Conference (San Francisco, July 21) brings together experts in graph analytics, large scale machine learning, and data science from leading companies, academic institutions and organizations. Special KDnuggets discount.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 12, 2014.
Selection of the most useful Data Science cheat sheets, covering SQL, Python (including NumPy, SciPy and Pandas), R (including Regression, Time Series, Data Mining), MATLAB, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 25-27: Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from Big Data - Apr 28, 2014.
Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists from PyCon 2014; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from #BigData; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 23-24: It does look similar, but …; Why people are bad at technology predictions - Apr 25, 2014.
#BigData Cartoon: "It does look similar - but this one is powered by Hadoop"; Great list: 9 Python Machine Learning Books; Why people are bad at technology predictions; Too busy recommending things to experience them.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 16-17 - Apr 19, 2014.
Scikit-Learn: a great python library for machine learning; A map of where nobody lives in the US; Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data ; NYU @aghose on Est. Demand for Mobile Apps - Learn more: NYU Stern MS in Biz Analytics.
- Book Review: Data Just Right - Apr 7, 2014.
An introduction to technology and software at play in the current quest to define the Big Data Analytics computing paradigm, the book Data Just Right is reviewed in detail here.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 31 – Apr 1: Experfy marketplace for Data Science projects; Event Recommendation in Python - Apr 2, 2014.
Experfy launches a marketplace for #DataScience projects; Machine Learning Project: Event Recommendation in Python ; Anyone can see your email address on LinkedIn with this Chrome extension; 5 reasons to use R: free, popularity, power, flexibility, support.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- SciDB: Big Analytics without Big Hassles: In-Database Scalable R and Python, Apr 10 - Mar 27, 2014.
Next advance in analytical databases from renowned database researcher Mike Stonebraker - watch April webinar 10 about SciDB - open source, array database with native scalable complex analytics, programmable from R and Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.
- Webinar: Building Predictive Apps with BigML API, March 11 - Mar 4, 2014.
BigML interface makes machine learning easy to use, the underlying API provides the same functionality enabling data scientists to quickly implement many machine learning and predictive applications. Learn more on March 11.
- Online Data Science Certificates: Analytics and Programming for Data Science - Mar 1, 2014.
Statistics.com, a leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics announces two new online certificates for Data Science - "Analytics for Data Science" and "Programming for Data Science".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.
- Top stories for Feb 16-22 - Feb 23, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; Anaconda: Free, enterprise-ready Python for Big data; Why numbers do not tell the complete story.
- DEAP, Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python, Framework for Rapid Prototyping - Feb 20, 2014.
DEAP is a novel evolutionary computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas, seeking to make algorithms explicit and data structures transparent. Free Download.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 14-17: One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; The Myth of the Bell Curve – human performance - Feb 18, 2014.
One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; The Myth of the Bell Curve - human performance usually follows Power Law; Pylearn2, an open source Machine Learning library; Anaconda: Free enterprise-ready Python for Big data, Predictive Analytics.
- Anaconda: Free enterprise-ready Python for Big data, Predictive Analytics - Feb 15, 2014.
125+ cross-platform tested and optimized Python packages for advanced analytics totally free, even for commercial use.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
- Top stories for Feb 2-8: Predicting Sochi Olympics Medals; 3 Ways to Test Predictive Models - Feb 10, 2014.
Using Data Mining to Predict the Winter Olympics Medal Counts in Sochi; Top stories in January: Tutorial: Data Science in Python; 3 Ways to Test the Accuracy of Your Predictive Models; Viewpoint: Statistical Data Science, The Data Analysis Side.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka
- Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science from Statistics.com - Jan 24, 2014.
Many interesting online courses covering Decision Trees, Machine Learning Tools, Python for Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Hadoop, Forecasting, Data Visualization, and more, from Statistics.com.
- Globys: Applied Data Scientist, Machine Learning and Data Science - Jan 23, 2014.
This is Data Science experience of a lifetime - implement (mainly in Python) machine learning and complex data analytics on massive datasets for real-time marketing.
- KDnuggets 14:n02, Split on Data Science; Data Science in Python Tutorial - Jan 22, 2014.
Split on Data Science - Team vs Individual Approach, Data Science in Python - free tutorial, PASS Free Online Business Analytics Training - Feb 5, Confessions of a Dataholic, and more analytics/data mining news.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.
- Free Tutorial: Data Science in Python - Jan 14, 2014.
This Data Science in Python tutorial covers importing data, scikit-learn basics, aggregation and grouping, feature engineering, model evaluation, and deployment.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 8-9: Great list of NLP APIs; Python erodes R hegemony, but do not go all-in Python now - Jan 10, 2014.
Great list of 25+ NLP APIs for Sentiment Analysis, Text Processing, Topic Extraction; MLbase: Distributed Machine Learning using Apache Spark; "Sexy" Data Science should be a Team Sport, or it will fail ; LinkedIn files lawsuit over data-mining bots which mine user profiles