- SparkPost: Data Science Engineer [Columbia, MD or San Francisco, CA] - Sep 28, 2018.
SparkPost is seeking a Data Science Engineer in Columbia, MD or San Francisco, CA, to play a significant role in the design and development of innovative and impactful customer-facing data products, enabling SparkPost’s continued market leadership.
- Raspberry Pi IoT Projects for Fun and Profit - Sep 27, 2018.
In this post, I will explain how to run an IoT project from the command line, without graphical interface, using Ubuntu Core in a Raspberry Pi 3.
Pages: 1 2
- Datmo: the Open Source tool for tracking and reproducible Machine Learning experiments - Sep 26, 2018.
As a data scientist, managing environments and experiments is always hard and results in wasted time and effort with all the troubleshooting and lost work. With datmo, you can track your experiments using this common standard and not worry about reproduction of previous work.
- Diversity in Data Science: Overview and Strategy - Sep 24, 2018.
We take a hard look at diversity within the tech industry, root causes, and potential solutions and highlight resources/initiatives that can connect readers with programs aiding their professional development.
- Crunch Data Engineering and Analytics Conference, 29-31 October, Budapest - Sep 21, 2018.
The biggest (and anecdotally best) data engineering and analytics conference in the CEE region, is back! Practical Data Engineering and Data Analytics talks will take over Budapest, 29-31 October. Best part: discounted 3-in-1 tickets for Crunch, Amuse and Impact.
- Introducing Drexel new online MS in Data Science - Sep 21, 2018.
Drexel's new online Master's of Data Science places an emphasis on skills like data mining and algorithm creation, so you’ll graduate workplace-ready by having experience with some of the industry’s leading technology.
- 6 Steps To Write Any Machine Learning Algorithm From Scratch: Perceptron Case Study - Sep 20, 2018.
Writing a machine learning algorithm from scratch is an extremely rewarding learning experience. We highlight 6 steps in this process.
- Attend the Leading Applied AI Conference, San Francisco, Offer Ends Friday - Sep 19, 2018.
ODSC West 2018, and Accelerate AI return to San Francisco on Oct 31-Nov 3rd. The prior ODSC events sold out, so why wait? Save 30% with code KDD30 - offer ends Friday.
- A Winning Game Plan For Building Your Data Science Team - Sep 18, 2018.
We need to understand the responsibilities, capabilities, expectations and competencies of the Data Engineer, Data Scientist and Business Stakeholder.
- Webinar: How Google BigQuery and Looker Can Accelerate Your Data Science Workflow, Sep 19. - Sep 17, 2018.
Join Looker for this webcast, Sep 19, 2 PM EST, where you will learn how you can leverage Looker with the power of BigQuery Machine Learning (BQML) to build machine learning (ML) models directly where your data lives.
- Ethics + Data Science: opinion by DJ Patil, former US Chief Data Scientist - Sep 14, 2018.
How much has data changed our lives over the past decade? Former US Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil investigates.
- The Growing Participation of Women in the Data Science Community - Sep 14, 2018.
We still have a long way to go before the gender representation becomes more equalized, but the field at large indicates hopeful trends about women working in the role or desiring to do so in the future.
- Webinar: How Google BigQuery and Looker Can Accelerate Your Data Science Workflow, Sep 19 - Sep 10, 2018.
Join Looker for this webcast, Sep 19, 2 PM EST, where you will learn how you can leverage Looker with the power of BigQuery Machine Learning (BQML) to build machine learning (ML) models directly where your data lives.
- Essential Math for Data Science: ‘Why’ and ‘How’ - Sep 6, 2018.
It always pays to know the machinery under the hood (even at a high level) than being just the guy behind the wheel with no knowledge about the car.
- Data Science Cheat Sheet - Sep 6, 2018.
Check out this new data science cheat sheet, a relatively broad undertaking at a novice depth of understanding, which concisely packs a wide array of diverse data science goodness into a 9 page treatment.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Assistant Professor of Data Science [Worcester, MA] - Sep 6, 2018.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute is seeking a Assistant Professor of Data Science in Worcester, MA to join the strong team of existing data science faculty working on interdisciplinary research related to big data on real-world grand challenge problems with societal impact.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n33, Sep 5: Practical Topic Modeling with Python; Classifying AI Technologies; Data Science Project Inspiration - Sep 5, 2018.
Also: An End-to-End Project on Time Series Analysis and Forecasting with Python; Financial Data Analysis - Data Processing 1: Loan Eligibility Prediction; OLAP queries in SQL: A Refresher; Word Vectors in Natural Language Processing: Global Vectors (GloVe)
- What on earth is data science? - Sep 4, 2018.
An overview and discussion around data science, covering the history behind the term, data mining, statistical inference, machine learning, data engineering and more.
- 5 Resources to Inspire Your Next Data Science Project - Sep 4, 2018.
In this post, my intention is provide some useful tips and resources to springboard you into your next data science project.
- Bain: Data Science Manager [Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, or Washington, DC] - Aug 27, 2018.
Seeking a Data Science Manager. This is an opportunity to be a key leader in Bain’s expanding data science capability area. This position will be part of the Advanced Analytics Group (Bain’s team of data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary research experts).
- Stanford online Data Science, Data Mining courses and certificates - Aug 22, 2018.
With Stanford online graduate courses and certificates, you can earn a higher education credential while still maintaining your career. Apply now!
- UX Design Guide for Data Scientists and AI Products - Aug 21, 2018.
Realizing that there is a legitimate knowledge gap between UX Designers and Data Scientists, I have decided to attempt addressing the needs from the Data Scientist’s perspective.
- Interpreting a data set, beginning to end - Aug 20, 2018.
Detailed knowledge of your data is key to understanding it! We review several important methods that to understand the data, including summary statistics with visualization, embedding methods like PCA and t-SNE, and Topological Data Analysis.
- Data Science at Northwestern - Aug 16, 2018.
Northwestern’s MASTER OF SCIENCE IN DATA SCIENCE is a fully online, part-time program that helps students build essential analysis and leadership skills for today's data-driven world. Apply now!
- Project Hydrogen, new initiative based on Apache Spark to support AI and Data Science - Aug 16, 2018.
An introduction to Project Hydrogen: how it can assist machine learning and AI frameworks on Apache Spark and what distinguishes it from other open source projects.
- Open Data Science West Schedule Live, Europe Keynotes, and India Selling Out - Aug 15, 2018.
Check schedule for ODSC West (Oct 31 - Nov 3), fantastic keynotes for ODSC Europe (Sep 19-22), and get last remaining tix for ODSC India, Aug 30 - Sep 3.
- How to Set Up a Free Data Science Environment on Google Cloud - Aug 15, 2018.
In this post, we'll walk through how to set up a data science environment on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Because of the economy of scale that cloud hosting companies provide, individuals or teams can affordably access powerful computers.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n31, Aug 15: Top 10 roles in AI and data science; Github Data Science Spotlight: Python tools for Machine Learning - Aug 15, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner Guide to NLP; Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case; Data Scientist guide for getting started with Docker
- Data Scientist guide for getting started with Docker - Aug 14, 2018.
Docker is an increasingly popular way to create and deploy applications through virtualization, but can it be useful for data scientists? This guide should help you quickly get started.
- Find A Data Science Job Through Vettery - Aug 8, 2018.
Vettery specializes in tech roles and is completely free for job seekers. Interested? Submit your profile!
- GitHub Python Data Science Spotlight: AutoML, NLP, Visualization, ML Workflows - Aug 8, 2018.
This post includes a wide spectrum of data science projects, all of which are open source and are present on GitHub repositories.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n30, Aug 8: Iconic Data Visualisation; Data Scientist Interviews Demystified; Simple Statistics in Python - Aug 8, 2018.
Also: Selecting the Best Machine Learning Algorithm for Your Regression Problem; From Data to Viz: how to select the the right chart for your data; Only Numpy: Implementing GANs and Adam Optimizer using Numpy; Programming Best Practices for Data Science
- Seven Practical Ideas For Beginner Data Scientists - Aug 7, 2018.
As someone who has been there, I’d like to outline a few practical ideas to help junior data scientists get started at a small software company. The steps were drawn from my personal journey and that of others before me.
- Programming Best Practices For Data Science - Aug 7, 2018.
In this post, I'll go over the two mindsets most people switch between when doing programming work specifically for data science: the prototype mindset and the production mindset.
- [Webinar] Life as a Data Scientist and How to Become One - Aug 6, 2018.
Springboard is hosting a special webinar to give you an inside look at what it means to be a data scientist. Learn from a practicing data scientist on Wed Aug 8, 12 PM PDT.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Anaheim, JupyterCon NYC, VLDB Rio, ODSC India, KDD 2018 London, AI Conference San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata Data NYC, and many more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n29, Aug 1: Building an Awesome Data Science Portfolio; Data Science + DevOps = Taming the Unicorn - Aug 1, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner's Guide to Processing & Understanding Text: Data Retrieval with Web Scraping; Remote Data Science: How to Send R and Python Execution to SQL Server from Jupyter Notebooks; Best Deal in the Galaxy? Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC
- Weapons of Math Destruction, Ethical Matrix, Nate Silver and more Highlights from the Data Science Leaders Summit - Jul 31, 2018.
Domino Data Lab hosted its first ever Data Science Leaders Summit at the lovely Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on May 30-31, 2018. Cathy O'Neil, Nate Silver, Cassie Kozyrkov and Eric Colson were some of the speakers at this event.
Pages: 1 2
- In-Depth Training for the Future of Data – TDWI Orlando Agenda Now Live - Jul 30, 2018.
TDWI Orlando, Nov 11-16, provides you with the skills and best practices you need to advance your data management and analytics initiatives now. The agenda is now live! Save big with code KD20.
- DevOps for Data Scientists: Taming the Unicorn - Jul 27, 2018.
How do we version control the model and add it to an app? How will people interact with our website based on the outcome? How will it scale!?
- How to Lie with Data Science - Jul 27, 2018.
This post is not really about how to lie with Data Science. Instead, it’s about how we may be fooled by not giving enough attention to details in different parts of the pipeline.
- Maximize Value with Data. 100% Online MS in Applied Data Science. Enrolling Now. - Jul 26, 2018.
At Bay Path University, we'll provide you with a framework for working together regardless of your background and experience. That is why we created two tracks to complete the MS in Applied Data Science degree, which is right for you?
- Data Science For Business: 3 Reasons You Need To Learn The Expected Value Framework - Jul 26, 2018.
This article highlights the importance of learning the expected value framework in data science, covering classification, maximization and testing.
- [eBook] A Unified Approach to Analytics with Apache Spark - Jul 25, 2018.
How your data scientists and engineers can build models and data pipelines rapidly while collaborating with the business - download the ebook now.
- How to Build a Data Science Portfolio - Jul 25, 2018.
This post will include links to where various data science professionals (data science managers, data scientists, social media icons, or some combination thereof) and others talk about what to have in a portfolio and how to get noticed.
- Why Germany did not defeat Brazil in the final, or Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 24, 2018.
We review World Cup predictions (all failed), examine what makes such events difficult to predict, and suggest 3 golden rules to determine when you can trust the predictions.
- Cookiecutter Data Science: How to Organize Your Data Science Project - Jul 24, 2018.
A logical, reasonably standardized, but flexible project structure for doing and sharing data science work.
- Improve Data Science Productivity with Anaconda Enterprise - Jul 23, 2018.
Anaconda Enterprise is the only product on the market that empowers your data science team to go from laptop to cluster to production with full reproducibility and governance.
- Building A Data Science Product in 10 Days - Jul 23, 2018.
At startups, you often have the chance to create products from scratch. In this article, the author will share how to quickly build valuable data science products, using his first project at Instacart as an example.
- SuperDataScience Podcast: Insights from the Founder of KDnuggets - Jul 21, 2018.
I talk to Kirill Eremenko about my journey to data science, how KDnuggets started, why you should start honing your machine learning engineering skills at this very moment, what's the future of data science, and more.
- Explaining the 68-95-99.7 rule for a Normal Distribution - Jul 19, 2018.
This post explains how those numbers were derived in the hope that they can be more interpretable for your future endeavors.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n27, Jul 18: Data Scientist was the sexiest job until…; Text Mining on the Command Line; Does PCA Really Work? - Jul 18, 2018.
Also: What is Minimum Viable (Data) Product?; Beating the 4-Year Slump: Mid-Career Growth in Data Science; GDPR after 2 months - What does it mean for Machine Learning?; Basic Image Data Analysis Using Numpy and OpenCV; fast.ai Deep Learning Part 2 Complete Course Notes
- Learn cutting edge techniques from world-class data scientists – RapidMiner Wisdom - Jul 16, 2018.
Learn cutting edge techniques from world-class data scientists, including keynote speaker Kirk Borne. Use code WIS199 for 20% off early bird pricing through July 31, 2018.
- Key Takeaways from the Strata San Jose 2018 - Jul 16, 2018.
By dropping 'Hadoop' from its name, the @strataconf 2018 in San Jose signaled the emphasis on machine learning, cloud, streaming and real-time applications.
- Beating the 4-Year Slump: Mid-Career Growth in Data Science - Jul 16, 2018.
This article provides a list of resources for data scientists who are transitioning from early-career/entry-level positions to more established roles. Surveys have shown a sharp decrease in satisfaction starting around 4 years into the profession, and resources are less obvious and readily available for professionals who have a good handle on the basics of data science than they are for beginners.
- McKinsey Analytics Online Hackathon, July 20-22 - Jul 13, 2018.
Calling all coders and data scientists to join McKinsey's hackathon. Prize: 5,000 USD + NIPS (Montreal, Canada) + Flights + Accommodation.
- 9+ Rising Stars of Data Science - Jul 12, 2018.
Connect and learn from these 9 data science rock stars and over 231 more presenters at ODSC West 2018, Oct 31-Nov 3 in San Francisco. Get 60% off until Friday, July 13 - reserve your spot here .
- Northeastern University: Data Science Director - Jul 10, 2018.
Primary responsibilities include teaching and overseeing all aspects of the professional MS program in Data Science. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-tenure track position.
- A FREE Live Online Conference For Aspiring Data Scientists & Data-Curious Business Leaders - Jul 10, 2018.
Demystifying Data Science - a completely free, live online conference for aspiring data scientists and data-curious business professionals, July 24-25. Experience 28 interactive data science talks from industry-leading speakers. Register now!
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: July and Beyond - Jul 9, 2018.
Coming soon: ICDM/MLDM New York, Data Innovation Summits Las Vegas, ICML Stockholm, IJCAI/ECAI Stockholm, TDWI Anaheim, KDD-2018 London, JupyterCon NYC, and many more.
- Data science of the connected vehicle: perspectives, applications and trends - Jul 9, 2018.
The application of data science to streaming data from vehicles is an emerging field. Here we review general trends and some specific examples of relevant data feeds and applications where data science can deliver value.
- The 4 Levels of Data Usage in Data Science - Jul 9, 2018.
This is an overview of the 4 levels, or "buckets," of data usage in business, starting at monitoring and progressing to automation.
- Cartoon: How is Data Science Different From Religion? - Jul 8, 2018.
This difference between Data Science and Religion is not what you expect ...
- 5 of Our Favorite Free Visualization Tools - Jul 5, 2018.
5 key free data visualization tools that can provide flexible and effective data presentation.
- Why a Professional Association for Data Scientists is a Bad Idea - Jul 2, 2018.
This post presents the argument against having a professional association for data scientists.
- Automated Machine Learning vs Automated Data Science - Jul 2, 2018.
Just by adding the term "automated" in front of these 2 separate, distinct concepts does not somehow make them equivalent. Machine learning and data science are not the same thing.
- Top 20 Python Libraries for Data Science in 2018 - Jun 27, 2018.
Our selection actually contains more than 20 libraries, as some of them are alternatives to each other and solve the same problem. Therefore we have grouped them as it's difficult to distinguish one particular leader at the moment.
Pages: 1 2
- 5 Data Science Projects That Will Get You Hired in 2018 - Jun 26, 2018.
A portfolio of real-world projects is the best way to break into data science. This article highlights the 5 types of projects that will help land you a job and improve your career.
- 5 Key Takeaways from Strata London 2018 - Jun 19, 2018.
5 highlights and thoughts from my attendance to Strata London 2018.
- Data Science Predicting The Future - Jun 19, 2018.
In this article we will expand on the knowledge learnt from the last article - The What, Where and How of Data for Data Science - and consider how data science is applied to predict the future.
- ZS Associates: Data Science Associate Consultant - Jun 18, 2018.
Seeking candidates to design, develop and execute analytic techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions.
- How should I organize a larger data science team? - Jun 15, 2018.
VP of Data Science is asking opinions on how should he organize a larger Data Science team.
- Statistics, Causality, and What Claims are Difficult to Swallow: Judea Pearl debates Kevin Gray - Jun 15, 2018.
While KDnuggets takes no side, we present the informative and respectful back and forth as we believe it has value for our readers. We hope that you agree.
- Advice For Applying To Data Science Jobs - Jun 13, 2018.
A comprehensive guide to applying for a job in data science, covering the application, interview and offer stage.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n23, Jun 13: Did Python declare victory over R?; Master the Netflix Interview; Deep Learning Projects DIY Style - Jun 13, 2018.
Also: Command Line Tricks For Data Scientists; How (dis)similar are my train and test data?; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Should Not Overlook, June 2018; Introduction to Game Theory; Human Interpretable Machine Learning
- ebook: A Guide to Data Science at Scale - Jun 12, 2018.
Read our eBook to learn how easy it is to build and scale ML models with a unified analytics platform, how to collaborate across data teams to uncover insights faster, and more. Free download.
- The What, Where and How of Data for Data Science - Jun 12, 2018.
Here we will take data science apart and build it back up to a coherent and manageable concept. Bear with us!
- A Better Stats 101 - Jun 12, 2018.
Statistics encourages us to think systemically and recognize that variables normally do not operate in isolation, and that an effect usually has multiple causes. Some call this multivariate thinking. Statistics is particularly useful for uncovering the Why.
- DIY Deep Learning Projects - Jun 8, 2018.
Inspired by the great work of Akshay Bahadur in this article you will see some projects applying Computer Vision and Deep Learning, with implementations and details so you can reproduce them on your computer.
- How (dis)similar are my train and test data? - Jun 7, 2018.
This articles examines a scenario where your machine learning model can fail.
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- Command Line Tricks For Data Scientists - Jun 7, 2018.
Aspiring to master the command line should be on every developer’s list, especially data scientists. Learning the ins and outs of your terminal will undeniably make you more productive.
- The 6 components of Open-Source Data Science/ Machine Learning Ecosystem; Did Python declare victory over R? - Jun 6, 2018.
We find 6 tools form the modern open source Data Science / Machine Learning ecosystem; examine whether Python declared victory over R; and review which tools are most associated with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- The Statistics of Gang Violence - Jun 6, 2018.
For Carlos Carcach, Professor & Director, Center for Public Policy at the Escuela Superior de Economía y Negocios (ESEN) in Santa Tecla, El Salvador, gangs are an object of intellectual curiosity and the subject of his research.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n22, Jun 6: 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Beginner Guide to Data Science Pipeline - Jun 6, 2018.
Summer. Time to sit back and unwind. Or get your hands on some free machine learning and data science books and learn! Here is a great selection to get started.
- Europe Data Science Conference – KDnuggets Offer – ends Fri, 8 June - Jun 5, 2018.
Register for ODSC Europe 2018, leading Data Science conference in Europe - best rate ends June 8. Use code KDNuggets to save.
- Resources For Women In Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 4, 2018.
A comprehensive list of resources for Women in Data Science and Machine Learning, including a list of useful tech groups and published lists for finding Women speakers.
- The Book of Why - Jun 1, 2018.
Judea Pearl has made noteworthy contributions to artificial intelligence, Bayesian networks, and causal analysis. These achievements notwithstanding, Pearl holds some views many statisticians may find odd or exaggerated.
- Virtual Training Events Without Leaving Your Desk - May 30, 2018.
Check out our lineup of upcoming virtual seminars, online learning courses, and customized training in your office. Space is limited, so reserve your seat early and score the best savings!
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Data Science Pipeline - May 29, 2018.
On one end was a pipe with an entrance and at the other end an exit. The pipe was also labeled with five distinct letters: "O.S.E.M.N."
- 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - May 28, 2018.
Summer, summer, summertime. Time to sit back and unwind. Or get your hands on some free machine learning and data science books and get your learn on. Check out this selection to get you started.
- Monash U: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer (IT Data Science) - May 28, 2018.
Seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Applicants with a track record of high impact research and teaching in machine learning or advanced analytics are encouraged to apply.
- Top 20 R Libraries for Data Science in 2018 - May 25, 2018.
We have prepared an infographic of Top 20 R packages for data science, which covers the libraries main features and GitHub activities, as all of the libraries are open-source.
- Data Science: 4 Reasons Why Most Are Failing to Deliver - May 24, 2018.
Data Science: Some see billions in returns, but most are failing to deliver. This article explores some of the reasons why this is the case.
- Scientific debt – what does it mean for Data Science? - May 23, 2018.
This article analyses scientific debt - what it is and what it means for data science.
- Learn By Doing: Hands-on Labs and Data Science Bootcamp - May 21, 2018.
Familiarize yourself with the tools, technologies, and techniques that help you derive value from data at TDWI Anaheim, Aug 5-10, with TDWI’s Hands-on Lab Series and the Data Science Bootcamp. Save up to $915 with code KD20.
- Pursue a Stanford Data Science Certificate - May 18, 2018.
With our online graduate courses and certificates, you can earn a higher education credential from Stanford while still maintaining your career.
- Modern Data Science Workflows, May 24 - May 16, 2018.
Learn how data scientists across have influenced and changed analysis behaviors across their companies, and get helpful tips for integrating data science findings into your organization decision making process.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n20, May 16: PyTorch Tensor Basics; Data Science in Finance; Executive Guide to Data Science - May 16, 2018.
PyTorch Tensor Basics; Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Finance; The Executive Guide to Data Science and Machine Learning; Data Augmentation: How to use Deep Learning when you have Limited Data
- The Executive Guide to Data Science and Machine Learning - May 10, 2018.
This article provides a short introductory guide for executives curious about data science or commonly used terms they may encounter when working with their data team. It may also be of interest to other business professionals who are collaborating with data teams or trying to learn data science within their unit.
- 24houranswers: Analytics / Data Science / Math / Statistics Tutors - May 9, 2018.
Seeking qualified Ph.D. students or faculty members for the position of Tutor/Instructor to provide one-on-one lectures to the needs of our students in Applied Analytics, Computer Science, Applied Math and Statistics, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n19, May 9: KDnuggets Poll: What tools you used for Analytics/Data Science Projects? 8 Useful Advices for Aspiring Data Scientists - May 9, 2018.
Also: Boost your data science skills. Learn linear algebra; Apache Spark: Python vs. Scala; Getting Started with spaCy for Natural Language Processing.
- Torus for Docker-First Data Science - May 8, 2018.
To help data science teams adopt Docker and apply DevOps best practices to streamline machine learning delivery pipelines, we open-sourced a toolkit based on the popular cookiecutter project structure.
- Top Data Science, Machine Learning Courses from Udemy – May 2018 - May 8, 2018.
Learn Machine Learning, Data Science, Python, Azure Machine Learning, and more with Udemy Mother's Day $9.99 sale - get top courses from leading instructors.
- Best Practices for Scaling Data Science Across the Organization - May 7, 2018.
Join Forrester and Anaconda for a webinar on Thursday, May 17, at 2:00 PM CT, to learn best practices for scaling data science across your entire organization. Learn how to tackle five key challenges facing organizations today!
- 2018 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2018.
Vote in KDnuggets 19th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months?
- Skewness vs Kurtosis – The Robust Duo - May 4, 2018.
Kurtosis and Skewness are very close relatives of the “data normalized statistical moment” family – Kurtosis being the fourth and Skewness the third moment, and yet they are often used to detect very different phenomena in data. At the same time, it is typically recommendable to analyse the outputs of both together to gather more insight and understand the nature of the data better.
- 8 Useful Advices for Aspiring Data Scientists - May 4, 2018.
I recently read Sebastian Gutierrez’s “Data Scientists at Work”, in which he interviewed 16 data scientists. I want to share the best answers that these data scientists gave for the question: "What advice would you give to someone starting out in data science?"
- Boost your data science skills. Learn linear algebra. - May 3, 2018.
The aim of these notebooks is to help beginners/advanced beginners to grasp linear algebra concepts underlying deep learning and machine learning. Acquiring these skills can boost your ability to understand and apply various data science algorithms.
- To Kaggle Or Not - May 2, 2018.
Kaggle is the most well known competition platform for predictive modeling and analytics. This article looks into the different aspects of Kaggle and the benefits it can bring to data scientists.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n18, May 2: Blockchain Explained in 7 Python Functions; Data Science Dirty Secret; Choosing the Right Evaluation Metric - May 2, 2018.
Also: Building Convolutional Neural Network using NumPy from Scratch; Data Science Interview Guide; Implementing Deep Learning Methods and Feature Engineering for Text Data: The GloVe Model; Jupyter Notebook for Beginners: A Tutorial
- Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics - May 1, 2018.
This article gives a broad overview of data science and the various fields within it, including business analytics, data analytics, business intelligence, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI.
- The Dirty Little Secret Every Data Scientist Knows (but won’t admit) - Apr 26, 2018.
Most people don’t realize, but the actual “fancy” machine learning algorithm is like the last mile of the marathon. There is so much that must be done before you get there!
- Doing Real-Time Data Analysis With Db2 Event Store - Apr 26, 2018.
IBM unveiled the updated Db2 Event Store platform and various features at its Think 2018 conference, tailored for those in the data industry, including data scientists, and application developers.
- Data Science Interview Guide - Apr 25, 2018.
Traditionally, Data Science would focus on mathematics, computer science and domain expertise. While I will briefly cover some computer science fundamentals, the bulk of this blog will mostly cover the mathematical basics one might either need to brush up on (or even take an entire course).
Pages: 1 2
- Apple: Data Science Engineer - Apr 25, 2018.
Seeking a Data Science Engineer to lead the design and implementation of systems and tools to support the fraud prevention efforts of Analytic Insight.
- KDnuggets Recognized as a Top Data Science Influencer for 2018 - Apr 24, 2018.
Check out Onalytica's Data Science Influencers Report for 2018, and see where KDnuggets (and others) were ranked.
- Introducing the Anaconda Data Science Certification Program - Apr 20, 2018.
This program gives data scientists a way to verify their proficiency, and organizations an independent standard for qualifying current and prospective data science experts. Register now!
- G Research: Data Science Tooling Expert - Apr 20, 2018.
Seeking a candidate to identify and research new data science and machine learning technologies and support POCs of these technologies as well as other kinds of underlying infrastructure.
- 7 Books to Grasp Mathematical Foundations of Data Science and Machine Learning - Apr 17, 2018.
It is vital to have a good understanding of the mathematical foundations to be proficient with data science. With that in mind, here are seven books that can help.
- Key Algorithms and Statistical Models for Aspiring Data Scientists - Apr 16, 2018.
This article provides a summary of key algorithms and statistical techniques commonly used in industry, along with a short resource related to these techniques.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Apr 9, 2018.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Health Care and Fraud Detection are gaining. Anti-spam, Manufacturing, and Social are the fastest growing sectors in 2017, while Oil / Gas / Energy and Social Networks analysis have declined.
Pages: 1 2
- Descriptive Statistics: The Mighty Dwarf of Data Science – Crest Factor - Apr 6, 2018.
No other mean of data description is more comprehensive than Descriptive Statistics and with the ever increasing volumes of data and the era of low latency decision making needs, its relevance will only continue to increase.
- Top Data Science, Machine Learning Courses from Udemy – April 2018 - Apr 5, 2018.
Udemy April $10.99 sale is now going on top courses from leading instructors and learn Machine Learning, Data Science, Python, Azure Machine Learning, and more.
- Data Science and the Art of Producing Entertainment at Netflix - Apr 5, 2018.
Each Netflix production is a logistical challenge that consumes and produces a vast amount of data. The tech giant is utilising this data to help them create new content and assist them at every stage, from pre-production to launching the show.
- Hear From Data Science Luminaries Nate Silver and Cathy O’Neil at Rev, May 30-31, SF - Apr 3, 2018.
Rev is for data science leaders and practitioners, offering interactive sessions, stimulating conversations, and tutorials about how to run, manage, and accelerate data science as an organizational capability. Get early bird rates until April 15.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: April and Beyond - Apr 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AnacondaCON Austin, QCon.ai SF, INFORMS Baltimore, AI Conference NYC, Data Science Salon Dallas, AI Expo Global London, ODSC Boston, and many more.
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Part 4 - Apr 2, 2018.
Interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these contributors have insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Strata London, where Smart Data Science meets Business Strategy, KDnuggets Offer - Mar 27, 2018.
Strata Data Conferences bring together some of the world's smartest data scientists and business strategists. Join them in London and save with code PCKDNG.
- Datadeck Makes Data Sexy! - Mar 26, 2018.
Finally, it’s time for data scientists and analysts to be labeled as sexy and interesting. We’re going to help you make that happen.